Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,674 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For those that have attended the Expo Banquet before, what would you change?”

• Nothing 16 votes
      6%
    • Skip the fancy food, make it Burgers and Fries at a cheaper cost. 46 votes
      18%
    • Shorten the event, make it super cheap or free, and have no meal at all. 19 votes
      7%
    • I don't care about the banquet. 178 votes
      69%

(259 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_46311 (resized).jpg
    43BFFCCA-1 (resized).jpg
    pacak pickers (resized).png
    20181201_153948 (resized).jpg
    20181028_150630 (resized).jpg
    20181028_144801 (resized).jpg
    20181028_143202 (resized).jpg
    SteveRichieRum (resized).jpg
    20181019_184054 (resized).jpg
    20181018_125743 (resized).jpg
    20181020_194155 (resized).jpg
    20181020_231747 (resized).jpg
    20181017_193751 (resized).jpg
    20181020_161621 (resized).jpg
    20181018_180035 (resized).jpg
    20181020_144751 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1172 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I agree on this. Last night, by 10:30pm about 25% of the games in the free play room were shut off. Some of these machine were piles of crap and barely worked to begin with. You know you are in trouble when there are multiple Sinbads and Night Riders. If it wasn't for 2 rows of Berk's machines, it would have been a disaster. Don't get me wrong, there were some really fantastic games in there too. The arcade games in the Free Play room were not much better. Tried to play Jungle King, no left or right movement from the joystick. Tried to play frogger, the joystick was garbage again. Many of those too were turned off. I don't see how the free play room is going to survive the crowds today and saturday. The arcade room(new room/old seminar room) had some more pinballs around the outer perimeter that seemed to be all in working order. There is two big rows of arcade games in there that no one was playing, well except for Jay Brand. I walked up to to a Super Punch Out, again, the joystick was all fucked up and half the movements didn't work. That was enough for me.
    The vendor's room, that is the crown jewel of the show. It was a real good mix of vendors and lot's of new games in there on Free Play. It was nice to see Mayfair Amusements there. Got to play Thunderbirds from Homepin, what a hunk of shit(Sorry @GAP). The flippers felt like I was playing something from a 70's Williams EM. The "accoutrements" on the playfield looked like cheap shit from China(it is cheap shit from China). A couple of vendors won't let you touch the machines unless you intend to buy, but hey, it's their investments.
    Overall the vibe seemed pretty damn cool. I got to play lots of pinball and buy a few needed parts for my $19 Groupon entry ticket. The tournaments were packed as usual. It was my only day/night free for Expo this year. I will be heading over to the Pinball Life Party in about an hour. I know there is good shit to play there and get to see if Jay Brand is sober. That will be my Expo weekend.

Agree on this as well. Lots of broken games...but I did see people actively working on them and trying to get them running again. So its not like the are down for the count the entire weekend. Still managed to find some stuff to play and enjoyed myself. Wanted to check out the vendor hall, but closed until this evening. I plan on going back with my son a little later so that he can check things out.

#1174 5 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Future thought, at our show we have a desk you can report broken games to where staff fill out a repair ticket and they get queued up for people to work on them and/or to notify the owner. This is super helpful for keeping the games on the floor running. Things break, no matter how much prep you do, but if you have a system in place for dealing with, you have a lot happier attendees (and happier game owners too, it's embarrassing to have your game on the floor broken!).

Agreed...As I found the broken stuff it was difficult to find someone to notify. Especially as the free play area started to fill up with people. Texting the number on the card is probably the best option at this point.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2018-reboot-wheeling-il?tu=TomN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.