6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 904 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by GAP
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For those that have attended the Expo Banquet before, what would you change?”

• Nothing 12 votes
      5%
    • Skip the fancy food, make it Burgers and Fries at a cheaper cost. 36 votes
      16%
    • Shorten the event, make it super cheap or free, and have no meal at all. 14 votes
      6%
    • I don't care about the banquet. 158 votes
      72%

(220 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 77 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GAP 10 14 18 post (resized).PNG
    20181014_204410 (resized).jpg
    20181014_204504 (resized).jpg
    20181014_152538 (resized).jpg
    20181014_203853 (resized).jpg
    20181014_210506 (resized).jpg
    20181014_210433 (resized).jpg
    20181014_210415 (resized).jpg
    20181014_210440 (resized).jpg
    53e5339a9b1e228549e7ac31_history-of-red-carpet-ss04 (resized).jpg
    F8DB7DE6-7E8B-4FD9-B138-20051F39E870 (resized).jpeg
    15394302041258436815998658009431 (resized).jpg
    ed2e92165e3c59dbc3784c0e3d9014bd--harlem-nights-humor-cristiano (resized).jpg
    9cc5bc8542d0a92f54070d8fe5ee9f5401fa84b2 (resized).jpg
    ExpoMugs (resized).JPG
    Faces-01 (1) (resized).jpg

There are 910 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 19.
    #851 3 days ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

The ghost is bringing arcade games to make the room full. It's a great arcade, just not good on pins.

The Galloping Ghost Arcade will soon be great with pinball. Maybe they will make an announcement at Expo.....

#852 3 days ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

The ghost is bringing arcade games to make the room full. It's a great arcade, just not good on pins.

Thats soon to change, Doc has been getting several pins from me lately to do something special with pins

#853 3 days ago

So the Chicago PHOF is a teamup betwen pinballcompany and galloping ghost? Hopefully they'll get a new location.

/WILD SPECULATION

#854 3 days ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I have tried to work things out BERK has refused to talk ever since last november when he decided he wanted me out NEVER would talk we talked once after he got lawyer involved YES I was to have show with mgp guys BUT after I cashed a check from BERK after he SAID many times and posted everywhere he was not having a show at westin he took the westin contract.. I would have never sold out without that contract whic he point blank told everyone and me in texts I could do my oun show at westin we have been supposed to go to court for moths but he postpones it every time we ill get there someday and i believe i will be back at westin next year ...and even worce he has banned me from my friends of 33 years alll bullshit

Well, first of all, if there is pending litigation where Berk has a lawyer involved, of course he isn't going to talk to you.

Secondly, you continue to talk about this contract you signed with Berk. Why don't you post the details of this agreement that you signed with Berk? My guess is that you and Berk had discussed some things for a break up, Berk had an agreement drawn up that you signed without a thorough review. After Berk took over the Westin, you realized the agreement differs from your memory of the discussions, hence the lawyers, expo ban, etc. Again, speculation on my part, but seems like it may be a reasonable conclusion.

#855 3 days ago

PINBALL EXPO WILL KICK OFF IN 5 DAYS 4 HOURS AND 29 SECONDS

Faces-01 (1) (resized).jpg

#856 3 days ago

Custom Pinball and homebrew is a small group of us that wanted our games together and the show was kind enough to give us our own location to setup. We are trying to make it the best display within our means. It’s a software and hardware mix. A good place to chat with us and others about building a game and why each of us took a separate approach. Nothing for sale but all games will be playable. Not all are done but still fun to play. During vender hall hours I’m certain one of us will be around. But the games are open to play if we are not. Ghost in the shell got 350 plays at MGC let’s see if we can beat that!

#857 3 days ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Well, first of all, if there is pending litigation where Berk has a lawyer involved, of course he isn't going to talk to you.
    Secondly, you continue to talk about this contract you signed with Berk. Why don't you post the details of this agreement that you signed with Berk? My guess is that you and Berk had discussed some things for a break up, Berk had an agreement drawn up that you signed without a thorough review. After Berk took over the Westin, you realized the agreement differs from your memory of the discussions, hence the lawyers, expo ban, etc. Again, speculation on my part, but seems like it may be a reasonable conclusion.

My thoughts exactly. He has better lawyers than you. His told him to shut up and he listened. Did you even hire one? I’m sure they would not be happy with your continual banter here.

#858 3 days ago
    Quoted from PINTEC:

PINBALL EXPO WILL KICK OFF IN 5 DAYS 4 HOURS AND 29 SECONDS
    [quoted image]

I think u may have eaten the LSD a lottle too early?

#859 3 days ago

Since I have to rent a trailer, I'm debating bringin Breakshot too. It plays great, just no sound. I'd be bringin it to get it fixed, not setting it up on floor like some jagweeds that bring broken shit for a free pass. Think I will. Set it up in room till we fix her.

#860 3 days ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

My thoughts exactly. He has better lawyers than you. His told him to shut up and he listened. Did you even hire one? I’m sure they would not be happy with your continual banter here.

Not even a good Lawyer can beat a Breach of oral contract charge. Problem is the "He said-she said" issue. It depends if one party chooses to lie to a Judge or Jury. Then there is the "Knock-Out" rule. This is where Lawyers earn their fee...

#861 3 days ago
    Quoted from MRG:

The Galloping Ghost Arcade will soon be great with pinball. Maybe they will make an announcement at Expo.....

and how much staff will they have to keep up as pin's in place like can be played a lot + lot's of kids who start 4 player game and just walk away.

#862 3 days ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Since I have to rent a trailer, I'm debating bringin Breakshot too. It plays great, just no sound. I'd be bringin it to get it fixed, not setting it up on floor like some jagweeds that bring broken shit for a free pass. Think I will. Set it up in room till we fix her.

gryszzz
    Hey asshole, you might want to check on a few things though, I dont think that there is anyone there that can fix Capcom boards on site. I do know that Rob was talking to me about bringing up his breakshot, as he was going to part it out to make a Capcom test fixture

see you next week buddy

#863 3 days ago

Well let's get with Rob and get my Breakshot goin then buddy. What's he want for that?

#864 2 days ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Custom Pinball and homebrew is a small group of us that wanted our games together and the show was kind enough to give us our own location to setup. We are trying to make it the best display within our means. It’s a software and hardware mix. A good place to chat with us and others about building a game and why each of us took a separate approach. Nothing for sale but all games will be playable. Not all are done but still fun to play. During vender hall hours I’m certain one of us will be around. But the games are open to play if we are not. Ghost in the shell got 350 plays at MGC let’s see if we can beat that!

I somehow managed to miss out on playing GitS at MGC. I hope to correct that mistake at Expo! Glad you guys were able to get a nice spot to set-up. The stuff you are doing is pretty amazing!

#865 2 days ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

robcraig
    If I bring 7 pins, and sell 1 or 2, is there a penalty? Since benefits stop after 4 machines. Need to know, because that might mean I have to maybe leave the extras on the trailer. But I assume you would want to have all the games you can get

Benefits after 4 games don't stop. Expo starts paying $$$ because it gets silly giving more armbands. If you bring a few people, you'll need the armbands. But if you bring 10 games and 4 people, you wouldn't need those extra armbands anyway.

Stats I have from years past show that only a smaller number of people will be bringing more than 4 games, just a few over 9. I assure you and everyone else that we will handle situations like that on a case by case basis and it will always be in the best interest of having games at the show for people to play. If you sell a few games on Thursday, please encourage your buyers to leave the games in the hall. If they pull a game out early, there should be some part of compensation that also leaves early. There could be a point where someone that is spinning a dozen games in the 24 Hour Gameroom and they start to look like a vendor .... and then should have probably been a vendor. But if they stay there until late Saturday or Sunday morning, no one that came to the show to play games would notice any games missing. That's one goal. The other is to encourage buying, selling, and trading of games and leaving them on the floor until the end of the show. What we absolutely DON'T want is what has been happening at Allentown where games start evaporating off the floor as they are selling. That is a problem there and can be everywhere else.

Short answer - bring all you want and we'll make it work out fairly for you and any buyers too.

-Rob Craig

#866 2 days ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

blah blah, just be quiet. You are apparently banned from the show. Its a public hotel though so if you really wanted to see your friends you could, just not in the expo controlled areas.

5 downvotes? you don't want him to see his friends, you guys are cruel.

#867 2 days ago

That approach seems odd if you are looking to bring random public in. If I just paid $5-9k on a machine on Friday, I'm not sure I'd want it being banged up over the rest of the weekend....if anything I would think it would deter people from buying until Sunday.

#868 2 days ago
    Quoted from RobCraig:

Benefits after 4 games don't stop. Expo starts paying $$$ because it gets silly giving more armbands. If you bring a few people, you'll need the armbands. But if you bring 10 games and 4 people, you wouldn't need those extra armbands anyway.
    Stats I have from years past show that only a smaller number of people will be bringing more than 4 games, just a few over 9. I assure you and everyone else that we will handle situations like that on a case by case basis and it will always be in the best interest of having games at the show for people to play. If you sell a few games on Thursday, please encourage your buyers to leave the games in the hall. If they pull a game out early, there should be some part of compensation that also leaves early. There could be a point where someone that is spinning a dozen games in the 24 Hour Gameroom and they start to look like a vendor .... and then should have probably been a vendor. But if they stay there until late Saturday or Sunday morning, no one that came to the show to play games would notice any games missing. That's one goal. The other is to encourage buying, selling, and trading of games and leaving them on the floor until the end of the show. What we absolutely DON'T want is what has been happening at Allentown where games start evaporating off the floor as they are selling. That is a problem there and can be everywhere else.
    Short answer - bring all you want and we'll make it work out fairly for you and any buyers too.
    -Rob Craig

Long explanation short: In a nutshell you Purchase 1 armband for the price of two and you'll get the second one FREE!

#869 2 days ago
    Quoted from RobCraig:

Benefits after 4 games don't stop. Expo starts paying $$$

That should act as a great incentive for people to bring games. Bring in your collection and pick up some cash. It could be very profitable for those of you with large collections.

#870 2 days ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I somehow managed to miss out on playing GitS at MGC. I hope to correct that mistake at Expo! Glad you guys were able to get a nice spot to set-up. The stuff you are doing is pretty amazing!

Awesome. And thanks. I have made a good handful of improvements. It will be playing Alyssa better than at MGC.

#871 2 days ago

Expo or bust.

LTG : )

ExpoMugs (resized).JPG
    #872 2 days ago

Swap meet in Texas is fun.it would be fun to have a lot swap meet in chicago if possible

#873 2 days ago

Expo is less than a week away!!

#874 2 days ago
    Quoted from pinballwizard878:

That should act as a great incentive for people to bring games. Bring in your collection and pick up some cash. It could be very profitable for those of you with large collections.

Rob said $$$, but $10 a game is not much of an incentive, besides the work to break down a machine, take it to a show, set it up, and more than likely break it down again, The work alone isn't worth $10. Not factor in that your game will be on for 72 hours straight, with 10 games, something is bound to go wrong and cost more than what you made on all the games to repair

9cc5bc8542d0a92f54070d8fe5ee9f5401fa84b2 (resized).jpg
    #875 2 days ago

There has to be some point where un-exercised 'Expo-Cash' can be redeemed for in-house happy endings, being we have TA coming in for a show and smell on how to have success on 10 million dime (bags) of LV energy. Small time players can bring in a few games, and wish their friends like redemption tickets good luck on the toy to be pulled down on the skeeball wall, but they collectively choose the massage the one guy gets. BTW, on the 'matrix' of happy endings rewards cash, 16 to 20+ should just read 16+... seriously 16 to 20+ ?!?

#876 2 days ago
    Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

There has to be some point where un-exercised 'Expo-Cash' can be redeemed for in-house happy endings, being we have TA coming in for a show and smell on how to have success on 10 million dime (bags) of LV energy. Small time players can bring in a few games, and wish their friends like redemption tickets good luck on the toy to be pulled down on the skeeball wall, but they collectively choose the massage the one guy gets. BTW, on the 'matrix' of happy endings rewards cash, 16 to 20+ should just read 16+... seriously 16 to 20+ ?!?

Might be the greatest Pinside post ever.

#877 2 days ago

There has to be some point where un-exercised 'Expo-Cash' can be redeemed for in-house happy endings

#878 2 days ago

Troy is that really a graph up there?

#879 2 days ago

Lemmy put my good eye on it.
    ed2e92165e3c59dbc3784c0e3d9014bd--harlem-nights-humor-cristiano (resized).jpg
    Looks like a graph.

#880 2 days ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Troy is that really a graph up there?

its on the expo site somewhere

#881 2 days ago

GRAPHS AND GIRAFFES ARE RUININ MY LIFE.
    All will be well in a week.

#882 2 days ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

GRAPHS AND GIRAFFES ARE RUININ MY LIFE.
    All will be well in a week.

You are completely wrong, exactly a week from now, we will be far from well. Im just hoping we can still stand brother

#883 2 days ago

If you bring 20 games to Expo, you get a complimentary legal first name change to "Rob".

We are Rob.

#884 2 days ago

Rob.... as in Robert Paulson?

#885 2 days ago

His name is Robert Paulson....

#886 1 day ago

Prepping games for free play room. Going to be great!

15394302041258436815998658009431 (resized).jpg
    #888 1 day ago

... and a really nice example. Fun game.

#889 1 day ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

Rob said $$$, but $10 a game is not much of an incentive, besides the work to break down a machine, take it to a show, set it up, and more than likely break it down again, The work alone isn't worth $10. Not factor in that your game will be on for 72 hours straight, with 10 games, something is bound to go wrong and cost more than what you made on all the games to repair
    [quoted image]

Youre getting way more than 10 per game. Honestly if youre bringing games with the main point to sell, youre a retailer and should support expo by getting a booth like the other retailers. Then you don't have to worry about the "penalties" and people still get to enjoy the games you bring. Win win win.

#890 1 day ago

Not much better than a body massage plus the free table shower service at Hawaii Massage wellness center next to Tim's PHoF. Mention that PHoF sent you (or show popcorn bag) and you get 20% off. Airfare or 1840 mile drive from Expo is not included.

#891 1 day ago

Hi everyone,

We will be a vendor at expo for the first time and are looking forward to it. Because of the distance to travel, we are limited in what and how much inventory we can bring. We’d like to offer a pre-show sale so that we can ensure we have what you might want. If you place your order before the show, we will ensure we have your order available for pick up at the show. All our mods, including our most recent for Deadpool and Iron Maiden are eligible. Only backbox mods do not qualify given their size.

Please contact us for a special one time use discount coupon code if you would like to pre-order.

Lermods.com

#892 1 day ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

That approach seems odd if you are looking to bring random public in. If I just paid $5-9k on a machine on Friday, I'm not sure I'd want it being banged up over the rest of the weekend....if anything I would think it would deter people from buying until Sunday.

Maybe buying until Saturday since Sunday is load out day. But that is commerce at pinball shows with gamerooms. And while there will be some people wanting to sell games in that price range, I suspect it to be the exception rather than the norm. Newer games will likely be sold from vendors. Buy from a vendor, pay their price, walk out with your game whenever you like. Vendors paid the price for a table / booth space, they sell product, buyers walk away. Done.

#893 1 day ago
    Quoted from pontscot455:

Swap meet in Texas is fun.it would be fun to have a lot swap meet in chicago if possible

We can't make this happen at the Westin. I pitched the idea, we talked to hotel staff, and they said no. Once the Westin contract is over - I hope another venue will allow it and it will be a priority with Rob Berk. He has this in mind moving forward.

#894 1 day ago
    Quoted from RobCraig:

We can't make this happen at the Westin. I pitched the idea, we talked to hotel staff, and they said no.

No room in the parking lot at all for such a swap meet. Let alone the staff highly dislikes transfering games on the carpet which makes for a fun time in the galley halls.

#895 1 day ago

Looks like it’s going to be a great show!

#896 19 hours ago

I'm bringing a game to Expo for the free play hall on Thursday. Do I need to provide my own hand truck?

#897 18 hours ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I'm bringing a game to Expo for the free play hall on Thursday. Do I need to provide my own hand truck?

I've volunteered years past helping unloading games and we had carts to help there.

#898 16 hours ago
    Quoted from RobCraig:

We can't make this happen at the Westin. I pitched the idea, we talked to hotel staff, and they said no. Once the Westin contract is over - I hope another venue will allow it and it will be a priority with Rob Berk. He has this in mind moving forward.

Please tell us Berk is working this out to be at the Schaumburg location?!?! I have been there for a Tech Expo on several occasions and that place rocks.

#899 13 hours ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Please tell us Berk is working this out to be at the Schaumburg location?!?! I have been there for a Tech Expo on several occasions and that place rocks.

This will be the last time Pinball Expo Plays Westin. next spot to be announced.

#900 11 hours ago

I think they I'm ready, loaded up today, so unless something drastic, here is what's loaded up and ready

Jack bot
    Skateball
    Eight ball
    Totan
    Godzilla
    F-14

Loaded for new owners, don't know if they are putting in the show
    Batman dark knight
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Time warp
    3 video games

Being brought to me and will be in the show
    Alice Cooper nightmare castle
    Strange Science

F8DB7DE6-7E8B-4FD9-B138-20051F39E870 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.00
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet Parts
    PinBoltCaps
    $ 104.00
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.45
    Gameroom - Decorations
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 29.95
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 239.99
    There are 910 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside