Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,674 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For those that have attended the Expo Banquet before, what would you change?”

• Nothing 16 votes
      6%
    • Skip the fancy food, make it Burgers and Fries at a cheaper cost. 46 votes
      18%
    • Shorten the event, make it super cheap or free, and have no meal at all. 19 votes
      7%
    • I don't care about the banquet. 178 votes
      69%

(259 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_46311 (resized).jpg
    43BFFCCA-1 (resized).jpg
    pacak pickers (resized).png
    20181201_153948 (resized).jpg
    20181028_150630 (resized).jpg
    20181028_144801 (resized).jpg
    20181028_143202 (resized).jpg
    SteveRichieRum (resized).jpg
    20181019_184054 (resized).jpg
    20181018_125743 (resized).jpg
    20181020_194155 (resized).jpg
    20181020_231747 (resized).jpg
    20181017_193751 (resized).jpg
    20181020_161621 (resized).jpg
    20181018_180035 (resized).jpg
    20181020_144751 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 34.
    #651 5 years ago

Yay, randy party!

#652 5 years ago

Randy gave me a lift back to the hotel after the PL party last year. Not sure if I'm really thankful for that.
    I missed all the fun but yes, thanks for the ride Randy and Fattrain!

#653 5 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Is gryszzz still looking for a roommate? Please let Jared in.

Jared would stumble outta my room eyes so bloodshot/mind so blown he'd think he was the Atari pinball social media director and end up next to the Hercules all night like a wal-mart greeter.

#654 5 years ago

But yeah...we got room. Always got room for that Texas TRILL.

#655 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Jared would stumble outta my room eyes so bloodshot/mind so blown he'd think he was the Atari pinball social media director and end up next to the Hercules all night like a Wal-Mart greeter.

The Pinball is a CUEBALL!

#656 5 years ago

So that brings up a good question, will Hercules, the worlds largest pinball! Be there this year?

#657 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

The Pinball is a CUEBALL!

I hope there's a Cueball Wizard in free play. Been wantin some more time on that one.

#658 5 years ago

I500 is out because optos unobtanium. Sorry fellas. You'll have to stop by the house. Breakshot sound still wonky, workin on it. So I was thinkin maybe ACDC or MET.

AANND just got an email from Randy.
    ACDC it is.

#659 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I500 is out because optos unobtanium

Which optos are unobtanium?

#660 5 years ago

The 4 square targets. I bought new ones a few years back, and haven't seen any since.

#661 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

The 4 square targets. I bought new ones a few years back, and haven't seen any since.

What part do you need? The target face with the interuptor, or the opto board with the LEDs? I'd have to check, but I may have one or both laying around somewhere.

#662 5 years ago

If the game is broken, you’re saying we can stop by the house and play it broken?

#664 5 years ago

yeah pinball Life! going both days if anybody needs a lift.

#665 5 years ago

Aww...thanks B. But I'm not havin any problems with them now. Just not gonna chance it. Those stand ups optos are nil.
    If ya got some lay in around I will absolutely take them.

#666 5 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

If the game is broken, you’re saying we can stop by the house and play it broken?

Exactly.

#667 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

AANND just got an email from Randy.
    ACDC it is.

we can put Ac/Dc next to the rob zombie I'm bringing?

#668 5 years ago

You got it bub. But mine has a special playlist, so it will have to be louder.

#669 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

but it's Ac/Dc and rob zombie on tour. that would be a one bitch'in tour.

#670 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

you have adult mode? and titties? rob zombie does

#671 5 years ago

I am man boobs in adult mode everyday.
    RZ rules though! I'll be playin it non-stop!

#672 5 years ago

If yer plannin on escaltin this into a sub war just lettin ya know I got a 300 watt Orb that I will NOT be bringin.

#673 5 years ago

WHO'S GOT THAT BADASS BINGO FOR SALE

#674 5 years ago

Bingo guys---I'm jokin.
    Already got 5 pm's.

#675 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Aww...thanks B. But I'm not havin any problems with them now. Just not gonna chance it. Those stand ups optos are nil.
    If ya got some lay in around I will absolutely take them.

Is this what you're looking for? If so, remind me to bring it to Expo with me. I no longer have the game, so it's not like it's doing me any good.

I500 Opto Board (resized).jpgI500 Opto Board (resized).jpg
    #676 5 years ago

Yes.
    Yes I'll.buy it.
    $100 million dollars.

Seriously though yeah buddy! I will take it!

#677 5 years ago

What a goofy ass part.

#678 5 years ago

Mugs are coming. Seminar shirts arrived.

I'm Expo ready !

LTG : )

#679 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Mugs are coming. Seminar shirts arrived.
    I'm Expo ready !

I’ll carry a Deadpool ramp and low amounts of cash. Ha

#680 5 years ago

2 weeks til load in!! expo!!!

#681 5 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

2 weeks til load in!! expo!!!

So time to disassemble the game completely???
    I’ll be getting there Thursday late morning.

#682 5 years ago

Have I missed the PBL open house details thread?

#683 5 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Yes. The ticketed party is sold out already.

I tagged you in the party details thread.

#684 5 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

If you volunteer to staff a ride, we could probably hook you up

I think you might get money too?

#685 5 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

If you volunteer to staff a ride, we could probably hook you up
    I think you might get money too?

bangerjay what staff member do we get to ride!!

#686 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

So time to disassemble the game completely???
    I’ll be getting there Thursday late morning.

you bringing ghost in a shell? if so kick ass.

#687 5 years ago

I had almost daily conversations with Westin in the weeks before always. I negotiated every Westin contract in fact Berks name was not even on it but he had copies once again in our separation agreement I was given the Westin contract and the right to do the show.There have been 4 different court dates now of which he postponed all of them .. The idea was to have some solid agreement before the show... We all know he announced his show somewhere else and in sept. I dont know if i am permitted at show because early on he insisted a few vendors insisted I was not. all bullshit.. I havemany many friends there for 33 years and I believe many more than him as I was more the face of expo.. still hoping for court hearing soon which he does not want at all... I will be back for sure..

#688 5 years ago

also i always had free internet in guest rooms and halls and always was able to get rooms straightened out

#689 5 years ago

Also for record I was always able to fix room issues with anyone AND get rooms for people up until lasy minute I was hands on every day with them .. come on guys chime in here for all those i helped....

#690 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

come on guys chime in here for all those i helped....

You always helped me Mike.

I hope you have a table at Expo and can be there.

If you do your own Chicago show, I'll be there.

#691 5 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

you bringing ghost in a shell? if so kick ass.

Yes that’s the plan. Since MGC I have made a handful of small but critical updates. Gameplay is a lot better I just hope I have a chance to add some audio and code. Right now I’m solving the power wiring and head folding issues. I’ll post some details about the games locations when it gets closer. This is really the first time I attended more than a few hours of the show.

#692 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I had almost daily conversations with Westin in the weeks before always. I negotiated every Westin contract in fact Berks name was not even on it but he had copies once again in our separation agreement I was given the Westin contract and the right to do the show.There have been 4 different court dates now of which he postponed all of them .. The idea was to have some solid agreement before the show... We all know he announced his show somewhere else and in sept. I dont know if i am permitted at show because early on he insisted a few vendors insisted I was not. all bullshit.. I havemany many friends there for 33 years and I believe many more than him as I was more the face of expo.. still hoping for court hearing soon which he does not want at all... I will be back for sure..

Quoted from mikepin:

also i always had free internet in guest rooms and halls and always was able to get rooms straightened out

Quoted from mikepin:

Also for record I was always able to fix room issues with anyone AND get rooms for people up until lasy minute I was hands on every day with them .. come on guys chime in here for all those i helped....

Once again, we know as you've mentioned this quite a few times.

Under your watch, Pinball Expo has been swirling down the toilet for years with decreasing vendors and reduced volume of games in the free play hall. I want to see how the new regime handles the show. If problems continue, then everyone can look at other reasons why the problems at Expo persist, but until we see a Mike-free Expo, we won't know.

I'd suggest staying on the sidelines for this year's show and then circle back to Berk to see what could be worked out for next year. Time heals all wounds and it sound like you guys need a break from each other.

#693 5 years ago

Is the guy in the buggy with the dog, you know, the guy who yells at everyone all the time going to be there this year? He was a major drag, man!

#694 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

always? its a 34 year old show there wasn't public internet for most of the shows history.

#695 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

The silence is deafening.

#696 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Is the guy in the buggy with the dog, you know, the guy who yells at everyone all the time going to be there this year? He was a major drag, man!

that guy is MikePin, aka Mike Pacak (sp?).

Sounds like he is banned but plans to show up. I agree with Eric that his best bet both legally and otherwise are to just stay away.

Interfering with the show is not going to help his court case. Hell even posting here as he is, wont help.

#697 5 years ago

I feel like mike should be able to attend

#698 5 years ago

If he yells at you, would you need to listen to him?

#699 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

If he yells at you, would you need to listen to him?

Nope

#700 5 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I feel like mike should be able to attend

I agree, he should be able to attend.

However, sounds like there are multiple? lawsuits happening, and if so it is probably best he does not for this year.

There are 1,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2018-reboot-wheeling-il/page/14?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.