Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,674 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For those that have attended the Expo Banquet before, what would you change?”

• Nothing 16 votes
      6%
    • Skip the fancy food, make it Burgers and Fries at a cheaper cost. 46 votes
      18%
    • Shorten the event, make it super cheap or free, and have no meal at all. 19 votes
      7%
    • I don't care about the banquet. 178 votes
      69%

(259 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_46311 (resized).jpg
    43BFFCCA-1 (resized).jpg
    pacak pickers (resized).png
    20181201_153948 (resized).jpg
    20181028_150630 (resized).jpg
    20181028_144801 (resized).jpg
    20181028_143202 (resized).jpg
    SteveRichieRum (resized).jpg
    20181019_184054 (resized).jpg
    20181018_125743 (resized).jpg
    20181020_194155 (resized).jpg
    20181020_231747 (resized).jpg
    20181017_193751 (resized).jpg
    20181020_161621 (resized).jpg
    20181018_180035 (resized).jpg
    20181020_144751 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintec.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#213 5 years ago

Pinball Expo Called me did they call you?

Hello my name is Stephanie and I'm calling in behalf of the pinball expo that's coming up we are looking for exhibitors at our show, this year is going to be bigger and better than ever! if you want to check it out go to www.pinballexpo.net.

Pinball Expo Is Jumping The Shark 2018!!!

444444 (resized).jpg444444 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #633 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Say what you want good or bad BERK really did nothing much to promote show for years.. I asked for years to meet about it. \he was always tooooo busy if we together after doing show for 33 years and friends for like 35 had tried to make changes and promote it could have been great..

the main reason all the halls and rooms were taken up 100% was so Mike couldn't have his show anywhere during the period (a measly 5000 sq feet just to block him. then lets state the show is bigger now and it defiantly isnt better,or new and improved.its just another chicago pinball show geared up to take your money.
    Keep in mind this is was a cancel attempt show and the Westin hotel management knows this show may pull out and relocate as they were able to salvage the original agreement by claiming breach in contract to charge heavy fees to cancel. The Hotel will raise rates , nickle and dime knowing they are losing their contract holder.

1 week later
    #756 5 years ago
    220px-Fonzie_jumps_the_shark (resized).PNG220px-Fonzie_jumps_the_shark (resized).PNG
    #757 5 years ago
    images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
    #760 5 years ago

Hopefully there isn't too many pinball machines with LED Syndrome that would suck.

3c9f29c4e8ef4597870864d66beeeb87 (resized).jpg3c9f29c4e8ef4597870864d66beeeb87 (resized).jpgfirepower-pinball-led-rottendog_1_a4d830e0605ca1cfa073e426fa99befc (resized).jpgfirepower-pinball-led-rottendog_1_a4d830e0605ca1cfa073e426fa99befc (resized).jpgimages (1) (resized).jpgimages (1) (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg
    #772 5 years ago

Led option: For unmistakable PUKE HUE when owners purchase kits and change out their early 1977-1990's pinball machines incandescent light bulbs to bright colorful leds (usually attempting to match artwork color and playfield insert colors) the result is a similar game to game Neon blue and purplish glow that can be seen on any game title usually altering the original illumination the factory intended when screening the artwork so its filtered for incandescent bulbs only.

Hey did you see those weird glowing pinball machines on Ebay?
    Yeah! they are expensive and have Led syndrome!

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
    #800 5 years ago

There are two other shows the same weekend.
    I know I have yet to find a way to clone myself, I bet Marco hasn't yet either.

Marc has been coming to Chicago for many years, most likely due to the weather: Recent Hurricane Florence and currently Michael barreling in.

#801 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Think I'm gonna bring some cologne and just spray fuckers as necessary.
    Or, in the case of el BRUT, just toss some on em.

You'll Sniff Em at the main entrance

#804 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

you think that a hurricane now, is what stopped them from deciding not to go to expo a year ago?

LOL

#808 5 years ago
    hells house (resized).jpghells house (resized).jpg
    #839 5 years ago
    Quoted from RobCraig:

Sellers are responsible for any fees for early removal. As games come in, we will spell this policy out. Sellers should find out if the game they are selling is leaving early and pay any fees for early withdrawal. Why? Because they were the ones compensated when they brought in the game. Any change in ownership for a game - selling or trading - requires a visit to the desk in the gameroom so we can keep ownership straight. If someone sells a game at 3AM - we won't be there. They'll have to come in the next morning at 10AM to get it worked out. We will have a table in the gameroom from 10AM-Midnight Friday and 10AM - 1AM Saturday.
    Example - Rob Craig brings in an X-Files on Thursday and gets an armband. Darren Sheldon wants to buy the game Thursday night. Rob asks Darren when he plans on leaving. Darren says Friday. Rob is staying until Saturday night. So Rob either charges Darren $60 more just eats the cost. Both parties come up to the table we have set up in the Gameroom and state that there has been an ownership change. We fill out a new card for the game and update our database. Rob also explains that the game is leaving Friday morning and that he is staying until Saturday night. Since Rob is still getting a $30/day benefit out of the free armband he received for bringing a game, he can either pay $60 or we can cut off the armband and he can go to the registration desk and buy a fresh new armband for all day Friday and another for all day Saturday.
    This process serves those that go to the show in keeping games there for the duration of the show (if possible), it servers the buyers because they haven't been compensated for any part of the show - just the seller. And it prevents someone from bringing a game on Wed or Thrs, selling it within the first few hours, the buyer splits, then no one else at the show ever gets to play the game.
    I'm sure I've caused most readers to fall asleep by now, but if your are selling a game at Expo, you need to know this information. And we will cover it when people arrive (if they are selling/trading) as they come in.
    -Rob Craig

EXPO (resized).JPGEXPO (resized).JPG
    #855 5 years ago

PINBALL EXPO WILL KICK OFF IN 5 DAYS 4 HOURS AND 29 SECONDS

Faces-01 (1) (resized).jpgFaces-01 (1) (resized).jpg

#868 5 years ago
    Quoted from RobCraig:

Benefits after 4 games don't stop. Expo starts paying $$$ because it gets silly giving more armbands. If you bring a few people, you'll need the armbands. But if you bring 10 games and 4 people, you wouldn't need those extra armbands anyway.
    Stats I have from years past show that only a smaller number of people will be bringing more than 4 games, just a few over 9. I assure you and everyone else that we will handle situations like that on a case by case basis and it will always be in the best interest of having games at the show for people to play. If you sell a few games on Thursday, please encourage your buyers to leave the games in the hall. If they pull a game out early, there should be some part of compensation that also leaves early. There could be a point where someone that is spinning a dozen games in the 24 Hour Gameroom and they start to look like a vendor .... and then should have probably been a vendor. But if they stay there until late Saturday or Sunday morning, no one that came to the show to play games would notice any games missing. That's one goal. The other is to encourage buying, selling, and trading of games and leaving them on the floor until the end of the show. What we absolutely DON'T want is what has been happening at Allentown where games start evaporating off the floor as they are selling. That is a problem there and can be everywhere else.
    Short answer - bring all you want and we'll make it work out fairly for you and any buyers too.
    -Rob Craig

Long explanation short: In a nutshell you Purchase 1 armband for the price of two and you'll get the second one FREE!

#899 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Please tell us Berk is working this out to be at the Schaumburg location?!?! I have been there for a Tech Expo on several occasions and that place rocks.

This will be the last time Pinball Expo Plays Westin. next spot to be announced.

#911 5 years ago

SPECIAL (resized).jpgSPECIAL (resized).jpg

#948 5 years ago
    Added over 6 years ago:

EXPO OR BUST! (NO PUN INTENDED)

#977 5 years ago
    41 (resized).jpg41 (resized).jpg
    #1384 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Ummm.. Where's the ketchup????

Put Whatever you all want on your hotdog
    Your enjoying a Chicago hot dog which never has ketchup.
    put ketchup on it and it is no longer one, ketchup at Chicago hot dog stands is for your french fries!

Chicago Style Hot Dog (resized).jpgChicago Style Hot Dog (resized).jpg
    #1455 5 years ago

Suggest no Video games at Pinball Expo seems like this was a last ditch effort to fill a hole after purchasing ALL the space at the hotel so to block Mike to not to try "have his show" in any form.

#1522 5 years ago
    Quoted from waldo34:

Have disagree, bumped into a number of people that enjoyed them. Thought it was a great way to spread the crowd over multiple rooms. Heck in future years it might allow others to share in both hobbies or bring in more people to enjoy the show.

This is a pinball themed venue anything pinball:
    Pinball seminars,
    Pinball tournaments,
    Pinball parts and supplies,
    Speakers discussing pinball,
    Pinball News.

Never implied video games were not cool or not fun, there are several venues where its everything arcade related is mixed. already been done.

#1545 5 years ago
    Quoted from RobCraig:Many video games were manufactured by pinball companies and shared some of the same talent. Gottlieb, Stern, Williams, Bally/Midway, all had video divisions or licensed video product to manufacture. This history is precious to many of them. I find it all interesting too.

Rob has opened a 55 gal drum of woop ass on Robotron many times.

Robotron (resized).pngRobotron (resized).png
    #1615 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:I came home sick... not from smoke, but from some pathalogical vector... something is going round... wife caght it from me. More cold... not flu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintec.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2018-reboot-wheeling-il?tu=pintec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.