Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,674 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For those that have attended the Expo Banquet before, what would you change?”

• Nothing 16 votes
      6%
    • Skip the fancy food, make it Burgers and Fries at a cheaper cost. 46 votes
      18%
    • Shorten the event, make it super cheap or free, and have no meal at all. 19 votes
      7%
    • I don't care about the banquet. 178 votes
      69%

(259 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_46311 (resized).jpg
    43BFFCCA-1 (resized).jpg
    pacak pickers (resized).png
    20181201_153948 (resized).jpg
    20181028_150630 (resized).jpg
    20181028_144801 (resized).jpg
    20181028_143202 (resized).jpg
    SteveRichieRum (resized).jpg
    20181019_184054 (resized).jpg
    20181018_125743 (resized).jpg
    20181020_194155 (resized).jpg
    20181020_231747 (resized).jpg
    20181017_193751 (resized).jpg
    20181020_161621 (resized).jpg
    20181018_180035 (resized).jpg
    20181020_144751 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomGWI.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#247 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Did you see the tournament list? Trent's normal tournament, a side game on Houdini and 5 not pinball tournaments. Not solely anymore.

Sounds more like an arcade show than a pinball show.

2 weeks later
    #524 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

David Fix i don't see that advertising campaign as a positive for *us*, the people that are classified as "pinheads". It's a positive for Berk, because it will raise his bottom line (more walk in money.) But for us, this type of thing sucks. It brings in people that only think about pinball one time a year. These types are hard on games, increase lines and congestion, don't understand the pinhead rules, and generally cause havoc.
    For example, at our show (Ann Arbor pinball show), we do not advertise to the public. We do not do interview requests with TV or radio station. We avoid all that, and only market to pinball people. It works for us. Why do we avoid the public? because they suck. They just cause issues. Unlike pinheads, who we adore.
    The classic example is if a game stops working mid-play. Say a slingshot locks on. Nearly every pinhead will reach down, and hit the power switch to shut it off, and go tell someone so it gets fixed. The public? They just walk away as the game explodes into a nasty smelly smokey mess.
    My personal opinion is that you need to make your show better for pinheads. You can always get more public there. That's stupidly simple (just do the things that you did above with advertising.) But that does not make your pinball show better! In fact, i think it makes your show worse. I suggest you work on making your show better for the pinheads, and all the other stuff will just fall into place. Also vendors hate the general public, as they don't buy any parts, etc like pinheads do.
    Remember, pinball is hard...

I recommend not sniffing the solder vapors when you do repairs.

#561 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

VFW really isn't a 'pinball show' as much more an 'open house for other pinheads'.

Sounds like an open house to me.

3 weeks later
    #930 5 years ago
    Quoted from indybru:

I just spoke to my neighbor that wants to go with his kids. He checked the schedule and saw a groupon for thursday $19.00 per ticket normally $30?
    We both exercised that option, I'm bring my wife who is less than thrilled to be going. Friday was maybe $5.00 off per ticket.
    Cheers.

Thanks just bought my Thursday ticket.

#1316 5 years ago

I went Thursday and had a really good time. I have been going to expo since 2009. Not as long as some but almost 10 years.
    I thought this years expo was good. I thought the vendor hall was great. Vendor hall definitely had more to offer than years past. Stern, JJP, American Pinball were well represented. Loved getting a chance to play KingPin, Mafia & Octoberfest. Lot of distributors had games. Many companies had great booths. Got to play Alice Cooper at Rob Anthony’s room.
    I was happy with the FreePlay areas. Thought the selection was good. Yes there were vids but there were 2 rooms not just one room like in past years. Thank you to everyone who took the effort to bring games.
    Looking forward to next year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomGWI.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2018-reboot-wheeling-il?tu=TomGWI and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.