Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,674 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For those that have attended the Expo Banquet before, what would you change?”

• Nothing 16 votes
      6%
    • Skip the fancy food, make it Burgers and Fries at a cheaper cost. 46 votes
      18%
    • Shorten the event, make it super cheap or free, and have no meal at all. 19 votes
      7%
    • I don't care about the banquet. 178 votes
      69%

(259 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_46311 (resized).jpg
    43BFFCCA-1 (resized).jpg
    pacak pickers (resized).png
    20181201_153948 (resized).jpg
    20181028_150630 (resized).jpg
    20181028_144801 (resized).jpg
    20181028_143202 (resized).jpg
    SteveRichieRum (resized).jpg
    20181019_184054 (resized).jpg
    20181018_125743 (resized).jpg
    20181020_194155 (resized).jpg
    20181020_231747 (resized).jpg
    20181017_193751 (resized).jpg
    20181020_161621 (resized).jpg
    20181018_180035 (resized).jpg
    20181020_144751 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 34.
    #1251 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I've only been to Expo twice: this one and two years ago. There was no doubt this expo was better. Thank you to the organizers, volunteers, vendors, game bringers, and all who made this event happen.
    PS: I don't know a lot about Groupon, but couldn't a printed piece of paper be copied or passed around by multiple patrons? I don't blame them for not accepting them after hours. Perhaps they need to make that more clear on the Groupon page, but if I was in the shoes of the upset person, I wouldn't have assumed that piece of paper was an "event ticket". You exchange that peice of paper for your wristband at the registration table. If you can't make it until after hours, maybe email them in advance to ask if they could make some exception for you.

They’re like Ticketmaster each one has an unique code.

#1252 5 years ago

So, I'm still on the fence about coming to the Expo today being it's the last day. Is it worth my drive from the southwest suburbs and my time. Will machines be packed up early from the show floor throughout the day? Will a lot of them be broke down? I'm hearing mixed things...Decisions, decisions..What are others that have been to the Expo this year have to say about it that would entice me to come up to visit he show?

#1254 5 years ago
    Quoted from cdf12345:

Which is why I didn’t hesitate to purchase the groupon tickets. Especially after seeing and confirming on the website that daily passes are good until registration open the next day. There was no indication that I had to be at the expo before midnight to get a piece of paper for my wrist to get entry to an unattended game hall. Which when I peeked had people sleeping, drinking around machines and of course playing games. I wanted to play some damn pinball, I was treated like I was a menace to society. She saw I purchased tickets. I understand it’s not her job. While she was calling the cops she left the game hall and I personally counted at least a dozen people go in and out while the door was unattended.
    For her to say you can get a wristband at 8am was beyond infuriating.

Call BERK right now to discuss. PM me if you need his number. To be fair, it's posted on some of his machines in the hall.

#1255 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brandon:

What are others that have been to the Expo this year have to say about it that would entice me to come up to visit he show?

Babes/eye candy.

#1256 5 years ago
    Quoted from cdf12345:

She saw I purchased tickets. I understand it’s not her job. While she was calling the cops she left the game hall and I personally counted at least a dozen people go in and out while the door was unattended.
    For her to say you can get a wristband at 8am was beyond infuriating.

I would have walked in and started playing while she left to call the cops. I would have showed the cops the Groupon ticket and let them make the call.

#1257 5 years ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I would have walked in and started playing while she left to call the cops. I would have showed the cops the Groupon ticket and let them make the call.

Terrible advice.

#1258 5 years ago

This incident with the groupon would have never happened with me involved and should not have happened .. first off yes my people sold armbands all night. secondly if there were ever any problem any time my people called me even at 3 am if needed.. Someone i guess never told door people to do this.. sad WOw that police had to get involved in this..

#1259 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

This incident with the groupon would have never happened with me involved and should not have happened .. first off yes my people sold armbands all night. secondly if there were ever any problem any time my people called me even at 3 am if needed.. Someone i guess never told door people to do this.. sad WOw that police had to get involved in this..

True but a lot of shitty things did go down with you at the helm...

#1260 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I've only been to Expo twice: this one and two years ago. There was no doubt this expo was better. Thank you to the organizers, volunteers, vendors, game bringers, and all who made this event happen.
    PS: I don't know a lot about Groupon, but couldn't a printed piece of paper be copied or passed around by multiple patrons? I don't blame them for not accepting them after hours. Perhaps they need to make that more clear on the Groupon page, but if I was in the shoes of the upset person, I wouldn't have assumed that piece of paper was an "event ticket". You exchange that peice of paper for your wristband at the registration table. If you can't make it until after hours, maybe email them in advance to ask if they could make some exception for you.

Each ticket has a unique barcode, and groupon gives the vendors software to verify the code on each ticket is only used once. As I said before, many years in the past, myself or friends meeting me have arrived after midnight when registration has closed and there is always someone from the expo watching the game hall door, not a hired, outside security guard. They would also sell a wristband good for the free play room for the remainder of the night until the next morning’s registration booth opened around 7-8 am.

I guess we need to figure out ways this could have been handled better:

1. Have someone from expo staff the game hall door between midnight at X am each day until the registration booth opens. (I also had my friend who had a wristband look around the hall for anyone from the expo who could help us out and there was not a single person. And it’s worth noting, less than a half an hour before this at 3am someone was live streaming with Todd Tuckey in Stern’s Facebook page. I saw it on the ride in).
    https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/331154201022931/

2. If you absolutely dont want to sell wristbands after midnight at least allow hired security to distribute wristbands to prepaid ticket holders after the registration booth has closed.

3. Have someone representing the expo available nearby. The fact that you have a 24 hour room and the only person facing the public was a hired guard looking for a wristband and immediately called the local police on me because I had a ticket and not a wristband is beyond crazy.

4. Stop advertising a 24 hour free play room. It’s really a game room with after hours access, which you must arrive during the normal exhibit hours to receive access.

I’m angry, not entitled, but I’m bummed out because I missed one of my favorite events and felt shafted and then had the situation escalated by someone who isn’t even a part of the expo team, I’m mainly venting but I just don’t want this to happen to anyone else, or myself next year.

#1261 5 years ago

Security guard isn't equipped nor empowered to make such calls. They did what they were supposed to do when someone isn't compliant.

You made and assumption about redeeming your Groupon.... they didn't play out. But there is also some personal responsibility to acknowledge that buying tickets at 330am is not typical.

Sucks you don't have other times to go... but take the human approach, not the "i am owed" approach.

Groupon is a third party coupon.... stories of challenges redeeming go on for pages in all kinds of scenarios.

Either way... doesn't negate there is a registration/redemption process for the event beyond paying money. That wasn't available after hours... that is your true sole complaint.

#1262 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Thank you for verifying that your door guard(s) sold wrist bands after the registration desk was closed; Proving that cavalier88z24 is full of shit. Plus others have also mentioned that "after registration desk hours" cash wrist band sales have taken place. I know, as I have purchased them before.

#1263 5 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

Terrible advice.

Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

So the reason I even stepped in the room to begin with was to kinda gauge her response honestly, I really couldn’t tell if she was putting off a “look I’m trying to do my job, but I’m looking the other way thing.” Or I’m serious, I know you have a ticket but you have to wait until 8am. I directly questioned her, what would happen if I went ahead and went inside with just a ticket and not a wristband and just got my wristband at 8am when they opened and I just kept getting the same canned response “you can’t go in there”.

So when I said I went in. I literally look like maybe a dozen steps. Didn’t touch anything, and walked back to the door, because, I understand she there to do a job, but it was clear we had tickets , and just wanted to play pinball. Her response was to call the cops the second I walked back to the door (literally 10 second later) to go back to my friend.)

Legally, the cops probably would have sided with her I think. It’s a private venue,although I think they probably would have had to get the hotel management to kick me out. I wasn’t there to cause trouble. I just wanted to play pinball.

#1264 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Security guard isn't equipped nor empowered to make such calls. They did what they were supposed to do when someone isn't compliant.
    You made and assumption about redeeming your Groupon.... they didn't play out. But there is also some personal responsibility to acknowledge that buying tickets at 330am is not typical.
    Sucks you don't have other times to go... but take the human approach, not the "i am owed" approach.
    Groupon is a third party coupon.... stories of challenges redeeming go on for pages in all kinds of scenarios.
    Either way... doesn't negate there is a registration/redemption process for the event beyond paying money. That wasn't available after hours... that is your true sole complaint.

Well I wasn’t buying tickets, I already had tickets. No where was it stated that I had to exchange my prepaid tickets for magic wristbands while registration was open. Typically registration is for people buying tickets as they walk up. Now as I said, I’ve done this exact thing many years in the past and paid cash for tickets late into the morning without issue. The verbiage on the website, made no mention of any restriction and said daily passes , which I purchased, were valid until the next day. There is absolutely no mention of a requirement to get a wristband to obtain entry.

#1265 5 years ago

Also just for the record here are the instructions for the vouchers that I received.

0926D458-10F1-4923-8D0D-C3F0F465FF60 (resized).png0926D458-10F1-4923-8D0D-C3F0F465FF60 (resized).png
    #1266 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

But there is also some personal responsibility to acknowledge that buying tickets at 330am is not typical.

At a 24 hour, full-service Hotel with an event advertised/billed as having a 24hour free-play room, I would say it is typical. When I arrived at 1:30 am (2:30 am in my body clock as I drove in from the Eastern Time Zone), I was welcomed into the room with my payment in cash. My hotel room was reserved. Had I not arrived, I would have been charged for the night as the Expo room block rooms have a 3pm cancellation requirement the day prior to checking in. For my reservation that began on Wednesday this year, I needed to cancel by 3pm Tuesday otherwise I had to pay for the first night.

#1267 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Don't agree. She should have done something, like, call one of the organizers to find a solution for a paying customer.

#1268 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

He says this about whatever the current game is these days. He also said he can sell a box of lights.

Fully known, just inserted it for comic relief.

#1269 5 years ago

Oh yes, now for everyone's favorite pic series. North lot picture 10am. My theory on the lot being empty is fact expo booked all the event rooms at the hotel. So no weddings, Scrabble, or mahjongg tournies taking place to jam the lots. Heck, my hotel stay has been great with no one occupying the rooms near me for entire stay.

1540043687383-574799569 (resized).jpg1540043687383-574799569 (resized).jpg
    #1270 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Lets see I get blamed for expo being down last few years.. Berk for years brought hardly any games yet I brought many many rare games to include Big BANG Bar and King Pin when I owned them. This year Berk brings like 60 pins from his basement and moved in another 40 or so from others.. And hauled the vids from Galloping ghost .. Last year he brought 32 games and 16 were down for 3 days.. He put very little effort into expo for years and years.. I put my heart and sole into expo for 33 years yet I am banned from coming.. And yes I am pissed not seeing my pinball family of 33 years.. No reason at all..Yes he owns pinball expo name.. BUT in the agreement I had the right to do a show and he told me in writing and in person I could do a show at westin yet he took contract after he aqquired expo name.. ALL misleading. A court case is pending and I wanted to be heard before this years show however he has managed to stall every hearing since july... we will see hope to have show there next year with the MGC guys which was the pan for this year until taken away..As well my hercules came to show for years..gee no hercules .Bottom line if he had made any input or effort in past years as this together we could have made it greater.. not fair to me at all.. I greatly miss all my friends from expo MIKE PACAK

This years expo was so much better than last few years. Guess what is missing? The leader of the jerk squad that was always stressing the vendors, volunteers, attendees. Let that sink in. Your banned not because of what you have or contributed. It’s because of your attitude that was destroying a once great event.

#1271 5 years ago

There's a reason Expo has stayed the same size for 20 years while MGC has grown from a high school cafeteria to a massive convention center.

#1272 5 years ago

What are others that
    have been to the Expo this year have to say about it that would entice me to come up to visit he show?

The vendors area alone is simply awesome. Well worth it. I've gone the last 2 days. Cheers

#1273 5 years ago

I get why the guy was frustrated, but its not the cops fault...he/she was just doing their job...the guy should have called ahead to get details on wrist bands

#1274 5 years ago

If you say you are going to open 24 hours then doesn’t make sense to have someone or policies in place to ensure those that have paid can get entry. If the show didn’t want to honour the groupon during late hours it should have put restrictions on the purchase of that ticket in the fine print. Feel bad for the organizers as it is easy to criticize for missing this, but I think the organizers blew it on this one. What was the harm in taking the groupon and allowing them into the room. They travelled a long way, they bought a ticket, just for the sheer bad press I would have let them in. Worse they escalated the situation and called the cops without trying to defuse the situation themselves. Hate to say it but this type of behaviour was one of the reasons why I stopped going to the show and choose to go to others. I had hoped with new organizing group in place this kind of stuff would not happen.

#1275 5 years ago

Richie Wrench made an appearance last night.

20181019_214553 (resized).jpg20181019_214553 (resized).jpg20181019_215142 (resized).jpg20181019_215142 (resized).jpg20181019_215406 (resized).jpg20181019_215406 (resized).jpg20181019_215502 (resized).jpg20181019_215502 (resized).jpg20181019_215503 (resized).jpg20181019_215503 (resized).jpg20181019_222110 (resized).jpg20181019_222110 (resized).jpg20181019_223411 (resized).jpg20181019_223411 (resized).jpg20181019_223414 (resized).jpg20181019_223414 (resized).jpg20181019_224251 (resized).jpg20181019_224251 (resized).jpg20181019_225036 (resized).jpg20181019_225036 (resized).jpg
    #1276 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Thank you for verifying that your door guard(s) sold wrist bands after the registration desk was closed; Proving that cavalier88z24 is full of shit. Plus others have also mentioned that "after registration desk hours" cash wrist band sales have taken place. I know, as I have purchased them before.

the people never sold wrist bands AFTER registration hours at the free play hall. NEVER. been denied many times. had to wait til the registration desk was open for that days wrist band color. true

#1277 5 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

If you say you are going to open 24 hours then doesn’t make sense to have someone or policies in place to ensure those that have paid can get entry. If the show didn’t want to honour the groupon during late hours it should have put restrictions on the purchase of that ticket in the fine print. Feel bad for the organizers as it is easy to criticize for missing this, but I think the organizers blew it on this one. What was the harm in taking the groupon and allowing them into the room. They travelled a long way, they bought a ticket, just for the sheer bad press I would have let them in. Worse they escalated the situation and called the cops without trying to defuse the situation themselves. Hate to say it but this type of behaviour was one of the reasons why I stopped going to the show and choose to go to others. I had hoped with new organizing group in place this kind of stuff would not happen.

There has to be a better policy for security to follow beyond calling a disproportionate police response over.

I won't blame the security, she did what she was trained or instructed to do, or fell back to past training because she was told nothing different.

Seems all of this could be solved if someone was working in a customer relations role if the event is operating. Security had no way to deal with a groupon, so make sure someone there is. Calling cops with guns to deal with a groupon customer is crazy.

#1278 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I get why the guy was frustrated, but its not the cops fault...he/she was just doing their job...the guy should have called ahead to get details on wrist bands

You are making the assumption that the purchaser of the Groupon has been to Expo before and is aware of the wristband process. Which is a bad assumption when they are advertising heavily to the general public this year. The instructions on the Groupon are very clear. Based on the information on the Groupon there is no reason he shouldn't have been allowed access to the 24 hr hall. I also agree with others, that there should be an emergency contact number(Rob Berk perhaps) for the guard when there is a situation that the guard can't handle.

#1279 5 years ago

I'm sorry for the situation they went through, but this is normal for conventions/gatherings/etc. They only have 'registration' during certain times. If you don't make it during those times, you don't get in. Tickets or not. Been through this a few times myself. He was basically breaking the law when he tried to push the issue and step through the door. It was the guards responsibility to act because it would have been on them if they'd let him in and then games were destroyed and/or stolen. It also isn't fair to assume someone is going to man ticketing 24 hours (although it would be nice if that was possible).

The lesson learned here though is that whoever handles the groupon (or any ticketing) for it, needs to have them put on the registration hours.

#1280 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brandon:

So, I'm still on the fence about coming to the Expo today being it's the last day. Is it worth my drive from the southwest suburbs and my time. Will machines be packed up early from the show floor throughout the day? Will a lot of them be broke down? I'm hearing mixed things...Decisions, decisions..What are others that have been to the Expo this year have to say about it that would entice me to come up to visit he show?

The best part of the Expo is the games in the vendor hall. In my mind, they would have been sunk if the vendors didn't bring all of the newer games to be used in their exhibits. The 24hr free play area was weak. So, if you are going during the time the vendor hall is open, definitely go.

#1281 5 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

You are making the assumption that the purchaser of the Groupon has been to Expo before and is aware of the wristband process. Which is a bad assumption when they are advertising heavily to the general public this year. The instructions on the Groupon are very clear. Based on the information on the Groupon there is no reason he shouldn't have been allowed access to the 24 hr hall. I also agree with others, that there should be an emergency contact number(Rob Berk perhaps) for the guard when there is a situation that the guard can't handle.

Not making that assumption at all....my point is that its not the security guards fault as he/she was just doing their job. The operators should have the registration open 24 hours. Not sure whether the website says when registration is open or not....if not than it should

#1282 5 years ago

Totally agree the security is only doing what the organizers tell them to do. In any show you need supervisory coverage for the event, if your event is 24 hours then you need proper coverage. If you can’t do that then don’t do a 24 hour event. The organizers put the security team in a really tough position they didn’t train their staff to handle this particular situation and they did not have someone on site to try to support and defuse the situation. Hopefully there are some lessons learned here to fix the process. Hope the rest of the show goes without a hitch looks like a good time.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Not making that assumption at all....my point is that its not the security guards fault as he/she was just doing their job. The operators should have the registration open 24 hours. Not sure whether the website says when registration is open or not....if not than it should

#1284 5 years ago
    Quoted from cdf12345:

So the reason I even stepped in the room to begin with was to kinda gauge her response honestly, I really couldn’t tell if she was putting off a “look I’m trying to do my job, but I’m looking the other way thing.” Or I’m serious, I know you have a ticket but you have to wait until 8am. I directly questioned her, what would happen if I went ahead and went inside with just a ticket and not a wristband and just got my wristband at 8am when they opened and I just kept getting the same canned response “you can’t go in there”.
    So when I said I went in. I literally look like maybe a dozen steps. Didn’t touch anything, and walked back to the door, because, I understand she there to do a job, but it was clear we had tickets , and just wanted to play pinball. Her response was to call the cops the second I walked back to the door (literally 10 second later) to go back to my friend.)
    Legally, the cops probably would have sided with her I think. It’s a private venue,although I think they probably would have had to get the hotel management to kick me out. I wasn’t there to cause trouble. I just wanted to play pinball.

I feel bad that you weren’t able to get in and agree the show organizers should have anticipated this Groupon ticket issue. However, the moment you effectively challenge the security guard and physically move into an area you have been told not to and say “what will happen if I do this” you more or less give up your moral position. Situations like this at 330am can quickly escalate to violence, so I’m not surprised she called the police, you shouldn’t be either.

#1285 5 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

the people never sold wrist bands AFTER registration hours at the free play hall. NEVER. been denied many times. had to wait til the registration desk was open for that days wrist band color. true

So, you're saying the posters, including myself and one of the former organizers are lying in posts 1242, 1243 and 1258. Got it.
    Maybe the door guy was pocketing the money but I got my wrist band that year as I didn't want to buy the full admission packages.

#1286 5 years ago

Don't think 24h is super weak. Wh20, totan, IJ, pinball magic, Houdini, appolo 13, transformers, and a bunch of B lister dot matrix. I'm happy with it.

#1287 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

So, you're saying the posters, including myself and one of the former organizers are lying in posts 1242, 1243 and 1258. Got it.
    Maybe the door guy was pocketing the money but I got my wrist band that year as I didn't want to buy the full admission packages.

honestly in years past because I live in wisconsin. I would have a girl friend drive down after work straight to the hotel and if i didn't get a wrist band in time, she wouldnt be able to get her in the free play hall. I can remember 2 years of all the years I've been going that happened.

#1288 5 years ago

I think the free play room is good. Nice mix of all eras. Too many games off or not working, though.....

#1289 5 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

honestly in years past because I live in wisconsin. I would have a girl friend drive down after work straight to the hotel and if i didn't get a wrist band in time, she wouldnt be able to get her in the free play hall. I can remember 2 years of all the years I've been going that happened.

I never had to get wristbands after hours, but I remember going into the game room in the middle of the night, and seeing the guard (who never seemed to sleep) sitting at a table, yawning, with a lock box in front of him

#1290 5 years ago

Getting ready to head home. I think the show was great! The people working the registration table were very friendly. The vendor hall was full of new games. I wish CoinTaker and Marcos had been there, but I was able to get all the parts I needed at PBL’s open house. Loved the new MBr, definitely see that in my future!

The only game I didn’t get a chance to play was Octoberfest. The wait time/lines for it last night were really long mainly due to long ball times.

An interesting surprise was getting to play the Pong coffee table. It’s neat but kinda hard to justify the $3k price. I’d rather put that toward my next pin.

I agree that the free play room had the “grandparent’s basement” odor, but with a bunch of 30+ year old games in one smaller room that’s probably to be expected. Thanks to everyone who brought games and maintained them during the show! I’m sure that’s no easy task when they are running and getting played 24/7.

53CFA834-5F37-456D-91DE-21CFFBDD6B3D (resized).jpeg53CFA834-5F37-456D-91DE-21CFFBDD6B3D (resized).jpegCCEA826C-DB4A-4775-8FE7-75C6D3C1198F (resized).jpegCCEA826C-DB4A-4775-8FE7-75C6D3C1198F (resized).jpeg
    #1291 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Glad you enjoyed totan, I've have had a bunch of people come up to me to thank me for bringing it. It's the comments like that which keep me bringing games to shows. The people that bitch on here is what keeps some from doing it.

There is a difference between bitching and the truth. There are some shit machines there just so someone can get a wristband for the 4 days.

Quoted from Tilt:

Tired of people complaining about some of the games that go down. Yes there are some poor quality games. But seems many forget that the games are going to be on for over 70 hours straight. I bet most of those that bitch have never had a game on that long, things happen, pinballs break.

I have 3 pins and 3 arcades that are on for 11 hours a day, 5 days a week, and 6 hours on Saturdays at my shop. Shit happens, but these machines were built to withstand that kind of use, even in horseshit environments.

Quoted from Tilt:

Lastly, I truly appreciate those that call to say an issue about a game. Between the twelve games I've got here, I've had around a dozen or so balls trapped, when I get a call, I'm usually there within minutes. But I only have had about six calls to tell me. If you have something happen while playing one of my games, I do appreciate you shutting it off, but please go one step further and call or text, this way I can take care of it.

Absolutely. Cant get them fixed quickly if the owners don't know about it. Different story if the owner(s) just don't care about it.

#1292 5 years ago

So, not to break up the complaining about the wristbands, but I was curious if anybody had a write-up of sorts of what went on? I would have loved to see Pat's seminar or some of the new stuff discussed. I've seen the Oktoberfest and MBr games, but there was a lot more going on -

#1293 5 years ago

See www.pinballnews.com

#1294 5 years ago

Just had awesome lunch at superdawg. Best part is 20% got donated to juvenille diabetes research. If youre still around its a left out of lot and straight like a mile on left side. Great food, great cause!

DD7B580F-B3CD-4984-9B99-7D4B19F67DC8 (resized).jpegDD7B580F-B3CD-4984-9B99-7D4B19F67DC8 (resized).jpeg
    #1295 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Just had awesome lunch at superdawg. Best part is 20% got donated to juvenille diabetes research. If youre still around its a left out of lot and straight like a mile on left side. Great food, great cause![quoted image]

Needs more sport peppers.. make sure to get a shake to go with it and head to Lou malnattis directly after for a sausage deep dish.. I’m pretty sure this is why the free play area was so “musty”

#1296 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Just had awesome lunch at superdawg.

That looks great. Now I'm hungry.

#1297 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Just had awesome lunch at superdawg. Best part is 20% got donated to juvenille diabetes research. If youre still around its a left out of lot and straight like a mile on left side. Great food, great cause![quoted image]

Ummm.. Where's the ketchup????

#1298 5 years ago

145pm. South lot full as expected due to high winds. North side still barren. Semi really stuck now.

1020181340 (resized).jpg1020181340 (resized).jpg
    #1299 5 years ago

The gal at the freeplay room was a bit snarky, but the microcop was real nice. I don’t know why she didn’t just call him. I commited to buy one of the machines in the freeplay room, but left it for the seller to bring back to St. Louis. I had to leave to get back to work.I was impressed with the row of machines on the back wall, Mati Hari, Waterworld, and the hockey themed pin, I don’t remember the name. (Geordie Howe?)

#1300 5 years ago

There will be plenty of reviews on here of the show so I’ll be brief. The show was great, and definitely worth attending.. lots of fun, sessions were great, homebrew community was well represented, really enjoyed talking to vendors and seeing all the cool products.

My only criticism is, the vendor hall didn’t open until 6pm on Friday. I don’t know if there was something else going on in there or not (didn’t seem like it). Next year, the vendor hall should be opened a lot earlier if possible. Give vendors more time to sell stuff otherwise they will focus time and energy on other shows.

Thanks to Rob Berk for bringing tons of games from his collection, and all the others that shared their games with us.

There are 1,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2018-reboot-wheeling-il/page/26?hl=tmntrule999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.