Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,674 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For those that have attended the Expo Banquet before, what would you change?”

• Nothing 16 votes
      6%
    • Skip the fancy food, make it Burgers and Fries at a cheaper cost. 46 votes
      18%
    • Shorten the event, make it super cheap or free, and have no meal at all. 19 votes
      7%
    • I don't care about the banquet. 178 votes
      69%

(259 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_46311 (resized).jpg
    43BFFCCA-1 (resized).jpg
    pacak pickers (resized).png
    20181201_153948 (resized).jpg
    20181028_150630 (resized).jpg
    20181028_144801 (resized).jpg
    20181028_143202 (resized).jpg
    SteveRichieRum (resized).jpg
    20181019_184054 (resized).jpg
    20181018_125743 (resized).jpg
    20181020_194155 (resized).jpg
    20181020_231747 (resized).jpg
    20181017_193751 (resized).jpg
    20181020_161621 (resized).jpg
    20181018_180035 (resized).jpg
    20181020_144751 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 34.
    #601 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I just looked mine up. Still there....
    [quoted image]

so how did you check?

#602 5 years ago

Maybe it’s a one off problem. Idk what happened. If I can’t get the rate I’ll cancel staying over and buy a color dmd instead. Just irritated.

#603 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Just irritated.

You should be irritated as you had a reservation with a confirmation and you didn't cancel it. They should be able to tell you how it was canceled.

#604 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Maybe it’s a one off problem. Idk what happened. If I can’t get the rate I’ll cancel staying over and buy a color dmd instead. Just irritated.

Do you have a confirmation # ? If so, get a manager on the phone and demand they correct it. If nothing happens call corporate and demand they get involved. If you do not have a confirmation #, you are shit out of luck.

#605 5 years ago

Phat_Jay I got a room 3 miles 10 minutes away for 95 a night. I forget the name but someone else here mentioned it. Also free hot breakfast. I did the same for Texas. Not too bad of a deal.

#606 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

so how did you check?

I went to the WestinMarriott reservations website, went to the "chrck reservation page" entered my confirmation number, last name, reservation date and maybe my email address. And it popped right up.

#607 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I just looked mine up. Still there....
    [quoted image]

Internet not free WTF???

#608 5 years ago

My reservation is still good....

#609 5 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Internet not free WTF???

Wifi has always been free for the expo show rate, despite them not listing it as such. Has been true for several years. But really, who uses hotel internet now that most cellular plans give you tons of data?

#610 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Wifi has always been free for the expo show rate, despite them not listing it as such. Has been true for several years. But really, who uses hotel internet now that most cellular plans give you tons of data?

you'd be amazed......

#611 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

More BERK shenanigans.....

Ever have like, a shred of proof behind any of your wacky allegations?

#612 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

just saying that in 2018 an hotel with paid internet listed on the website seems out of place.

#613 5 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

just saying that in 2018 an hotel with paid internet listed on the website seems out of place.

been to the new MGC location?

#614 5 years ago

I "think" that I read that if you join their rewards club, the internet is free ... not sure if that was the Chicago or Milwaukee hotel. Worth asking about at check-in.

#615 5 years ago

Ironically, the fancier the hotel, the more likely they are to charge for internet.

#616 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Ironically, the fancier the hotel, the more likely they are to charge for internet.

... And breakfast ...
    There was free internet in the lobby last year. Lot's of non-show attendees staying at the hotel were huddling out there.

Looks like a few things moved around on the schedule ... Expo Hall of Fame inductees? Good thing the show organizers are here answering questions and keeping us up-to-date on the show.

#617 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Ever have like, a shred of proof behind any of your wacky allegations?

Yes.

#618 5 years ago

Well I'm convinced.

#619 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

not in Las Vegas**

**part of the forced resort fees. But they are more about making the base rate look better then it really is.

#620 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Well I'm convinced.

I'm not convinced that you're convinced.

For one wacky allegation, ask Rob Anthony, who has no reason to lie or take sides, what BERK said when Rob asked if Clay could volunteer as part of the repair room team and be listed as such on the program.

#621 5 years ago

Well thanks Fat Jay for that minor panic. Like everyone else, I called the Westin this morning to verify. Yep. All good. But I specifically requested two doubles, and they had me down for one king.
    supermoot
    Bring that satin nightie I get chafed easily babe.

#622 5 years ago

Glad to hear most people’s reservations are good, still waiting to hear from customer service. They “escalated” the issue and assigned a case number, whatever. I just want it in writing at this point. Just wait a few days after expo there will be a $600 charge for a no show. I’m still going, but prob just for a day at this point. I need new playfield glass and some spare wpc boards. Maybe get a color dmd and pinsound for my bsd. That’ll make me feel better. Worst part is I was going to bring some machines, but if it’s just a day visit then no, way to go Westin.

#623 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Say what you want good or bad BERK really did nothing much to promote show for years.. I asked for years to meet about it. \he was always tooooo busy if we together after doing show for 33 years and friends for like 35 had tried to make changes and promote it could have been great.. He just decided to buy me out but clearly gave me the right to do a show AND stated everywhere and to me that he was not doing westin and I could so thats the legal issue here unfortunatly between lawyers and his stall tactics no hearing yet was filed way back in june originally so plain and simple westin contract was MINE and he took it period...

DE807004-A538-4E5D-8733-0461CA38D700 (resized).jpegDE807004-A538-4E5D-8733-0461CA38D700 (resized).jpeg
    #624 5 years ago

Oh shit I just haphazardly gave away the JACK TWIPPY
    "Roomie of the Year 2018" winner.
    My favorite Indy pin tech and best guy ever to boot SuperMoot!
    I'M SO EXCITED!

#625 5 years ago

THREES-COMPANY-LTD-EDITION-SIGNATURE-AND-LASER-ETCHED-THEME-SONG-LYRICS-DISPLAY-B0100L9UH2 (resized).jpgTHREES-COMPANY-LTD-EDITION-SIGNATURE-AND-LASER-ETCHED-THEME-SONG-LYRICS-DISPLAY-B0100L9UH2 (resized).jpg

#626 5 years ago

So.... after 35 minutes on the phone with Cs, i have a res for fri and sat night, but they won’t give me the expo rate even though I booked in April. So it’s 259 a night. So I tell them to cancel sat so the total cost is the same. They tell me I can’t cancel sat because they don’t have availability. What? I have fri and sat already, I want to drop sat and just stay fri. They say I can’t. Wow. So I’m going to cancel the whole damn thing. How messed up,is that? To go from 2 rooms/2 nights to 1/2 and because of their stupidity now they have nothing. Way to run a business Westin!

Cancelled. I’ll still go, staying at holiday inn down road for $105 with free breakfast. Cancelled credit card used to hold reservation, in case they claim I’m a no show.

Not cool. Not the shows fault, just a crappy reservation system I guess. But customer no service totally blew it.

#627 5 years ago

This is pretty much a thing with hotels on weekends, especially “busy” ones.

My wife was once told by the manager that the receptionist wasn’t supposed to offer us a Friday room because they were only accepting two night stays.

#628 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

So.... after 35 minutes on the phone with Cs, i have a res for fri and sat night, but they won’t give me the expo rate even though I booked in April. So it’s 259 a night. So I tell them to cancel sat so the total cost is the same. They tell me I can’t cancel sat because they don’t have availability. What? I have fri and sat already, I want to drop sat and just stay fri. They say I can’t. Wow. So I’m going to cancel the whole damn thing. How messed up,is that? To go from 2 rooms/2 nights to 1/2 and because of their stupidity now they have nothing. Way to run a business Westin!
    Cancelled. I’ll still go, staying at holiday inn down road for $105 with free breakfast. Cancelled credit card used to hold reservation, in case they claim I’m a no show.
    Not cool. Not the shows fault, just a crappy reservation system I guess. But customer no service totally blew it.

You never answered if you had a confirmation # or not! If you did, this is all pure bullshit they are pulling.

#629 5 years ago

Yes I had a confirmation number, but it showed as cancelled. They reinstated the room but not the rate as the rate has been closed. Even though I booked in April. Hotel refused to give me the rate. I suspect....I had a res for one room two nights, I called to add another room and they cancelled the first to create the second as a new res for 2 rooms 2 nights as I needed them adjoining. WTH happened to that one idk. No one will admit anything. They suggested I call hotel tomoro again and see if it’s in an “internal block” that they can’t see. Piss on them. I’ll save a bunch of money and stay a couple blocks away. Got an executive suite for 105 there. Just means I get to buy more stuff from the vendors. And oh baby I will!

#630 5 years ago

Phat_Jay Are you back to staying two nights and bringing a game?

#631 5 years ago

As of right now, it’s one night, one day. I’m irritated tonight again, I may reconsider tho. I wanted to bring my arcades for sale at least. Your old f2k has never given me a lick of trouble. I upgraded to led’s and put in a board to control flicker, rubbers, balls, new topglass, and nvram, but I haven’t HAD to do anything. It has run flawlessly. Thank you again! We’re up to 1.6 mil as a high score.

#632 5 years ago

d3f934a0c41b0d4aa6cddf6875dcf1de (resized).jpgd3f934a0c41b0d4aa6cddf6875dcf1de (resized).jpg

#633 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Say what you want good or bad BERK really did nothing much to promote show for years.. I asked for years to meet about it. \he was always tooooo busy if we together after doing show for 33 years and friends for like 35 had tried to make changes and promote it could have been great..

the main reason all the halls and rooms were taken up 100% was so Mike couldn't have his show anywhere during the period (a measly 5000 sq feet just to block him. then lets state the show is bigger now and it defiantly isnt better,or new and improved.its just another chicago pinball show geared up to take your money.
    Keep in mind this is was a cancel attempt show and the Westin hotel management knows this show may pull out and relocate as they were able to salvage the original agreement by claiming breach in contract to charge heavy fees to cancel. The Hotel will raise rates , nickle and dime knowing they are losing their contract holder.

#634 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Bring that satin nightie I get chafed easily babe.

It's the only outfit I own!

#635 5 years ago

Just checked with Westin as well. Booked all the way back in December, rooms still good.

#636 5 years ago

That's bullshit about them cancelling your rooms. I'd be furious.

#637 5 years ago

Just as an FYI, if anyone has been on the fence about going, or just like to procrastinate in general. The advanced ticket prices expire this Sunday. www.pinballexpo.com

xoxoxoxo

#638 5 years ago

I looked at vendors list and no Color DMD. I was hoping they would run the special that if you bought ahead of show, then you could pickup there and save shipping.

#639 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

I looked at vendors list and no Color DMD. I was hoping they would run the special that if you bought ahead of show, then you could pickup there and save shipping.

Email Randy and ask.

LTG : )

#640 5 years ago

I wanted able to sort out the details with expo for the homebrew Games. We will have a spot in the vendor hall with four custom and homebrew Games. Thanks.

#641 5 years ago

I am 100% in for EXPO. I am looking forward to seeing and meeting many of you at the Stern Factory tour, on the show floor, and the big "Sternapalooza" party on Saturday Night (details about that to come to facebook later today). Also I love to destroy people at pinball, so if you want to lose to a skilled maverick of a pinball player, seek me out and I will take you to school. Don't bother looking me up in the IFPA, I would never let a international tracking system document my skills and blow my cover as one of the greatest players alive. Its strategic.

See you guys in Chicago. It's gonna be a blast!

#642 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Now that you'll be there, yes, a blast !

#643 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Also I love to destroy people

Is Gryszzz still looking for a roommate? Please let Jared in.

#644 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I am 100% in for EXPO. I am looking forward to seeing and meeting many of you at the Stern Factory tour, on the show floor, and the big "Sternapalooza" party on Saturday Night (details about that to come to facebook later today). Also I love to destroy people at pinball, so if you want to lose to a skilled maverick of a pinball player, seek me out and I will take you to school. Don't bother looking me up in the IFPA, I would never let a international tracking system document my skills and blow my cover as one of the greatest players alive. Its strategic.

blast???

I think you mean "Epic" ???

#645 5 years ago

15 days left guys. Countdown on....

#646 5 years ago

My wife and I are thinking of coming down from Champaign, but probably only for one day/night. Any suggestions on which evening would be the best?

Thanks!

#647 5 years ago
    Quoted from tbaum:

My wife and I are thinking of coming down from Champaign, but probably only for one day/night. Any suggestions on which evening would be the best?
    Thanks!

All!!

#648 5 years ago
    Quoted from tbaum:

Look over the schedule and see what interests you most :

http://pinballexpo.com/forms/PinballExpoSchEvents2018.pdf

#649 5 years ago
    Quoted from tbaum:

Thanks!

I would go Thursday night, arrive at 6pm for vendor and game hall.

See all you can and play all you can till you collapse. Wake up Friday, repeat and then leave.

Best bang for your buck at expo IME

#650 5 years ago

ColorDMD will be returning to Pinball Expo and offering free delivery to the show for orders placed before Monday, October 8. We are also offering discounts for exhibiting a display in a game at the show! Please contact us at [email protected] for details.

Like previous years, I'm travelling alone and not expecting to bring additional inventory to sell at the show. If you're coming from out of town and hoping to pick up a display, please place an order to guarantee availability at Expo.

There are 1,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2018-reboot-wheeling-il/page/13?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.