Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,674 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For those that have attended the Expo Banquet before, what would you change?”

• Nothing 16 votes
      6%
    • Skip the fancy food, make it Burgers and Fries at a cheaper cost. 46 votes
      18%
    • Shorten the event, make it super cheap or free, and have no meal at all. 19 votes
      7%
    • I don't care about the banquet. 178 votes
      69%

(259 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_46311 (resized).jpg
    43BFFCCA-1 (resized).jpg
    pacak pickers (resized).png
    20181201_153948 (resized).jpg
    20181028_150630 (resized).jpg
    20181028_144801 (resized).jpg
    20181028_143202 (resized).jpg
    SteveRichieRum (resized).jpg
    20181019_184054 (resized).jpg
    20181018_125743 (resized).jpg
    20181020_194155 (resized).jpg
    20181020_231747 (resized).jpg
    20181017_193751 (resized).jpg
    20181020_161621 (resized).jpg
    20181018_180035 (resized).jpg
    20181020_144751 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinbackpacker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#138 5 years ago

Is it just me or does the hype quotient seem a bit low around Expo this year? We're two months out and not much forum action.

#141 5 years ago

I'll be there as well. I went two years ago. Looking forward to a great time!

3 weeks later
    #331 5 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

So since I’m planning on coming Wednesday and leaving Saturday morning, there’s no reason to bring a game because it will cost me $30 if I do.

Depends on how you look at it. If you come without a game the 3 days pass will cost you $90. If you bring the game and leave Sat you get in "free" you pay $30 for pulling the game early. So bringing the game still saves you $60.

#395 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Right or wrong I pretty much ran the whole operation of expo for many many years Berk really only delt with seminars and Banquet. In negotiations for a peaceful take over Berk had demanded that I not set up or be there for two years.. The take over was not a peaceful take over but included a few things. I wasa given right to do a show and berk said to me and everyone he was doing a show somewhare else. SO at this point I have asked many times am I permitted to set up and attend.. HE WILL NOT ANSWER. therefor there will be a court hearing soon to determine a lot of things.

Trying to sabotage Expo, regardless of how the change in ownership went down, is not going to win you any more supporters.

#404 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

If there were any laws broken or Torts committed, Mike could be entitled to an injunction and/or compensation.

If that’s the case then so be it. I just hope he’d file something in a timely manner and not get an injunction last minute thereby screwing all of us that have purchased plane tickets and made arrangements to attend.

1 week later
    #489 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

No one needs to be reminded of that pedophile moron.

Story on Randy?

#491 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Turns out (s)he was a pedophile moron.....

Uggghhhh...Saw him at Expo a couple years ago and definitely seemed a little "odd".

2 weeks later
    #738 5 years ago

RobCraig I assume you’re in regular communication with Rob Berk. Can you ask him to come into this thread and clear up some of the confusion? We’re just over 10 days out and people seem to have a lot of unanswered questions.

#775 5 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

So purchased 3 day pass and stern tour tickets online. Do they mail physical tickets or just show the receipt at the door? I didnr get any emails other than the PayPal confirmation email.

You grab them at the registration table at the hotel.

#782 5 years ago

So I've reached out to both Cointaker and Marco - both of which confirmed they will NOT be at Expo. For some reason they are both listed as Expo vendors on the website: http://www.pinballexpo.net/vendors.html which makes be wonder which others are listed and won't be there? Can we just get an accurate list of who will be there?

#785 5 years ago

Thanks LTG and DennisDodel - now if they could just update the website.

#792 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Hello. What you are looking at is not vendors AT the show. It’s the show showing appreaciation for those who helped advertise the show. Aka flyers in people’s orders. I beleive robcraig stated this a couple days ago and then posted the vendor list.

That’s great except what it says on the website is “THE FOLLOWING VENDORS HAVE COMMITTED TO THIS YEAR'S PINBALL EXPO”. But who cares at this point.

1 week later
    #1023 5 years ago

Refrigerators in the rooms?

#1032 5 years ago

Bumper Blast welcome party

486F093B-C887-434F-9CDE-4CE7321671C5 (resized).jpeg486F093B-C887-434F-9CDE-4CE7321671C5 (resized).jpeg
    #1033 5 years ago

Game hall coming along

A03894D1-6564-4BDE-A5E1-786962E4B97B (resized).jpegA03894D1-6564-4BDE-A5E1-786962E4B97B (resized).jpeg
    #1193 5 years ago

Getting ready for the deeproot seminar and just saw JPop in the hall. should be interesting...

#1284 5 years ago
    Quoted from cdf12345:

So the reason I even stepped in the room to begin with was to kinda gauge her response honestly, I really couldn’t tell if she was putting off a “look I’m trying to do my job, but I’m looking the other way thing.” Or I’m serious, I know you have a ticket but you have to wait until 8am. I directly questioned her, what would happen if I went ahead and went inside with just a ticket and not a wristband and just got my wristband at 8am when they opened and I just kept getting the same canned response “you can’t go in there”.
    So when I said I went in. I literally look like maybe a dozen steps. Didn’t touch anything, and walked back to the door, because, I understand she there to do a job, but it was clear we had tickets , and just wanted to play pinball. Her response was to call the cops the second I walked back to the door (literally 10 second later) to go back to my friend.)
    Legally, the cops probably would have sided with her I think. It’s a private venue,although I think they probably would have had to get the hotel management to kick me out. I wasn’t there to cause trouble. I just wanted to play pinball.

I feel bad that you weren’t able to get in and agree the show organizers should have anticipated this Groupon ticket issue. However, the moment you effectively challenge the security guard and physically move into an area you have been told not to and say “what will happen if I do this” you more or less give up your moral position. Situations like this at 330am can quickly escalate to violence, so I’m not surprised she called the police, you shouldn’t be either.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinbackpacker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2018-reboot-wheeling-il?tu=pinbackpacker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.