Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,674 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For those that have attended the Expo Banquet before, what would you change?”

• Nothing 16 votes
      6%
    • Skip the fancy food, make it Burgers and Fries at a cheaper cost. 46 votes
      18%
    • Shorten the event, make it super cheap or free, and have no meal at all. 19 votes
      7%
    • I don't care about the banquet. 178 votes
      69%

(259 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_46311 (resized).jpg
    43BFFCCA-1 (resized).jpg
    pacak pickers (resized).png
    20181201_153948 (resized).jpg
    20181028_150630 (resized).jpg
    20181028_144801 (resized).jpg
    20181028_143202 (resized).jpg
    SteveRichieRum (resized).jpg
    20181019_184054 (resized).jpg
    20181018_125743 (resized).jpg
    20181020_194155 (resized).jpg
    20181020_231747 (resized).jpg
    20181017_193751 (resized).jpg
    20181020_161621 (resized).jpg
    20181018_180035 (resized).jpg
    20181020_144751 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrewNinja.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#356 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I plan on bringing games that will be for sale. Someone wants to buy one Friday and has to leave, should I charge them the 60 dollars or am I to pay. ?? Just a thought.

If you only have 1 game, then you pay. Because you got admission in exchange for that game (which is now no longer there). Think of it this way, if you didn't bring your game, you would have to pay to get in. If they pull it off, you didn't bring a game anymore. The real question is, if you bring multiple games, then what?

1 month later
    #996 5 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

So my wife and I want to go just on Friday and do the seminars, free play hall and vendor hall. From the EXPO website, it looks like we will each need a $60 ticket and a $30 ticket. Is that correct? $180 for the two of us seems pretty steep.

Yup. I thought the same thing. $30 for seminars? Seems a little high. IMHO. Especially when Im only interested in a couple.

#1220 5 years ago

I have to agree about the free play room. Too many (broken) EMs, not enough SS games. Lots of broken games overall. Some owners fixed their stuff pretty quick, but seemed like lots either didn't care, weren't there, or maybe couldn't get parts or something. Vendor area was pretty nice, but it would be nice to see more there. Not sure who brought the WW, but that was one of the more popular machines. I played a bunch of games on it, and always waited in line. At least I put up 2 GC scores....lol. thanks to whomever that was, love that game. Same with whomever always brings the whirlwind with the sub. That setup is awesome.

#1528 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

With the entry door on the 'front' hall and the high number of games to play in the main vendor hall (several free play banks, pin stadiums huge row, american pinball's bank, jjps bank, sterns setup, cgc) I think a good number of people never even went down the hall to the freeplay room.
    I know traffic in Rob's room was down, I've heard comments that the free play hall wasn't crowded at any point and every time I was in that hallway it seemed pretty barren.

I was there all day Friday. Most of the work hours the free play room was not too bad. But around 3, it got pretty busy. Between 3 and 6, it was annoying. Lines for most of the unbroken non-EM games. Everyone was waiting for the vendor hall to open. Had it been open, it would have been fine. I would have left earlier in the day if I didn't have to wait so long to make it into the vendor hall. Opening that late sucked for us day trippers.

I also didn't know about the "other" room until I was on my way out and walked down the hall to go to my car. Signage could have been WAY better.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrewNinja.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2018-reboot-wheeling-il?tu=BrewNinja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.