Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 611 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mikepin
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4872 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20171012_182441 (resized).jpg
    20171015_175605-1 (2) (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    0DAEE354-8839-4E8F-9A6A-F2AFF1A189DA (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20171014_164834 (resized).jpg
    20171014_120237 (resized).jpg
    poochie_old01 (resized).jpg
    20171013_214054 (resized).jpg
    CannedHeatStorage_CopyrightYourFamilyArkLLC (resized).jpg
    20171013_101426 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0913 (resized).JPG
    20171013_141539 (resized).jpg
    20171013_141534 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

LTG : )

#39 6 years ago

Expo mugs artwork.

DSC00348 (resized).JPGDSC00348 (resized).JPG

DSC00349 (resized).JPGDSC00349 (resized).JPG

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Tough hours for a one-man-operation. I'm out again... I so want to set up at the show one year but I don't see how I could cover all that time.

Contact Mike and see if you could get a booth, but only man it X amount of hours each day instead of all the hours.

#101 6 years ago
    Quoted from Djsandoz:

I'm coming up Thursday only need to get a pass for stern tour and vendor hall do I got to pre pay or can I get the stern pass that morning?

You might contact them off the website. pinballexpo.com , the buses leaver very early for the Stern tour and I don't know if the front tables are open yet to sell passes and stuff.

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Damn what to do, what to do...

Go to Expo when you can.

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I'm only going to be able to attend expo on Thursday evening. Anyone know what admission for that will cost? Mainly want to attend the jjp seminar and look around a bit.

Go over the website, pinballexpo.com or email them off of there for answers.

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Again all you Monday morning quarterbacks that have never run a show just don't have a clue or concept of what it's all about. There's a lot more to this than just cashing checks and taking people's money.

I would not want to be Mike during Expo. Every second you have a lot of people clamoring for needs, add in every time he turns around the hotel, police, or fire marshal want to get on his case about something. And who knows what else.

Anyone that sees him there, please consider thanking him for making the 33rd Expo happen.

#139 6 years ago
    Quoted from conester:

What kind of cost would be associated with replacing two chips and testing the cpu to make sure it's all good?

Email him to be sure he sees it. [email protected]

There is a chance there is more damage there tan you can see. So it might be hard to estimate cost.

#169 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

Instead of getting Mugged, can you get Yelled?

Please don't do that shit.

Lloyd

1 week later
    #256 6 years ago

Tomorrow I'll be there !

2017mugs (resized).JPG2017mugs (resized).JPG

#261 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Was just going to say that, there is no attendant, and not machine to take coins, so IPass only there

They'll mail you a ticket for the amount.

#284 6 years ago

They posted about that. Next year at TPF.

They will have games at Expo.

#567 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Talk about the chickens coming home to roost now. It's past the tipping point it seems.

I doubt it. Expo survived the change from an industry show to more of a hobby/collector show.

Give it time. And Mike is always the one to hold out the olive branch. Look how many times Mike tried to get Gene from Illinois Pin Ball back. And their differences went deeper than Expo.

And with the continuing growth of pinball. Expo will be there.

#569 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I was told there is a decent chance of a competing show next year. If that happens, then I think expo is genuinely in trouble.

If it happens. They will beat each other up and a good chance they both die.

I've seen it happen with competing businesses.

LTG : (

#573 6 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

not if it's particularly one-sided

The one sided one will be bleeding the most money. Giving the other a better chance at survival.

And I can't wait to see the flame fest here when this splits attendees and even friends. This could really hurt pinball as a whole.

LTG : (

#588 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

it could also realy help pinball as a whole

Not likely. A new, competing show could take years to grow and evolve. TPF didn't happen over night.

A new show isn't likely to get the majority of the manufacturers there, a Stern tour, all the old heads for seminars or autograph session. More likely end up with something like Pinball Life's party over an extra day.

Check with Gabe and Pintastic, how much money they lost the first year.

In 33 years, nothing has popped up to give Expo a run for it's money. With the possible exception of Gene's show which didn't even make the map. Shows come and go, yet Expo remains.

It's one thing to sit around having a beer. And complain about Expo. And how many could do better. But when you attempt it. You are in for a lot of hard work, way more expenses than you thought. Less people that will help as compared to how many offered to help. And even if you run the perfect show, you'll find people bitching about it and the organizers too.

LTG

#591 6 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

That was more true in the past because they had a built-in advantage of location.

I do apologize for not being clearer.

When I wrote nothing has popped up to give Expo a run for it's money. I meant in the Chicago area, where the subject of a competing show was brought up, at the same time.

I wasn't referring to other shows or parts of the world.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2017-updates?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.