Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,674 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For those that have attended the Expo Banquet before, what would you change?”

• Nothing 16 votes
      6%
    • Skip the fancy food, make it Burgers and Fries at a cheaper cost. 46 votes
      18%
    • Shorten the event, make it super cheap or free, and have no meal at all. 19 votes
      7%
    • I don't care about the banquet. 178 votes
      69%

(259 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_46311 (resized).jpg
    43BFFCCA-1 (resized).jpg
    pacak pickers (resized).png
    20181201_153948 (resized).jpg
    20181028_150630 (resized).jpg
    20181028_144801 (resized).jpg
    20181028_143202 (resized).jpg
    SteveRichieRum (resized).jpg
    20181019_184054 (resized).jpg
    20181018_125743 (resized).jpg
    20181020_194155 (resized).jpg
    20181020_231747 (resized).jpg
    20181017_193751 (resized).jpg
    20181020_161621 (resized).jpg
    20181018_180035 (resized).jpg
    20181020_144751 (resized).jpg

There are 1,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 34.
    #951 5 years ago

Can someone take Vid up on his offer to do some Janka testing on your playfield? (yes, this one's begging for good comebacks)

Come on, let's do some science!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpeel/page/2#post-4637052

Quoted from vid1900:

Not yet.
    The ONLY real way to test wood hardness is with a Janka testing rig.
    No other testing has been adopted by the luthier or lumber industries.
    I've offered to bring a Janka to Expo and test some of these "no dimple" playfields, but people would rather argue than do hard science.

#952 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

corrected: blowjob, wife swap translite

Yabba dabba doo!

#953 5 years ago

Getting real now. Vendor map is up - http://pinballexpo.com/forms/ExpoFloorLayoutA.pdf

LTG : )

#954 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Getting real now. Vendor map is up - http://pinballexpo.com/forms/ExpoFloorLayoutA.pdf

Interesting. It looks like they changed things around this year and moved the entrance.

#955 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

It looks like they changed things around this year and moved the entrance.

Changed a lot. Last year Chicago Gaming was kind of across and down the row from Jersey Jack Pinball. So I'll be running back and forth from Jersey Jack Pinball, Pinport, Chicago Gaming. And visit with my friends at American Pinball, Pincades, Back Alley, and say hi to Doug and company at Stern.

I'm going to lose weight this year, not be able to sit in one spot and see everything.

LTG : (

#956 5 years ago

Thanks been waiting for the map.

#957 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Changed a lot. Last year Chicago Gaming was kind of across and down the row from Jersey Jack Pinball. So I'll be running back and forth from Jersey Jack Pinball, Pinport, Chicago Gaming. And visit with my friends at American Pinball, Pincades, Back Alley, and say hi to Doug and company at Stern.
    I'm going to lose weight this year, not be able to sit in one spot and see everything.
    LTG : (

I think a lot of people will get the 10,000 steps in each day. !!! I look forward to it

#958 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I think a lot of people will get the 10,000 steps in each day.

Not me. I'm renting one of those carts so I can mow people over or chase them.

Expo here I come !

#959 5 years ago

Map looks good to me...looking forward to setting up...not looking forward to dealing with tsa.

#960 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Map looks good to me...looking forward to setting up...not looking forward to dealing with tsa.

What are all those wires and blinking lights for???

#961 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What are all those wires and blinking lights for???

Lol...we are checking a few bags, I'm more worried about those. Tsa can open them and do whatever. At least what we take on the plane we can can explain to someone. We always get flagged. We didn't have time to ship anything as we just did the York show this past weekend.

#962 5 years ago

Wanted to bring this up, will we still need to move the games on Thursday (free play room)?

#963 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not me. I'm renting one of those carts so I can mow people over or chase them.
    Expo here I come !

lloyd, are you going to have a little dog in the front mounted basket?

#964 5 years ago

If anyone in the Chicago area is around and wants to do dinner tonight, send me a PM. I am here in town for EXPO but no plans this evening, would love to get together with local pinball people.

#965 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Looking at that map means Freeplay games in with the vendor area. Should make for an interesting Freeplay room 24hour open schedule.

#966 5 years ago

I didnt think we would be heading to 10 degree warmer weather in Chicago from San Antonio. Crazy.

#967 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

If anyone in the Chicago area is around and wants to do dinner tonight, send me a PM. I am here in town for EXPO but no plans this evening, would love to get together with local pinball people.

Check out the tournament at Brixies tonight.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brixies-monthly-pinball-tournament/page/5#post-4637393

2 blocks away from the Galloping Ghost Arcade.

#968 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not me. I'm renting one of those carts so I can mow people over or chase them

This should work perfectly!

Big+Chicken+Barstool+Racer (resized).jpgBig+Chicken+Barstool+Racer (resized).jpg
    #970 5 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

This should work perfectly! [quoted image]

go green man!

#971 5 years ago

Fair enough. Here's an electric one.

DSC00611crop (resized).JPGDSC00611crop (resized).JPG
    #972 5 years ago

Nice advertisement

IMG950315 (resized).jpgIMG950315 (resized).jpg
    #973 5 years ago

Pinside meet and greet?

Good places to go around the hotel? Didn't know freeplay started at 6pm on Thursday.

#975 5 years ago

HAVE A DRINK ON ME! Actually yes, I got a beer for ya.

#976 5 years ago

Bought 72 beers today. That's not enough.

#977 5 years ago
    41 (resized).jpg41 (resized).jpg
    #978 5 years ago

EXPO !!!! load in TODAY

#980 5 years ago

Small chance exists that I’ll be able to make Expo on Saturday. Anyone know of decent room rates in the area of expo or if someone has a room at the Westin they no longer need?

#981 5 years ago

Top Score Gamerooms on our way with 11 games for free play.

20181017_074302 (resized).jpg20181017_074302 (resized).jpg
    #982 5 years ago
    Quoted from bbaker2824:

[quoted image]

Thanks to everyone bringing games for freeplay!

#983 5 years ago
    Quoted from bbaker2824:

[quoted image]

Talk about Happy Road Trip Faces!!!

#984 5 years ago

If you'll be at Expo and headed over to Superdawg Drive-In (planned or not), please be sure to take a flyer so 20% of your purchase will go to Team G for JDRF. Superdawg is listed in the 1,000 Places to See Before You Die travel book and a Chicago staple. The flyers should be available tonight at the info table in the hallway and throughout the show. Thanks!

Brad

sd_jdrf.jpgsd_jdrf.jpg
    #985 5 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

If you'll be at Expo and headed over to Superdawg Drive-In (planned or not), please be sure to take a flyer so 20% of your purchase will go to Team G for JDRF. Superdawg is listed in the 1,000 Places to See Before You Die travel book and a Chicago staple. The flyers should be available tonight at the info table in the hallway and throughout the show. Thanks!
    Brad[quoted image]

I hadn't planned on it, but I definitely will now!!!

#986 5 years ago

After a long 13 hour drive we are at the hotel and ready for Expo! Going to be a great time!

#987 5 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Brad[quoted image]

Great idea Brad!! Thank you

#988 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

I hadn't planned on it, but I definitely will now!!!

That is great to hear! I might be a bit biased, but let me say great people and food. And pictures speak a thousand words.

Brad
    Superdawg.jpgSuperdawg.jpg

#989 5 years ago

Super dawg rules! Add in the jdrf and it’s a no brainer. We’ll be there Friday.

0975B98B-F21D-494F-B482-7749A5A586DC (resized).jpeg0975B98B-F21D-494F-B482-7749A5A586DC (resized).jpeg
    #990 5 years ago

So, is the Stern-o-Rama on Saturday night counted as a "seminar"? Is there a charge for attending this other than the $35 daily free-play fee? I only ask because I am not able to attend all week this year, only Saturday. I'm already disappointed the free-play shuts down at midnight on Saturday night (should be 2 or 3am Sunday).

#991 5 years ago

Wow. At expo and free play is going to be incredible. Already lots of games

#992 5 years ago

So my wife and I want to go just on Friday and do the seminars, free play hall and vendor hall. From the EXPO website, it looks like we will each need a $60 ticket and a $30 ticket. Is that correct? $180 for the two of us seems pretty steep.

#993 5 years ago
    Quoted from bbaker2824:

Wow. At expo and free play is going to be incredible. Already lots of games

He says with no pictures. For shame.

I know a big batch of John's EMs are being brought this year again.

#994 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

He says with no pictures. For shame.

We havent started unloading ours yet

20181017_105955 (resized).jpg20181017_105955 (resized).jpg
    #995 5 years ago

Any one have pics of CGC booth?

#996 5 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

So my wife and I want to go just on Friday and do the seminars, free play hall and vendor hall. From the EXPO website, it looks like we will each need a $60 ticket and a $30 ticket. Is that correct? $180 for the two of us seems pretty steep.

Yup. I thought the same thing. $30 for seminars? Seems a little high. IMHO. Especially when Im only interested in a couple.

#997 5 years ago

Charging separately for seminars definitely seems to be an antiquated show model.

#998 5 years ago

Everyone attending expo, have an awesome and wonderful time. Take many pictures, many videos & enjoy your pinball hobby.

#999 5 years ago
    Quoted from bbaker2824:

We havent started unloading ours yet [quoted image]

The show already has Spirit, awesome!

Brad

#1000 5 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

Everyone attending expo, have an awesome and wonderful time. Take many pictures, many videos & enjoy your pinball hobby.

I second this! Don't forget, a bunch of us have to live vicariously through you guys and gals! Looking forward to seeing pics and hearing details.

There are 1,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2018-reboot-wheeling-il/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.