Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,674 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For those that have attended the Expo Banquet before, what would you change?”

• Nothing 16 votes
      6%
    • Skip the fancy food, make it Burgers and Fries at a cheaper cost. 46 votes
      18%
    • Shorten the event, make it super cheap or free, and have no meal at all. 19 votes
      7%
    • I don't care about the banquet. 178 votes
      69%

(259 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_46311 (resized).jpg
    43BFFCCA-1 (resized).jpg
    pacak pickers (resized).png
    20181201_153948 (resized).jpg
    20181028_150630 (resized).jpg
    20181028_144801 (resized).jpg
    20181028_143202 (resized).jpg
    SteveRichieRum (resized).jpg
    20181019_184054 (resized).jpg
    20181018_125743 (resized).jpg
    20181020_194155 (resized).jpg
    20181020_231747 (resized).jpg
    20181017_193751 (resized).jpg
    20181020_161621 (resized).jpg
    20181018_180035 (resized).jpg
    20181020_144751 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#352 5 years ago
    Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

My question is why does the Detroit folks come and help out the out-of-town Chicago show boys on this stuff at all, to be good Samaritans, or to out show the show hosts? I see that RA is now on his own as a result, so its like saying you guys suck at what you do, called us in and we did most of the work, and now you can go blow yourselves and we won't be there any more. Maybe folks can stop pissing in each other's world and just get along for the sake of getting along. Egos, I'm guessing not.

this is definitely a "wtf" post. apparently, in your world there is no such thing as a "good samaritan" (and here I was led to believe that [all] canadians were polite

as clay mentioned, coverage for the room was really good. I probably spent a good 8 hours during the course of the show sitting in the room to allow people to pick up / drop off games when the others were out to breakfast or lunch and everyone pitched in where they could. other than when clay closed up the room for the night were not there many times (if any) where the room was locked up and unaccessible during the day

#363 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

unless you count the chocolate covered bacon guy

that guy was b*llsh!t!!
    he closed up early saturday and was gone by noon. I wanted to grab some stuff from him before leaving and when I looped back around on my stroll through the vendor room, it was like he had vanished into thin air. his table was was completely cleared out as if he had never been there

#372 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I guess I'm out of the loop. So Phoebe and her whole continent aren't coming this year? That's a real bummer.

rumor has it that she got tired of losing 3 years in a row to me in our little best of 3 games joust tourney and broke from having to pay my winnings

#430 5 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Canada
    The province with the highest crime rate for the 9th straight year was Saskatchewan with 13,711 per 100,000

#435 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I sure hope so, since I live about 10 minutes away from the Westin.
    People who aren't from the Chicago area see the statistics and get the false impression that it's a war zone out here. The reality is that 99% of the homicides occur in specific neighborhoods with a lot of gang activity. The Chicago metropolitan area is huge. Just stay away from those neighborhoods and you'll be fine.

brian, we always thought that you resided in the [dodgy] part of your city. we were scared to get out of the vehicle, let alone drive around with the doors unlocked in your neck of the woods

#438 5 years ago

while not really a "thing" to do, for food options outside of the hotel and food venues off of the parking lot, we've hit up the "real urban bbq" in vernon hills, which isn't that far from the hotel. great food imo
    also, you need to visit the "rise n dine pancake cafe" for breakfast at least one morning while your there. they've got an excellent menu and an extremely friendly waitstaff

https://www.yelp.com/biz/real-urban-barbecue-vernon-hills
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/rise-n-dine-pancake-cafe-wheeling

#494 5 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I almost got shot taking this
    [quoted image]

which guy was it? the one in the prius? or the bmw?

#547 5 years ago

one thing that clay neglected to mention is that we educate our patrons and there are enough staff constantly patrolling the aisles to make sure that:
    - no one is abusing the games
    - games are not left in a state where they were credited up, started and then left unattended mid-game. we reset them or end the game(s) in progress
    - games are immediately turned off when something goes awry (a coil locked on or something electrical burning)
    - quick to react to any minor failures (stuck balls, etc...
    - the club members are passionate about the hobby and most are willing to chat about anything for those wanting to know or learn more

and because we have enough club members staffing the VFW shows, no one (other than clay) ever really feels overwhelmed or exhausted during the show

2 weeks later
    #810 5 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

that is cool

but can you make it [much] smaller and light up the eyes (and the flame hair) so that I can use it as a pinball mod?

#949 5 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Thanks.Did he really just show everyone his blowjob Flintstones transliteWTF

corrected: blowjob, wife swap translite

#963 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not me. I'm renting one of those carts so I can mow people over or chase them.
    Expo here I come !
    LTG : )

lloyd, are you going to have a little dog in the front mounted basket?

7 months later
    #1646 4 years ago

mike should have an "estate sale". I'm guessing that he would do well given the number of people in pinball and arcade games alone

#1649 4 years ago

it would have been great if one of the camera pans revealed the head for the evel knievel that they never found

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2018-reboot-wheeling-il?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.