Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 611 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mikepin
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4872 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20171012_182441 (resized).jpg
    20171015_175605-1 (2) (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    0DAEE354-8839-4E8F-9A6A-F2AFF1A189DA (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20171014_164834 (resized).jpg
    20171014_120237 (resized).jpg
    poochie_old01 (resized).jpg
    20171013_214054 (resized).jpg
    CannedHeatStorage_CopyrightYourFamilyArkLLC (resized).jpg
    20171013_101426 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0913 (resized).JPG
    20171013_141539 (resized).jpg
    20171013_141534 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomGWI.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

we add more rooms all the time At this point we have a record amount of rooms Spooky has never been an official vendor at expo Someone has always brought their games I hope someone does Yes its a shame Spooky does not feel its to their benfit as well to have it there ALOT do not go to Pinball life I have asked him to bring one

Really. I remember Seeing Charlie at his booth at Expo and a bunch of us playing Dominos.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Wasn't a spooky specific booth, he was sharing space with someone else who had a booth.

Ahh, that makes sense.

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

So, how is that vendor list coming along?

Looks like we will find out next Thursday.

#148 6 years ago

Nevermind. Not even worth discussing.

1 week later
    #453 6 years ago

I had a great time Thursday and Friday. Thanks to all who brought games from the free play area to vendors and companies that make Pinballs, all the vendors, expo staff, ExpoBrawl staff. No reason for anyone to complain. It was my 8th or 9th Expo and I had just as good of a time as my first.

#519 6 years ago
    Quoted from DrScoops:

Was there a tournament at expo? I have looked for results/ a stream an have come up empty.

http://tinyurl.com/flipout-2017-A

Link to bracket above

#592 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

No responses, I'll take that as a good sign. I could never tolerate the stress levels he must endure to pull off that show.

A modest proposal: An AI controlled drone with facial recognition could be employed to track how long someone is at each game, and whether anyone is waiting to play. As pundits are worried about AI "taking over" using advanced intelligence someday, surely it is possible to make these drones smart enough to discern whether a game is multiplayer and that anyone waiting is simply waiting their turn. If an infringement is taking place, the drone could deploy a banner with chasing lights that reads "GAME HOG!" or somesuch. If this embarrassment fails to make the violator modify his behavior, it could escalate the countermeasures, perhaps with a bright spotlight in the player's face to render him unable to see well enough to play. A player could keep playing in defiance of that however, probably not well but just in spite, so at this point the drone would have no option but to render the perpetrator unable to continue with a paralyzing dart. When the miscreant awakens to find other players standing above and around him playing the game, it is hoped he will realize the error of his ways and meekly inquire as to whether he can join the current player in the next game, but please, allow him get some paper towels to mop this up in the meantime.

Saw him a few times going around. Seemed fine to me as long as you got out often way of his scooter.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomGWI.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2017-updates?tu=TomGWI and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.