Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,674 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For those that have attended the Expo Banquet before, what would you change?”

• Nothing 16 votes
      6%
    • Skip the fancy food, make it Burgers and Fries at a cheaper cost. 46 votes
      18%
    • Shorten the event, make it super cheap or free, and have no meal at all. 19 votes
      7%
    • I don't care about the banquet. 178 votes
      69%

(259 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_46311 (resized).jpg
    43BFFCCA-1 (resized).jpg
    pacak pickers (resized).png
    20181201_153948 (resized).jpg
    20181028_150630 (resized).jpg
    20181028_144801 (resized).jpg
    20181028_143202 (resized).jpg
    SteveRichieRum (resized).jpg
    20181019_184054 (resized).jpg
    20181018_125743 (resized).jpg
    20181020_194155 (resized).jpg
    20181020_231747 (resized).jpg
    20181017_193751 (resized).jpg
    20181020_161621 (resized).jpg
    20181018_180035 (resized).jpg
    20181020_144751 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 34.
    #451 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

We are staying Saturday for the entire show, leaving on Sunday. We will have a dialed in on free play in our booth so at least there will be one game at the show on Saturday eve

Quoted from Tilt:

well I know that my friends and I are going to have about 10 games there, several classic bally SS machine (possibly ones like frontier, Star Gazer, Skateball) and several other games, not sure which, but maybe southpark, rocky and Bullwinkle, F14 , eight ball, Indiana Jones and a couple more. Plus my ACNC will be unboxed and set up in Rob Anthonys repair room. We will be breaking them down sunday morning, NOT Saturday afternoon. So come enjoy our games Saturday night!!

Awesome, thank you!!

#452 5 years ago

My game will be there until Sunday mor ....

#453 5 years ago

Sorry ladies...my roommate search has ended. I will still answer all of the pms in order though,...all zero of them.
    Room reserved,...so lock up yer daughters, lock up yer wives, lock up yer back door and run for yer lives.

#454 5 years ago

Lookin forward to hangin with ya again Todd!

#455 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Lookin forward to hangin with ya again Todd!

Well shit, I just told people that I was brining a bunch of stuff, now that your going for sure, I want to back out

#456 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Well shit, I just told people that I was brining a bunch of stuff, now that your going for sure, I want to back out

Back that azz on up Buttercup. But please wear the sexy satin nightie when you do.

#457 5 years ago

I might jump into that sausage fest

#458 5 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I think that if anyone will be in lingerie, that id place bets on it being you

see you guys soon

#459 5 years ago

Now it's a party.
    Atleast I don't have to ask you to wear somethin sexy J, you sexy beast you.

#460 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Now it's a party.
    [quoted image]

I sleep in that

#461 5 years ago

No RRRRandyyyy this year?

89130e22ac11f4c986ede8db3026cbca004646fa (resized).jpg89130e22ac11f4c986ede8db3026cbca004646fa (resized).jpg
    #462 5 years ago

Don't harsh my mellow dude.
    Concrete high heels fit him perfectly for Lake Michigan. Hope he's already wearin them.

#463 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Not unless they parole for pinball shows

#464 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image]

No one needs to be reminded of that pedophile moron.

#465 5 years ago

The show lengths always got me: MGC has a wider net(pinball, console gaming, arcade gaming, tabletop too) and is a only a weekend, where Expo(just pinball) goes on for several days.

#466 5 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

YOU GUYS NEED TO FUCKIN LEAVE

#467 5 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

The show lengths always got me: MGC has a wider net(pinball, console gaming, arcade gaming, tabletop too) and is a only a weekend, where Expo(just pinball) goes on for several days.

Expo is long to ensure a higher number of room-nights booked which nets the show a hotel discount for the actual event rental.

#468 5 years ago

20180414_002736 (resized).jpg20180414_002736 (resized).jpg

#469 5 years ago
    giphy-1 (resized).pnggiphy-1 (resized).png
    #470 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sorry ladies...my roommate search has ended. I will still answer all of the pms in order though,...all zero of them.
    Room reserved,...so lock up yer daughters, lock up yer wives, lock up yer back door and run for yer lives.

I'll save you a beer, but you better find me early.

#471 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Expo is long to ensure a higher number of room-nights booked which nets the show a hotel discount for the actual event rental.

Between this and what I was told about the almighty banquet, I'm now seeing how the sausage/laws are made.

#472 5 years ago

A must for Expo or Pinball Life party. Pudding wrestling!!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/716360385364333

#473 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

If this is the case, how come so many folks are considering cutting a night out due to policy/procedure of the show format and focus. My guess, and yes its a guess, they are scrambling hard to figure out what will work, against what they want to do for the customers. Yes, customers. If they did what was right for the customers which are no industry types, the show would be more customer focused, and thus more nights. I don't agree they are focused on customer (non industry types) satisfaction at all... Hasn't been for a long time, if ever since for a long long time they were the only show in town, and in the US. Those days are LONG over.

#474 5 years ago
    Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

If this is the case, how come so many folks are considering cutting a night out due to policy/procedure of the show format and focus. My guess, and yes its a guess, they are scrambling hard to figure out what will work, against what they want to do for the customers. Yes, customers. If they did what was right for the customers which are no industry types, the show would be more customer focused, and thus more nights. I don't agree they are focused on customer (non industry types) satisfaction at all... Hasn't been for a long time, if ever since for a long long time they were the only show in town, and in the US. Those days are LONG over.

It's an industry show that non industry people can rub elbows with the elite. It's not the same as the other shows. It shouldn't try to be the same.

#475 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

It's an industry show that non industry people can rub elbows with the elite. It's not the same as the other shows. It shouldn't try to be the same.

Years ago... sure. But now, the "industry" is what... 100 people? That don't need a expo to communicate or find each other anymore... and no "industry" is going there to find other new "industry" people like a traditional tradeshow.

These days it's a hobbyist convention that happens to be in the industry's backyard.

#476 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Years ago... sure. But now, the "industry" is what... 100 people? That don't need a expo to communicate or find each other anymore... and no "industry" is going there to find other new "industry" people like a traditional tradeshow.
    These days it's a hobbyist convention that happens to be in the industry's backyard.

Let's just not have it, then...

#477 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

What is the auction on Saturday? Game auction ?

?????

#478 5 years ago

IAAPA and AMOA are the industry shows imo. Expo used to be but now it's changed into a different type of showing. To myself, it's something we've always done over my entire life so I'll always attend. My kids go to the Shedd, the Sci/Ind museum, Giordano's, Naval Pier etc. There is really only one day of expo for us then a Chicago trip. I usually break away and go see Terry at Pinball Life and that's about it. A few years ago a group of friends came out so we went to pabst brewery and hit a lot of shot and a beer bars in Chicago. The Cubs won it all that year so the local city watering holes all had a buzz around Wrigley.

Guess my point is, I haven't brought games in years. That's not going to change unless there is something that will keep me and the family at the actual show.

Either way I'm excited to be back in Chicago and hope to see everyone who can make it that I've met over the years.

#479 5 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

Supply and demand.

For some of us, Expo is a 5 day party.

#480 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Let's just not have it, then...

Or simply accept it has changed and enjoy it for what it is. A hobbyist show in Chicago with a strong history, huge industry presence, and great anchors like the Stern Tour, Pinball Life party, etc.

#481 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Or simply accept it has changed and enjoy it for what it is. A hobbyist show in Chicago with a strong history, huge industry presence, and great anchors like the Stern Tour, Pinball Life party, etc.

I'm confident it was a joke.
    Now for more interesting facts, Chicago indeed is very 'safe'... 2017 report says its only #25 death city in the US per capita?

https://tinyurl.com/y7zxjo25

Not a bad place to have a show when it comes to the likelihood or NOT of you getting dead by attending.

#484 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Yup, I was going to say the same thing. I expect that Saturday will be impacted at least somewhat by people pulling their games to leave earlier. The fee that they pay for removal is interesting, although having it such a late time is interesting.
    It's the great problem with any show, the final day is tough to attract people to, but if you eliminate it, you just make a new final day and the problem restarts.

Not any show. Some shows. Sunday is huge at other shows.

#486 5 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Not any show. Some shows. Sunday is huge at other shows.

Agreed. RMPS, TPF, NWPS, PAGG, huge on Sunday. That is if you actually have games to play....wtf

#487 5 years ago

better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done. Illinois needs my money more than I do.

#488 5 years ago
    Quoted from weaselfest:

better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done...

https://genius.com/Butthole-surfers-sweat-loaf-lyrics

#489 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

No one needs to be reminded of that pedophile moron.

Story on Randy?

#490 5 years ago

Turns out (s)he was a pedophile moron.....

#491 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Turns out (s)he was a pedophile moron.....

Uggghhhh...Saw him at Expo a couple years ago and definitely seemed a little "odd".

#492 5 years ago

I almost got shot taking this

06002090-F4D6-4B2E-BA54-82CBB3645156 (resized).jpeg06002090-F4D6-4B2E-BA54-82CBB3645156 (resized).jpeg
    #493 5 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

[quoted image]

Yikes, I hope you didn't stop for anything. Who knows what could happen. Get back on 294 and head to Wisconsin where it's safe!

#494 5 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

[quoted image]

which guy was it? the one in the prius? or the bmw?

#495 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

which guy was it? the one in the prius? or the bmw?

They were probably shooting at each other

#496 5 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Keep driving to Canada. I hear it's safer up there. Man you're one lucky guy

#497 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Now it's a party.
    [quoted image]

He is a sexy beast and now you can bring him everywhere you go.
    bangerjay_bobblehead (resized).jpgbangerjay_bobblehead (resized).jpg

Here is where to buy it:
    https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4944

#498 5 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

He is a sexy beast and now you bring him everywhere you go.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4944

LTG : )

#500 5 years ago

Booked my room at the Westin the other day. Staying elsewhere on Wednesday. $428 for Wed. $200/night for thur, fri, sat. What's up with Wed?

There are 1,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2018-reboot-wheeling-il/page/10?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.