Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,674 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For those that have attended the Expo Banquet before, what would you change?”

• Nothing 16 votes
      6%
    • Skip the fancy food, make it Burgers and Fries at a cheaper cost. 46 votes
      18%
    • Shorten the event, make it super cheap or free, and have no meal at all. 19 votes
      7%
    • I don't care about the banquet. 178 votes
      69%

(259 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_46311 (resized).jpg
    43BFFCCA-1 (resized).jpg
    pacak pickers (resized).png
    20181201_153948 (resized).jpg
    20181028_150630 (resized).jpg
    20181028_144801 (resized).jpg
    20181028_143202 (resized).jpg
    SteveRichieRum (resized).jpg
    20181019_184054 (resized).jpg
    20181018_125743 (resized).jpg
    20181020_194155 (resized).jpg
    20181020_231747 (resized).jpg
    20181017_193751 (resized).jpg
    20181020_161621 (resized).jpg
    20181018_180035 (resized).jpg
    20181020_144751 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 34.
    #751 5 years ago
    Quoted from RobCraig:

I did contact Rob and asked that he read up and post replies. No guarantees - he's not very involved in any online forum pages (pinball or other) that I'm aware of.

I know that some companies have been listed on the website as a thanks for their support in promoting the show with their customers. That didn't mean they were coming. I'm not the person responsible but I'll say sorry about that anyway. If you want new pinball or wanting to opt into purchasing a new show demo game, I would talk to Larry Kitchen at Flip N Out. There are a lot of fine people that distribute for Stern and others, but none are finer than Larry.
    Brigitt sent me the vendor list for the souvenir guide. It looks like this:
    American Pinball, Inc.
    AMOA
    Back Alley Creations
    Chicago Gaming Company
    Christopher Franchi
    Circus Maximus/Pinball Inc.
    ColorDMD Displays, LLC
    Custom & Homebrew Pinball Machines
    Derek Fugate
    DICED!
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Galloping Ghost Arcade
    Great American Pinball
    ICE
    Jersey Jack Pinball
    Lermods Pinball Company
    Master Pinball Restoration
    Mayfair Amusement Company
    Mirco Playfields
    Outside Edge
    Pin Port
    Pin Stadium
    Pinball Adventures
    Pinball Box Stools
    Pinball Classics
    Pinballpro.com
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    Pinball Wizard Sales & Service
    Pincades
    PinGame Journal
    Pingraffix Inc.
    PinSound
    Project Pinball Charity Group, Inc.
    Robert Berk
    St. Louis Ball Bowler Company
    Starship Fantasy
    Stern Pinball
    Super Skill Shot
    UNIS Technology
    VPcabs
    World Champion Paul Zimmerman Trading Card #1

Thanks. I beleive what is wanted is some representation from the organizers in the thread. Right now is a critical time for last minute people wanting to go. Thanks for being a conduit for these questions.
    Do you have an idea of when the vendor layout will be posted on the website? It will help us see if we can get an extra game in.

#752 5 years ago

I know the Expo guys are busy since time is quickly running out before the show, so feel free to use this and post it at each entrance. Just cover up the "Magic The Gathering" wording and you are good to go. You're welcome.
    Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#753 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Will they be at the other show being held that weekend?

Genes back in business??

#754 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I know the Expo guys are busy since time is quickly running out before the show, so feel free to use this and post it at each entrance. Just cover up the "Magic The Gathering" wording and you are good to go. You're welcome.
    [quoted image]

OR... You can gift your friend the gift of "NIB Cologne"! Smell good, feel good, Play good!
    Available at www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Be a champ and smell like one also!!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_1345 (resized).jpgIMG_1345 (resized).jpgIMG_1353 (resized).jpgIMG_1353 (resized).jpg
    #755 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Genes back in business??

I was thinking of the Houston Pinball & Arcade show. That said, I'm all in for fresh cut prime meats at the Potato Basket.

#756 5 years ago
    220px-Fonzie_jumps_the_shark (resized).PNG220px-Fonzie_jumps_the_shark (resized).PNG
    #757 5 years ago
    images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
    #758 5 years ago
    Quoted from PINTEC:

[quoted image]

I never understood why they'd use their time machine to bring a Nip-It back from 1973...

#759 5 years ago

#760 5 years ago

Hopefully there isn't too many pinball machines with LED Syndrome that would suck.

3c9f29c4e8ef4597870864d66beeeb87 (resized).jpg3c9f29c4e8ef4597870864d66beeeb87 (resized).jpgfirepower-pinball-led-rottendog_1_a4d830e0605ca1cfa073e426fa99befc (resized).jpgfirepower-pinball-led-rottendog_1_a4d830e0605ca1cfa073e426fa99befc (resized).jpgimages (1) (resized).jpgimages (1) (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg
    #761 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

OR... You can gift your friend the gift of "NIB Cologne"! Smell good, feel good, Play good!
    The Mod Couple
    [quoted image][quoted image]

That is freaking awesome.

#762 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

That is freaking awesome.

Thanks! We wanted to try the ultimate challenge and MOD the player! lol

#763 5 years ago

Not sure if this is the thread to ask but does anyone know of any Expo vendors bringing Invisiglass (PDI or similar) specifically for widebody games? Looking to pimp WOZ and TZ. Thanks

#764 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure if this is the thread to ask but does anyone know of any Expo vendors bringing Invisiglass (PDI or similar) specifically for widebody games? Looking to pimp WOZ and TZ. Thanks

i believe pinball life stocks it. they may have some specials for their annual party. might want to call them later today and ask.

#765 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

i believe pinball life stocks it. they may have some specials for their annual party. might want to call them later today and ask.

I have talked to Terry many times and he does not stock any for the widebody pins. Thanks.

#766 5 years ago

good to know.

Quoted from Yelobird:

I have talked to Terry many times and he does not stock any for the widebody pins. Thanks.

#767 5 years ago

tell your kids to go back to bed so you can get some sleep

#768 5 years ago
    Quoted from PINTEC:

Hopefully there isn't too many pinball machines with LED Syndrome that would suck.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

not too many, just will be 90% looking like that crap.

#769 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

not too many, just will be 90% looking like that crap.

No need for Coin Taker to attend. They "sold" their "solutions" to 90% of the hobbyists. well done.....

#770 5 years ago

Don't fear for your pinball LED needs! I'll have cheap Ablaze LEDs available at my booth in all colors.

I'll also have Pinball Bulbs complete kits available for various games.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#771 5 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Don't fear for your pinball LED needs! I'll have cheap Ablaze LEDs available at my booth in all colors.
    I'll also have Pinball Bulbs complete kits available for various games.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

Are you going to have the Titan Flipper rubbers in all of the various colors again also? Need to know before I go to Pinball Life on that Thursday morning.

#772 5 years ago

Led option: For unmistakable PUKE HUE when owners purchase kits and change out their early 1977-1990's pinball machines incandescent light bulbs to bright colorful leds (usually attempting to match artwork color and playfield insert colors) the result is a similar game to game Neon blue and purplish glow that can be seen on any game title usually altering the original illumination the factory intended when screening the artwork so its filtered for incandescent bulbs only.

Hey did you see those weird glowing pinball machines on Ebay?
    Yeah! they are expensive and have Led syndrome!

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
    #773 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Are you going to have the Titan Flipper rubbers in all of the various colors again also? Need to know before I go to Pinball Life on that Thursday morning.

Absolutely!

Titan Pinball will be well represented at my booth as always. All colors of Titan's Competition Silicone Rings will be available at my booth.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#774 5 years ago

So purchased 3 day pass and stern tour tickets online. Do they mail physical tickets or just show the receipt at the door? I didnr get any emails other than the PayPal confirmation email.

#775 5 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

So purchased 3 day pass and stern tour tickets online. Do they mail physical tickets or just show the receipt at the door? I didnr get any emails other than the PayPal confirmation email.

You grab them at the registration table at the hotel.

#776 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

ColorDMD will be returning to Pinball Expo and offering free delivery to the show for orders placed before Monday, October 8. We are also offering discounts for exhibiting a display in a game at the show! Please contact us at [email protected] for details.
    Like previous years, I'm travelling alone and not expecting to bring additional inventory to sell at the show. If you're coming from out of town and hoping to pick up a display, please place an order to guarantee availability at Expo.

Last call for orders wanting free delivery to Expo! Orders are shipping to the show tomorrow.

#777 5 years ago

I was alway all over this forum and answered every question quickly I officially am banned from the show per a letter from berks lawyer and if I attend I will be charged with trespassing this is complete bullshit as i did nothing wrong.. was supposed to have court hearings before show but he has postponed and stalled them all...

#778 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I officially am banned from the show

I'm really sorry Mike. I was hoping this would all work out.

LTG : (

#779 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I was alway all over this forum and answered every question quickly I officially am banned from the show per a letter from berks lawyer and if I attend I will be charged with trespassing this is complete bullshit as i did nothing wrong.. was supposed to have court hearings before show but he has postponed and stalled them all...

Going to be a poor expo without ya Mike. Hope to see you at PinCinnati(sp)

P.S. If I didnt have stuff to deliver to show I'd cancel reservations. Just sad.

#780 5 years ago

We will have Stern HD glass for sale and come by and check out the Black and White TZ.

20180929_162731 (resized).jpg20180929_162731 (resized).jpg

#781 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Mike,

Seriously, it's a good thing you are not going this year. It would be way TOO much drama if you were there and that's not to say it would be your fault. You have to let the lawyers handle it at this point. Maybe taking this year off will allow everyone to cool off, and better heads will prevail. You never know, Berk may even change his tune after doing this solo. At the same time you should stop coming here to complain, it does not make one damn thing any better.

#782 5 years ago

So I've reached out to both Cointaker and Marco - both of which confirmed they will NOT be at Expo. For some reason they are both listed as Expo vendors on the website: http://www.pinballexpo.net/vendors.html which makes be wonder which others are listed and won't be there? Can we just get an accurate list of who will be there?

#783 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Can we just get an accurate list of who will be there?

This is an email from Brigett posted on Pinside recently :

LTG : )

American Pinball, Inc.
    AMOA
    Back Alley Creations
    Chicago Gaming Company
    Christopher Franchi
    Circus Maximus/Pinball Inc.
    ColorDMD Displays, LLC
    Custom & Homebrew Pinball Machines
    Derek Fugate
    DICED!
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Galloping Ghost Arcade
    Great American Pinball
    ICE
    Jersey Jack Pinball
    Lermods Pinball Company
    Master Pinball Restoration
    Mayfair Amusement Company
    Mirco Playfields
    Outside Edge
    Pin Port
    Pin Stadium
    Pinball Adventures
    Pinball Box Stools
    Pinball Classics
    Pinballpro.com
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    Pinball Wizard Sales & Service
    Pincades
    PinGame Journal
    Pingraffix Inc.
    PinSound
    Project Pinball Charity Group, Inc.
    Robert Berk
    St. Louis Ball Bowler Company
    Starship Fantasy
    Stern Pinball
    Super Skill Shot
    UNIS Technology
    VPcabs
    World Champion Paul Zimmerman Trading Card #1

#784 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinBackpacker:

So I've reached out to both Cointaker and Marco - both of which confirmed they will NOT be at Expo. For some reason they are both listed as Expo vendors on the website: http://www.pinballexpo.net/vendors.html which makes be wonder which others are listed and won't be there? Can we just get an accurate list of who will be there?

This came earlier today. Neither are listed.

WebMailer1 2 (resized).jpgWebMailer1 2 (resized).jpg
    #785 5 years ago

Thanks LTG and DennisDodel - now if they could just update the website.

#786 5 years ago

No Marco at Expo? What's up with that?

#787 5 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

No Marco at Expo? What's up with that?

There are two other shows the same weekend.

I know I have yet to find a way to clone myself, I bet Marco hasn't yet either.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#788 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinBackpacker:So I've reached out to both Cointaker and Marco - both of which confirmed they will NOT be at Expo. For some reason they are both listed as Expo vendors on the website: http://www.pinballexpo.net/vendors.html which makes be wonder which others are listed and won't be there? Can we just get an accurate list of who will be there?

Hello. What you are looking at is not vendors AT the show. It’s the show showing appreaciation for those who helped advertise the show. Aka flyers in people’s orders. I beleive RobCraig stated this a couple days ago and then posted the vendor list.

#789 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Ha! Bring that to the show and you'd sell a metric shit tonne.

#790 5 years ago

Started the shop out on ACDC today. And by that I mean I turned it on and played 5 games.
    Me and Angus will be there! Just gotta find somebody to switch these tired ass songs out.

#791 5 years ago

Think I'm gonna bring some cologne and just spray fuckers as necessary.
    Or, in the case of el BRUT, just toss some on em.

#792 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Hello. What you are looking at is not vendors AT the show. It’s the show showing appreaciation for those who helped advertise the show. Aka flyers in people’s orders. I beleive robcraig stated this a couple days ago and then posted the vendor list.

That’s great except what it says on the website is “THE FOLLOWING VENDORS HAVE COMMITTED TO THIS YEAR'S PINBALL EXPO”. But who cares at this point.

#793 5 years ago

Hey backpacker....come down outta the clouds off that mountain. That website hasn't been updated in a decade! Fuggetaboutit!
    Sure it would be nice, but so would some 21 yr old pussy. Ain't happenin!

#794 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrbillishere:

Ha! Bring that to the show and you'd sell a metric shit tonne.

Lol, my wife told me to just stand at the door and spritz everyone before they walked in like Marshal Fields lol. I told her I would pass on getting an Expo beat down!

#795 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sure it would be nice, but so would some 21 yr old pussy. Ain't happenin!

Speak for your self

--jeff

#796 5 years ago

Your
    self
    Now with "a pause".
    Jeff bring Le Truck and don't fuck around seriously bring it.

#797 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Thanks. I beleive what is wanted is some representation from the organizers in the thread. Right now is a critical time for last minute people wanting to go. Thanks for being a conduit for these questions.
    Do you have an idea of when the vendor layout will be posted on the website? It will help us see if we can get an extra game in.

I don't have a vendor layout - but maybe David Fix has one? I'll see tomorrow night. If your bringing a game, I can assure you we can get it in... if that is what you mean.

#798 5 years ago
    20181008_110834 (resized).jpg20181008_110834 (resized).jpg20181008_183947 (resized).jpg20181008_183947 (resized).jpg20181008_184428 (resized).jpg20181008_184428 (resized).jpg20181008_184846 (resized).jpg20181008_184846 (resized).jpg
    #799 5 years ago

We will have a show special on Stern & Bally/Williams Mirror blades in the Circus Maximus booth.

$70 a set

We have about 20-25 sets of each style, so if you are interested let me know and we can work out a way to prepay for pickup at Expo to ensure you get a set or two.

Paul

#800 5 years ago

There are two other shows the same weekend.
    I know I have yet to find a way to clone myself, I bet Marco hasn't yet either.

Marc has been coming to Chicago for many years, most likely due to the weather: Recent Hurricane Florence and currently Michael barreling in.

There are 1,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2018-reboot-wheeling-il/page/16?hl=langless28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.