Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 611 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mikepin
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4872 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20171012_182441 (resized).jpg
    20171015_175605-1 (2) (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    0DAEE354-8839-4E8F-9A6A-F2AFF1A189DA (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20171014_164834 (resized).jpg
    20171014_120237 (resized).jpg
    poochie_old01 (resized).jpg
    20171013_214054 (resized).jpg
    CannedHeatStorage_CopyrightYourFamilyArkLLC (resized).jpg
    20171013_101426 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0913 (resized).JPG
    20171013_141539 (resized).jpg
    20171013_141534 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sugarhillabe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#454 6 years ago

Went to Expo for about 7 hours yesterday. Had a great time. I think the vendor hall overall was comparable last year but notably missing were some of the homebrew games (Buffy, Doom, etc.) and any representation by Spooky. Houdini looked awesome, had brief discussions with Josh and John and they couldn't have been nicer. New PotC was nice, lines between it and Houdini were the longest while I was there, but lots of decent games to play in the vendor area.

Free play seemed a little more empty than from last year, but still a lot of good games to choose from (at least 2 Monster Bash, Tron, very nice Creature), so wasn't a big drop.

Biggest thing for me, other than getting to play Houdini (badly, sadly), was finally able to play TBL. I know a lot of people get bashed on here for pre-ordering, but seriously, after playing it (and having it work until my buddy shot a ball off the left ramp and unretrievable into a non-playable area, and also knowing that this was likely an older version and not built by the new vendor), I understand why people were so psyched about it. I had a blast playing it, and if I didn't know the history, etc., I would be tempted to buy it, and I'm not even a huge fan of the theme.

All in all, I'm glad this remains a yearly option for me to visit and try out a lot of games that may not generally be available to play, and I appreciate all the hard work that is involved for everyone who is a part of the process, from those who run it to those who bring their games and let us try them out for free. No negatives for me, and hopefully I'll be able to make it again next year!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sugarhillabe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2017-updates?tu=sugarhillabe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.