Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 611 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mikepin
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4872 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20171012_182441 (resized).jpg
    20171015_175605-1 (2) (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    0DAEE354-8839-4E8F-9A6A-F2AFF1A189DA (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20171014_164834 (resized).jpg
    20171014_120237 (resized).jpg
    poochie_old01 (resized).jpg
    20171013_214054 (resized).jpg
    CannedHeatStorage_CopyrightYourFamilyArkLLC (resized).jpg
    20171013_101426 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0913 (resized).JPG
    20171013_141539 (resized).jpg
    20171013_141534 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider starfighter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 6 years ago

I just filled in a square on my Expo Bingo card!

1 week later
    #465 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Unfortunately not all were on, and some of those that were couldn’t be coined up. Cmon folks, they don’t do any good sitting there, now if they broke while there, I get it. But sometimes one wonders if they’re there just to get a free wristband.

Yep total BS move by the dude that brought 5 machines to the back row of Free Play and left them wrapped and strapped for 2 days so he could get wristbands. It was a blatant slap in the face to everyone who made the effort to keep their games running throughout the show.

#528 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

And then, what happens anyway? A bunch of people walk around to make sure people aren't starting two player games, or are always checking for people behind them, or are not chimp flipping, or whatever you want to check for, and... Not just is this nearly impossible to actually police, what do you do if you catch someone screwing up?

When I volunteer at the arcade we tell every visitor as we wristband them:
    "if you have a problem with a machine let me know and I'll take care of it"
    "if you can't get on a machine because of a ball hog, let me know and I'll take care of it"
    We also patrol the floor for trash, unruly guests and abandoned games. It's a simple system that works.

#531 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

My experience of it not being so simple comes from a lot of different experiences. If anyone thinks that you have a perfect system, that's great and I hope it is. I, through running shows, arcades, and amusement parks, have found absolutely nothing that works perfectly, especially for the challenges described.

I have no experience in running a show, that's your gig.
    My point is that the public feels better with gameroom attendant and if the free play area doesn't have one then the risk of creating a wild west atmosphere grows.

#533 6 years ago

You could have a few security personnel walking around as well. I didn't see any security at expo this year. They may have been there and I just missed them.

#535 6 years ago

That's my point. The booth vendor should have been there to take care of the 2 "jerkos" for vdojag. I commend him for his restraint in front of his wife, but the show staff should have provided a quick fix to this situation.

#537 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Now, I don't know, because sadly, I didn't make it to Expo since my only free time this year lined up perfectly with the time that Expo wasn't open at all, so I ran down and popped in at Pinball Life for a bit and then had to head back up.
    But was there not security at the entry doors for Expo? If this was a huge thing, they could have been got.
    Expo is SO LONG and open SO MANY HOURS that hiring a few roaming security guards for the event becomes quickly cost prohibitive.
    As for why the vendor didn't say anything, they may not have been there at the time.
    Was something said to them is my big question? Because if there was, and there was 10 people waiting or something like that, I can't imagine they just sat there playing out their games. And if they were allowed to do so, that's when you go speak to someone. No show can properly police every game at every minute.

The wristband door checkers were there and they had a guy patrolling on a red scooter

#550 6 years ago

In case any one blew thru the I-pass tolls like me, you can go to illinoistollway.com and pay within 7 days from the first violation. However, according to the website they can't search by vehicle plate for at least two weeks so your best bet is to use the trip calculator and let the site compute the tolls.

It's a horrible interface, but at least you'll avoid the fines.

#578 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Many people are already making decisions, should I go to TPF or Expo, and with the decline of expo, its making the choice easy for them.

This topic was raised in more than a few conversations among some of the attendees this year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider starfighter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2017-updates?tu=starfighter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.