Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 611 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mikepin
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4872 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20171012_182441 (resized).jpg
    20171015_175605-1 (2) (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    0DAEE354-8839-4E8F-9A6A-F2AFF1A189DA (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20171014_164834 (resized).jpg
    20171014_120237 (resized).jpg
    poochie_old01 (resized).jpg
    20171013_214054 (resized).jpg
    CannedHeatStorage_CopyrightYourFamilyArkLLC (resized).jpg
    20171013_101426 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0913 (resized).JPG
    20171013_141539 (resized).jpg
    20171013_141534 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Wow! Nice.
    The reason Multimorphic and the PROC custom games won't be at Expo is because when you were finished yelling at the owner of the company at the top of your lungs last year, he very professionally told you he wouldn't be back. He's kept his word, as have many others.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

Calling him to the floor, love it!!!

#136 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

like the years before, I'll be the guy having a good time no matter what. and I'll continue to have fun watching all of the people that I share my 120+ proof whiskey with stagger around and slur (you know who you are

Ooh, watcha got?

#161 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

For what its worth In a meeting with my Partner Rob yesterday HE told me he had read somewhere that Multimorphic had some problems with their system . I dot know where he got it ..sorry for wrong onfo I never said a word about FAST I new they has some personal issues going on

Let me fix this for you. They(Multimorphic) do not have some system issues, they have issues with you and your tirades.

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Let me fix this for you. They(Multimorphic) do not have some system issues, they have issues with you and your tirades.

Aaron,

I am sorry, I was as clear as a Mikepin post. I meant that as Multimorphic, not FAST pinball. My apology to you!

#191 6 years ago

I wasn't going to go, but I can't resist. Friday night for me.

#198 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Any luck getting the vendor list compiled and posted?

Yeah, rub a lamp. He still has J.T. and JPop as past and present Autograph signers.

#217 6 years ago
    Quoted from APB_Enterprises:

Chicago dogs always have onions.

Could you imagine the amount of cash a Chicago Style Hot Dog/Italian Beef food truck would do at Expo? Hotel would never allow it.

#328 6 years ago

Since I am not a Cubs fan, should I go tonight instead of tomorrow night?

#382 6 years ago

Went for about 4 hours last night. I agree with the assessment of the vendor hall, spread out, filled, but filled with machines from JJP and Stern(not a bad thing), but vendors selling project machines, parts, and lots of the other good stuff, GONE. One aisle was basically tables put together to take orders for JJP games. So yeah, while it looks full, it's deceiving.

I thought the FREE PLAY room was decent. Been there years with a lot less, been there years with a whole lot more. Very disappointed with the amount of turned off machines or barely playable junk that was in there. If you are going to bring an EM for the free play room, I would at least appreciate if the flippers were strong enough for a ball to actually hit a target? Some of this shit is brought to get 5 days worth of a wrist band, who cares if it works.

Next year I think we need to start a soap & deodorant booth, because there are a few that were just ripe. There are showers in the rooms and your homes. Use soap as directed!

And lastly to the jerkos playing 4 player games by themselves and swapping between WOZ & Dialed In while my wife and I were patiently waiting for nexts, fuck you.

20171012_205112 (resized).jpg20171012_205112 (resized).jpg

20171012_205114 (resized).jpg20171012_205114 (resized).jpg

#389 6 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Sometimes I get angry enough to feel obliged to bring them to their senses. In this case we read about it and see their picture. Should have spoken up if it bothered you that much.

I was with my wife and I am not subtle about shit like this. If I was there alone, or with buddies, I 100% would have had some common courtesy comments for them both. Being with my wife, I wasn't going to cause a conflict on the floor. I love the fact that my wife wants to participate in my pinball follies, and I don't want to spoil that.

Besides, where else are you going to enjoy homemade hillbilly backwoods Kentucky moonshine apple pie shots with Kitsch!

#392 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Actually free play room was only 114 pinball machines as of midnight. Of those, 24 were turned off and not functional (many of those were off from 6pm when the doors opened).
    Last year i think there were 145 games on thursday at midnight.
    Vendor hall was about 60% capacity of last year.
    Disappointing but also expected.
    I am looking forward to PBLife party

Was that you in the Madison Pinball sweatshirt, shitfaced, walking around with a can of beer in your hand last night?

#396 6 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

could be mistaken but I don't think he drinks beer

Could be one of his cronies? Who wants to admit to it?

#461 6 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

That pen dealer in the dealer hall tho. Really? Pens?

I am going to set a booth next year and sell the Slap-Chop and OxyClean.

#542 6 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

That's my point. The booth vendor should have been there to take care of the 2 "jerkos" for vdojag. I commend him for his restraint in front of his wife, but the show staff should have provided a quick fix to this situation.

vdojag....been called worse! vdojaq stands for Video Jack(back when I was collecting video arcades in the 90's). Video Jag...oh boy, many interpretations there!

I think everyone manning the booth was at the JJP reveal. I disagree here, it is not Expo's/Mike's job to police games in the vendor area. In the freeplay room, sure, have some staff to give patrons a courtesy reminder/warning if they are hogging games.

Even better would be a flyer that could be handed out with every ticket sold with courtesy guidelines of the freeplay games. Just because an entry fee is paid it doesn't give someone the leeway to hog a machine. Courtesy guidelines could be a condition of the entry fee.

#579 6 years ago

Quoted from Pinball Inc's Facebook post:

"We only do 2 out of town shows a year, we've decided that going forward the Texas Pinball Festival will replace the Chicago Expo. The people who organize the vendors at the TPF are very accommodating to and appreciative of their vendors. Most important they treat their vendors with respect. We hope to see many of you at that show next March."

Well if that isn't a damning statement towards Expo, I don't know what is.

#581 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

The stevenson convention center is very scalable, I'm guessing reasonably priced based on the type of shows hosted there, and literally a block away from the train that can take you all the way downtown so you're not necessarily stuck at a show if you didn't rent a car

Union costs would kill it. Unless you want $100 per person, per day tickets.

#583 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinFun:

Did Gene ever go back?

Never

#585 6 years ago

I would have to think the Schaumburg area would be the prime place for a rival "Expo" or even Arlington Park Racetrack would rock.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2017-updates?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.