1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,660 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 89 days ago by terrapinmark
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For those that have attended the Expo Banquet before, what would you change?”

• Nothing 15 votes
      6%
    • Skip the fancy food, make it Burgers and Fries at a cheaper cost. 46 votes
      18%
    • Shorten the event, make it super cheap or free, and have no meal at all. 19 votes
      7%
    • I don't care about the banquet. 176 votes
      69%

(256 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 293 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_46311 (resized).jpg
    43BFFCCA-1 (resized).jpg
    pacak pickers (resized).png
    20181201_153948 (resized).jpg
    20181028_150630 (resized).jpg
    20181028_144801 (resized).jpg
    20181028_143202 (resized).jpg
    SteveRichieRum (resized).jpg
    20181019_184054 (resized).jpg
    20181018_125743 (resized).jpg
    20181020_194155 (resized).jpg
    20181020_231747 (resized).jpg
    20181017_193751 (resized).jpg
    20181020_161621 (resized).jpg
    20181018_180035 (resized).jpg
    20181020_144751 (resized).jpg

There are 1660 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 34.
    #701 1 year ago

But if Mike isn’t there, who will yell at me? It’s not Expo without being yelled at repeatedly.

Hilton, maybe you can yell at me a bit? Much appreciated.

#702 1 year ago

Cosplay potential

#703 1 year ago

Maybe a good disguise will work.....

pasted_image (resized).png
    #704 1 year ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

But if Mike isn’t there, who will yell at me? It’s not Expo without being yelled at repeatedly.
    Hilton, maybe you can yell at me a bit? Much appreciated.

if I was going I would be happy to

Sadly (cause I will miss all you guys) I wont be there this year.

#705 1 year ago

will Mike bring his air horn and blow it in someone's ear again?

#706 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trekie:

will Mike bring his air horn and blow it in someone's ear again?

Oh yea.. F that thing....

#707 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Maybe a good disguise will work.....
    [quoted image]

UNCANNY!

#708 1 year ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I feel like mike should be able to attend

Just keep him as an exhibitor. I always like playing the rare titles, although some need shopping and fixing. And perusing the flyers....

#709 1 year ago

Mike's a great vendor, and brings many rare items and games to Expo seen nowhere else but at his shows. Hope he is allowed to vend at the very least. Be a shame if totally shut out from Expo.

#710 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Also for record I was always able to fix room issues with anyone AND get rooms for people up until lasy minute I was hands on every day with them .. come on guys chime in here for all those i helped....

“I saw we let him go.”
    237B8A31-3889-42C6-BD4C-A35EFB842AAB.gif

#711 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree, he should be able to attend.
    However, sounds like there are multiple? lawsuits happening, and if so it is probably best he does not for this year.

This would be in his best interest.

#712 1 year ago

Ok sorry for the stupid question but this is the first year I purchased the complete Expo package with badges and passes etc. When or where do you get this packet? Is it shipped to you or do you have to pick it up someplace? I emailed the website and have yet to get a reply. Look forward to seeing the changes and a new show.

#713 1 year ago

Probably best to spend the first xmas after a divorce apart. Don’t wanna fight in front of the kids.

#714 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

When or where do you get this packet?

At a table in the front hallway. Tell the ladies your name and they'll have it ready for you.

Can't miss it. Table lined up with shirts and stuff, and tournament games past it.

LTG : )

#715 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

When or where do you get this packet?

When you arrive. Schedule here when it opens - http://pinballexpo.com/forms/PinballExpoSchEvents2018.pdf

Check out 2nd picture down here :

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/10/12/pinball-expo-2017-1/

#716 1 year ago

We will have a Thunderbirds pinball machine at expo.

Great American Pinball

#717 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

At a table in the front hallway. Tell the ladies your name and they'll have it ready for you.
    Can't miss it. Table lined up with shirts and stuff, and tournament games past it.

Thanks Lloyd. Looks like I can be there at 5 on Wednesday then to pick them up. Want to make sure I have a front row seat to your seminar!

#718 1 year ago
    Quoted from GAP:

We will have a Thunderbirds pinball machine at expo.
    Great American Pinball

It seems you will have one other Awesome game in your booth also I'm hoping. Something black and white....

#720 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Want to make sure I have a front row seat to your seminar!

Here is a reenactment :

#721 1 year ago
    Quoted from GAP:

Maybe a spirit too!

I have never played one

#722 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I dont know if i am permitted at show because early on he insisted a few vendors insisted I was not. all bullshit.. I havemany many friends there for 33 years and I believe many more than him as I was more the face of expo..

I'm sure there's a few crazy people who do like you, and LLoyd since he likes everyone, but to say it is bullshit that there were numerous vendors who refused to come back if you are there is wrong. It is absolutely true that there are vendors who refused to come back for that very reason.

#723 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Mrs. Berk likes chocolate too.

#724 1 year ago

Oh Mrs. Berk...
    carl-spackler-caddyshack-washing-balls (resized).jpg
    JUST A JOKE GUYS...she is beautiful but she's also a Mrs. and you don't mess with a man's
    1) dog
    2) truck
    or
    3) wife
    In that order.

#725 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Oh Mrs. Berk...
    [quoted image]
    JUST A JOKE GUYS...she is beautiful but she's also a Mrs. and you don't mess with a man's
    1) dog
    2) truck
    or
    3) wife
    In that order.

Another good rule to live by:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20761282-you-must-buy-your-wife-at-least-as-much-jewelry-as-you-buy-your-horse-an

#726 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Oh Mrs. Berk...
    [quoted image]
    1) dog
    2) truck
    or
    3) wife
    In that order.

Nice!!!

#727 1 year ago

IT would be nice if robcraig could post a little more. Not sure what the number of pinsiders it is that attend expo. But his measly 10 post out of over 700 is not a good presence here. Personally, im disappointed in the lack of info from them and im a supporter of the show and my friend and I are bringing at least 10 pins.

They are also supposedly doing something with some video games there, but I have not been able to find any information about it, or id bring a half dozen or so vids to. .

Even the facebook post are skimpy, c'mon Rob, step up some post. You got vendors paying money to be there and you are not promoting it well at all. Im not against the change for expo this year, but at least Mike had the MGC crew involved when he was going to do it without Berk. And MGC is already promoting for a show thats still 7 months away.

#728 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Violent Steve can't make it.

Newsflash, Mr. HulkSmash Gryszzz: ViolentSteve will make an appearance on Saturday at Expo. Might even trash... uh, I mean crash in your room Saturday night. I'll be driving from Ohio Saturday morning and leaving to go back Sunday morning. Gonna be nice to see all you good people once again (and Gryszzz, too). Cheers, my friends!

#729 1 year ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Newsflash, Mr. HulkSmash Gryszzz: ViolentSteve will make an appearance on Saturday at Expo. Might even trash... uh, I mean crash in your room Saturday night. I'll be driving from Ohio Saturday morning and leaving to go back Sunday morning. Gonna be nice to see all you good people once again (and Gryszzz, too). Cheers, my friends!

Great news, cant wait to see you Violent. Hope all is well at home with Kelly,

#730 1 year ago

Going through some papers I got from a operator a couple years ago and I found this. I thought you guys would be intrested in what the schedule was back then.

8B79A8A3-7ED9-4E3A-8FB5-C27E1D8C7166 (resized).jpegA02DDDEE-CA8C-4022-AD7A-D208AF698E05 (resized).jpeg
    #731 1 year ago

FYI … Cointaker will not be there even though they are listed on the website vendor page.

#732 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

FYI … Cointaker will not be there even though they are listed on the website vendor page.

But the Expo website is up to date. Can't be so? LOL>

#733 1 year ago

Updated vendor list would be helpful.

#734 1 year ago

I heard marco won't be there either, so no big stern booth.

#735 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok sorry for the stupid question but this is the first year I purchased the complete Expo package with badges and passes etc. When or where do you get this packet? Is it shipped to you or do you have to pick it up someplace? I emailed the website and have yet to get a reply. Look forward to seeing the changes and a new show.

You go to the registration desk and tell them your name / show ID - and they hand over the goods to you.

#736 1 year ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

IT would be nice if robcraig could post a little more. Not sure what the number of pinsiders it is that attend expo. But his measly 10 post out of over 700 is not a good presence here. Personally, im disappointed in the lack of info from them and im a supporter of the show and my friend and I are bringing at least 10 pins.
    They are also supposedly doing something with some video games there, but I have not been able to find any information about it, or id bring a half dozen or so vids to. .
    Even the facebook post are skimpy, c'mon Rob, step up some post. You got vendors paying money to be there and you are not promoting it well at all. Im not against the change for expo this year, but at least Mike had the MGC crew involved when he was going to do it without Berk. And MGC is already promoting for a show thats still 7 months away.

Hi Troy - How's it going? I'm thrilled you are bringing 10+ pins. Thanks!!! You and all the other people bringing games are going to make it a blast for people like me who love to play, buy, sell, and trade games. I'm bringing all that I can haul in my trailer (5 or 6).
    I think some people believe I'm doing marketing for Expo but that isn't the case. I'm just the guy that started this thread and put a few facts out there.

My role for Expo is to help those that are bringing games get their games registered, provide the perks they deserve, get them loaded into the building, keep track of them throughout the show, and get them out the door at the end of the show. For those that know Darren Sheldon, he is going to be doing the same job throughout the show. Great guy! Still could use a couple more volunteers.

As for video games .... I can say that I have heard that Rob Berk has Galloping Ghost bringing a large'ish number of video games (maybe 25 or 30?). I cautiously say this because things change even at the last minute. I believe there will be a tournament(s) on these machines. Troy - if you bring video games, we will find a place for them. Shows like Louisville and Nashville have a good number of classic video games and I think this is a good idea to have some at the show.

As for vendors, I know that the web site has been almost continuously updated with vendor information. I believe that vendors have been added right up to the end of last week. We're at 40+ now?

I'm crazy busy with career & kids in sports - but attentive to PM's and e-mail to popbumper@gmail.com. Send urgent questions that way anytime. I'll answer whatever I can that way. Big thanks to LTG and others that are answering the basic expo questions out there.

#737 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Say it aint so

#738 1 year ago

robcraig I assume you’re in regular communication with Rob Berk. Can you ask him to come into this thread and clear up some of the confusion? We’re just over 10 days out and people seem to have a lot of unanswered questions.

#739 1 year ago

So who are the vendors that will actually be there ? The general web page is just that - general. Shows Marco and Cointaker and sounds like neither of those will be there. Kingpin will be there but I don't see him listed. Am I looking in the wrong place or reading it incorrectly ? Doesn't seem to be 40+ Vendors even if the page is accurate.

http://www.pinballexpo.net/vendorhall.html

An up to date actual listing of vendors who will actually be there would be helpful. Just would like to know who really is or isn't going to be at the show.

Makes a difference for planning what vehicle I take to the show, and what I might consider buying or coming home with etc.

#740 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

So who are the vendors that will actually be there ? The general web page is just that - general. Shows Marco and Cointaker and sounds like neither of those will be there. Kingpin will be there but I don't see him listed. Am I looking in the wrong place or reading it incorrectly ? Doesn't seem to be 40+ Vendors even if the page is accurate.
    An up to date actual listing of vendors who will actually be there would be helpful. Just would like to know who really is or isn't going to be at the show.
    Makes a difference for planning what vehicle I take to the show, and what I might consider buying or coming home with etc.

Flip N Out Pinball will be there with Stern, Multimrphic, Escalera and our latest Gizmo Baseball (either Zombie All Star Baseball or All Star Baseball)

#741 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinBackpacker:

robcraig I assume you’re in regular communication with Rob Berk. Can you ask him to come into this thread and clear up some of the confusion? We’re just over 10 days out and people seem to have a lot of unanswered questions.

I did contact Rob and asked that he read up and post replies. No guarantees - he's not very involved in any online forum pages (pinball or other) that I'm aware of.

Quoted from NoQuarters:

I know that some companies have been listed on the website as a thanks for their support in promoting the show with their customers. That didn't mean they were coming. I'm not the person responsible but I'll say sorry about that anyway. If you want new pinball or wanting to opt into purchasing a new show demo game, I would talk to Larry Kitchen at Flip N Out. There are a lot of fine people that distribute for Stern and others, but none are finer than Larry.

Brigitt sent me the vendor list for the souvenir guide. It looks like this:
    American Pinball, Inc.
    AMOA
    Back Alley Creations
    Chicago Gaming Company
    Christopher Franchi
    Circus Maximus/Pinball Inc.
    ColorDMD Displays, LLC
    Custom & Homebrew Pinball Machines
    Derek Fugate
    DICED!
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Galloping Ghost Arcade
    Great American Pinball
    ICE
    Jersey Jack Pinball
    Lermods Pinball Company
    Master Pinball Restoration
    Mayfair Amusement Company
    Mirco Playfields
    Outside Edge
    Pin Port
    Pin Stadium
    Pinball Adventures
    Pinball Box Stools
    Pinball Classics
    Pinballpro.com
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    Pinball Wizard Sales & Service
    Pincades
    PinGame Journal
    Pingraffix Inc.
    PinSound
    Project Pinball Charity Group, Inc.
    Robert Berk
    St. Louis Ball Bowler Company
    Starship Fantasy
    Stern Pinball
    Super Skill Shot
    UNIS Technology
    VPcabs
    World Champion Paul Zimmerman Trading Card #1

#742 1 year ago

Thanks ! Good List.

#743 1 year ago

Oh Mrs. Berk...
    [quoted image]
    Hahaha..took a chance there..bravo!

#744 1 year ago

I see Starship Fantasy is listed to be there. Someone ask him where in the F**K the WCS ramps are!

#745 1 year ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I see Starship Fantasy is listed to be there. Someone ask him where in the F**K the WCS ramps are!

Those and other new ramps. Been 3 years ? Since anything new other than what James had made.

#746 1 year ago

I am disappointed cointaker won't be there- I really enjoy putting together my own custom game LED mixes, and having the different bulbs there to actually see the light dispersement, really can't be done as well online...

#747 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan:

I am disappointed cointaker won't be there- I really enjoy putting together my own custom game LED mixes, and having the different bulbs there to actually see the light dispersement, really can't be done as well online...

Will they be at the other show being held that weekend?

#748 1 year ago

Guys quick question: 100 watts or 500 watts?
    Both? Agreed.

#749 1 year ago

Cleveland never forgets.

#750 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The past few years, Stern has set up the Expo booth and Stern party themselves. Marco organizes the games and and runs the booth for the other shows.

Have not heard anything about this year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    € 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 32.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 209.99
    $ 100.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Pin Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 85.00
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.99
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 18,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    www.retroarcade.se
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    There are 1660 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 34.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside