Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,674 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For those that have attended the Expo Banquet before, what would you change?”

• Nothing 16 votes
      6%
    • Skip the fancy food, make it Burgers and Fries at a cheaper cost. 46 votes
      18%
    • Shorten the event, make it super cheap or free, and have no meal at all. 19 votes
      7%
    • I don't care about the banquet. 178 votes
      69%

(259 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_46311 (resized).jpg
    43BFFCCA-1 (resized).jpg
    pacak pickers (resized).png
    20181201_153948 (resized).jpg
    20181028_150630 (resized).jpg
    20181028_144801 (resized).jpg
    20181028_143202 (resized).jpg
    SteveRichieRum (resized).jpg
    20181019_184054 (resized).jpg
    20181018_125743 (resized).jpg
    20181020_194155 (resized).jpg
    20181020_231747 (resized).jpg
    20181017_193751 (resized).jpg
    20181020_161621 (resized).jpg
    20181018_180035 (resized).jpg
    20181020_144751 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 5 years ago

We are going to give Expo a shot this year as a vendor. Hoping that under new management things will be different. Looking forward to it.

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jamaster10:

I'm on the fence with this year, I'm sure ill be there set up, Just curious how many of us vendors will be there?
    Its not cheap to do this show. The hotel rooms go up every year.
    Pincades
    JT

We will be there, we are staying down the road at the Hawthorne suites for half the price of the conference center (and free breakfast)

1 month later
    #197 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I opted out from attending this year merely due to the kack of communication and uncertainty of it all. Ill sit out a year and let them figure things out.

Not understanding what’s not clear, the schedule seems pretty detailed and packed.

http://www.pinballexpo.net/forms/PinballExpoSchEvents2018.pdf

#245 5 years ago

First world troubles, whether or not to go to a pinball show. Life is short, take advantage, go and have fun, meet some people, etc.

1 week later
    #449 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

If a lot of machines and vendors leave sat night......, now I’m contemplating not staying over sat night. Two rooms for a night where there is slim Pickens and still a lot of people equals no fun. I may be better off driving back whenever on sat.
    We were staying fri/sat nights. Beginning to sound like sat night is not worth it now.

We are staying Saturday for the entire show, leaving on Sunday. We will have a dialed in on free play in our booth so at least there will be one game at the show on Saturday eve

#506 5 years ago

We are staying at the Wyndham Hawthorne, 3 miles away. $75/ night including taxes. We don’t drink much during the show with a booth so driving not an issue. Costs us enough just to walk in the door as a long distance vendor so we try to save a few dollars where we can.

#514 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

You probably get a free breakfast too. ? That's not included at the expo hotel. But there are restaurants around = more our of pocket costs for us.

Yes! There's also Dunkin donuts that you can walk to from the Westin.

Quoted from lancestorm:

Is parking a nightmare for those not staying on property?

Plenty of parking last year, it's a big complex.

3 weeks later
    #891 5 years ago

Hi everyone,

We will be a vendor at expo for the first time and are looking forward to it. Because of the distance to travel, we are limited in what and how much inventory we can bring. We’d like to offer a pre-show sale so that we can ensure we have what you might want. If you place your order before the show, we will ensure we have your order available for pick up at the show. All our mods, including our most recent for Deadpool and Iron Maiden are eligible. Only backbox mods do not qualify given their size.

Please contact us for a special one time use discount coupon code if you would like to pre-order.

Lermods.com

#959 5 years ago

Map looks good to me...looking forward to setting up...not looking forward to dealing with tsa.

#961 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What are all those wires and blinking lights for???

Lol...we are checking a few bags, I'm more worried about those. Tsa can open them and do whatever. At least what we take on the plane we can can explain to someone. We always get flagged. We didn't have time to ship anything as we just did the York show this past weekend.

#1138 5 years ago

We have been impressed with the show so far. As a vendor, we couldn’t ask for better treatment. Not sure how it was in the past, but the vibe feels a lot like Texas for us. There was a lot of traffic in the vendor hall and a ton of games, include POTC, MB, all the new sterns, Houdini, Oktoberfest and many others, including TAF, bsd, jm, bm66, gb and tz. Couldn’t ask for more.

I went into the free play room for a little while and there was a nice selection of games. Played checkpoint, totan, pinbot, police force and a few others, all played well...thx to those who brought games.

If you are at the show the next two days, stop by our booth, we like meeting fellow pinsiders. We have a beautiful DI CE on free play in our booth, which I had never seen, take your shot at knocking me off as GC, 2 mil yesterday. If you do it, I’ll give you a free Lermods T-shirt.

#1369 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

It was for sure. Did business there with Mrs L. Incredibly nice and helpful. Then waved and said Hi when I walked by their table the next day- Like I was a valued customer and not just $$$$
    On that note- I did business with Great American Pinball again, and I have to say that Mike and Jason are always really nice and nice talking with. And the guys from PinGraffix were really great too. That's not to say none of the vendors weren't good- everyone was- just a few really stood out to *me*.
    Seminars were kind of weak this year for sure.
    Vendor rooms should have been connected: Main Vendor hall next to what was the 24 hour room, there was a partition between them that moved. And the 24 hour room should have been where secondary vendor room was. Nothing wrong with the vendor room hours- they spent a lot of time bringing product, setting up, and then having to take it all down well after most attendees left. They should have some time off.
    Video games- as others stated, probably half were never on, so why bring them? While I supposed rare titles are nice for some, it would have been nice to see more popular titles. I mean they are popular for a reason right?
    24 hour room- It is hard for everyone to be everywhere at the same time. Berk's games seemed to be down often. I turned off and texted Troy about an issue with his Pinball Magic, and he was on it pretty quickly. He did a nice job with keeping his games up if they went down. Others did to, I just happen to know who Troy is. Some games were down for what seemed like most of Th-Sat, and I think it was more than just three..
    Overall- Good Time. Was it an improvement? Hard to say, some things seemed better, some seemed worse. Looks it worked out better for the vendors. I agree with why someone called it a vendor show.

Thanks, that’s very nice of you to say this, we just loved being there. I showed this to Mrs. L and she was really happy to read it. The DI CE in our booth is owned by Rob Berk that he lent us for the show. I modded it with an rgb flashing mod and our DI sidelights mod. Game held up without a hitch the entire show.

#1498 5 years ago

As a vendor, let me chime in with two thoughts:

1. Vendor hall should open earlier on Friday, like noon. Yeah, hours are long for vendors, but we travel a long way and put a lot into shows so having extra hours for sales are a good thing.
    2. One of the great things about Texas is that everyone and everything is in the same room. As a vendor, you don’t want people leaving the room. Now, this raises issues about 24 hour free play as you need to secure the vendor hall, but I would ask whether 24 hour play is needed. You may have less broken games if there is down time to fix games properly.

Overall, we have no complaints about the show, had a great time meeting people and seeing new games and we will definitely be back next year. We could not have asked to be treated any better.

#1565 5 years ago

Great video guys, thanks for doing it. Made me remember how great the show was. That B&W TZ was simply amazing!

Quoted from ZMeny:

For those unable to attend
    SDTM 2018 Chicago Pinball Expo Walkthrough

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2018-reboot-wheeling-il?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.