2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 611 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mikepin
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 72 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4872 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20171012_182441 (resized).jpg
    20171015_175605-1 (2) (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    0DAEE354-8839-4E8F-9A6A-F2AFF1A189DA (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20171014_164834 (resized).jpg
    20171014_120237 (resized).jpg
    poochie_old01 (resized).jpg
    20171013_214054 (resized).jpg
    CannedHeatStorage_CopyrightYourFamilyArkLLC (resized).jpg
    20171013_101426 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0913 (resized).JPG
    20171013_141539 (resized).jpg
    20171013_141534 (resized).jpg

There are 611 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.
    #251 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

I need a pro tip. I’m renting a car to get to/from airport a few times and to/from the Pinball life party. Tell me about these toll roads I see on my google maps. Do they all take cash? Some rental cars have a crazy fee to cover daily tolls. (Something like $20 a day) Do you suggest that?
    Thanks. Can’t wait to meet a bunch of you!

What you'd really want is a rental car that includes an Ipass and they just bill you for what you use -- do they not do that in Chicago? Other places I've rented cars with toll roads (like Florida) do.

#252 2 years ago

All of the rental cars I've had in Chicago offer an IPass transponder for a set fee/day, IIRC, about $10.00/day.

Most Toll Plazas accept cash (IPass holders pay half the cash toll. Some plazas/interchanges are IPass only. The Pinball Life/Huntley interchange is IPass only. If you go through without a transponder or registered plate, you'll pay double the toll plus a Ticketmaster-esque "processing fee".

Get the transponder in the rental car. It's only money and electronic toll collection is fast and CONvenient....

I never look closely with rental cars as its not my money. For my personal vehicles, I have a Transponder.

#253 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

I need a pro tip. I’m renting a car to get to/from airport a few times and to/from the Pinball life party. Tell me about these toll roads I see on my google maps. Do they all take cash? Some rental cars have a crazy fee to cover daily tolls. (Something like $20 a day) Do you suggest that?
    Thanks. Can’t wait to meet a bunch of you!

Welcome to Chicago, where you'll probably be taxed on the air you breathe.

#254 2 years ago

Free play room filling up fast. 20 games and growing. Clays repair room even has a game in it. Try to guess what it is.

1011171327a (resized).jpg

#255 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Most Toll Plazas accept cash

NOTE: The exit by pinball life DOES NOT - it's ipass only.

#256 2 years ago

Tomorrow I'll be there !

LTG : )

2017mugs (resized).JPG

#257 2 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Was just going to say that, there is no attendant, and not machine to take coins, so IPass only there

#258 2 years ago

Definitely get an ipass in car if travelling toll roads. Will save you time and traffic hassle of lane changes to make the cash lanes.

#259 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Tomorrow I'll be there !

I need a new mug, my old one is wearing out

#260 2 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

THAT is the exit that screwed me! Next exit is nowhere near and I didn't know it was iPass only until I saw the sign, said screw it and went through.

#261 2 years ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

Was just going to say that, there is no attendant, and not machine to take coins, so IPass only there

They'll mail you a ticket for the amount.

#262 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

They'll mail you a ticket for the amount.

They'll ticket you the toll plus 50 dollars each "offense" of driving through the toll without having an Ipass.

#263 2 years ago
    Quoted from MXV:

They'll ticket you the toll plus 50 dollars each "offense" of driving through the toll without having an Ipass.

Don't they have a '7 days to pay online' thing you can do if you end up having to run one? It's full cash price (if that applies) but not the +$50

#265 2 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Don't they have a '7 days to pay online' thing you can do if you end up having to run one? It's full cash price (if that applies) but not the +$50

Yes, you just go online and say which exit you went thru and pay there. It's fairly simple if you pay attention.

#266 2 years ago

I highly recommend "The Shuttle" travel in luxury & style

#267 2 years ago

Yes, hook up with Josh in the ambulance for a ride to PBL. He's a righteous dude!

#268 2 years ago
    Quoted from MXV:

You could pay online after the fact but would need the plate number on the rental car and some have out of state plates from time to time. Also the ticket would be mailed to the rental company then they would probably sock you with a big fee on top of it so would be better to just pay the rental company 10 or 20 bucks and be done with it.

#269 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Going to need to sell some JJP#4 to help finance my ColorDMD habits.
    here is my new tagline...
    "Want to get as close as you can to the designer of JJP#4? Purchase a game from KingPin Games, JJP Distributor and brother of the Lead Designer Eric."
    it might need some wording work, but you get the point.
    So excited for tomorrows reveal!

Put in that they can play against the dynamic duo on WOZ or TH and get their assess handed to them.

#270 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

All of the rental cars I've had in Chicago offer an IPass transponder for a set fee/day, IIRC, about $10.00/day.
    Most Toll Plazas accept cash (IPass holders pay half the cash toll. Some plazas/interchanges are IPass only. The Pinball Life/Huntley interchange is IPass only. If you go through without a transponder or registered plate, you'll pay double the toll plus a Ticketmaster-esque "processing fee".
    Get the transponder in the rental car. It's only money and electronic toll collection is fast and CONvenient....
    I never look closely with rental cars as its not my money. For my personal vehicles, I have a Transponder.

This is REAL TALK. I always want to mention this, but forget every year.

#271 2 years ago

Just got my alert....

Screenshot_20171011-175018 (resized).png

#272 2 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Yes, I mentioned that the Pinball Life / Huntley interchange is IPass only in the next sentence.

#273 2 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Clays repair room even has a game in it. Try to guess what it is.

Is it too soon to say the "P-word"?

#274 2 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Godzilla is mine. WCS is another guy.

Can you post a preview of WCS please.

#275 2 years ago

Some friends and I are looking to come Saturday. Not sure if there will be less people in the free play during the day or at night.

If at night - do we have to buy beer from the bar? Or do they not care about bringing booze in like any other hotel?

#277 2 years ago

Free play room as of 430pm. Filling up fast.

received_10210371526105182 (resized).jpeg

received_10210371526225185 (resized).jpeg

received_10210371525945178 (resized).jpeg

received_10210371526065181 (resized).jpeg

received_10210371526185184 (resized).jpeg

received_10210371525865176 (resized).jpeg

received_10210371526265186 (resized).jpeg

#278 2 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Can you post a preview of WCS please.

I didn’t work on that one, so I don’t have the files to make screenshots. That’d be up to Randy or Brandon. Or check it out at expo!

#279 2 years ago

Cincy league represent!! Have fun everyone!

#280 2 years ago

We will do a formal release with pics and preview videos prior to release. No objection to any any pics/vids from Expo.

#281 2 years ago

We will not be attending Expo this year. However, from now until Sunday at midnight (10/15/17), you can use the coupon code: EXPO17 at checkout and save 25% on your entire order. The 25% off is good on any and ALL of our PINBALL RELATED products... such as MODs, coin door price plates, slingshot and return lane protector sets, etc.

Below is a link to our Pinball related pages:
    http://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/1951.htm

Hope everyone has a great time at EXPO '17 ~ safe travels!!

#282 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Ok, How can I stream the presentations?

A few years ago someone, I think named Jared, but haven't seen his avatar in a long time, streamed the seminars from his iPhone. I can't make it to the show, but would love to see footage. Maybe, Mike can make a Youtube channel and make money from the views.

Wondering the same thing. I've got the JJP live stream game reveal link and friend coming over to watch it.

I'd like to see more of the show(seminars or other game reveals) and haven't been able to make it the last three years. Anyone else doing lives streams??
    Suprised there is not more of this for the seminars and new games

#283 2 years ago

Is JJP the only reveal? CGC maybe?

#284 2 years ago

They posted about that. Next year at TPF.

They will have games at Expo.

#286 2 years ago

Cubs/Nationals game 5 tomorrow at 7. Could put a slight dent in the attendance early on.

#288 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

They posted about that. Next year at TPF.
    They will have games at Expo.

Anything from Stern this year?

#289 2 years ago

First expo....free buffet......full room of super cool people.......On the contrary not the worst show ever..... and I picked up a Stargazer

20171011_203332 (resized).jpg

20171011_203353 (resized).jpg

20171011_172758 (resized).jpg

#290 2 years ago

Thank you all for sharing the pictures of the show! Someday I will attend.

#291 2 years ago

P-ROCs IN DA HOUSE!!

IMG_0051 (resized).JPG

#292 2 years ago

I have $60 worth of toll fines to pay from Iron Maiden/buying Sinbad from Dancanz last June. Yes you have 7 days but what if you DONT KNOW YOU MISSED THEM? I saw y'all discussing this and am curious...can I buy an el-cheapo Ipass? And where would I buy this at? Any help appreciated.

#293 2 years ago

Can anyone playing Batman 66 post what the code level is please?

#294 2 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

do we have to buy beer from the bar? Or do they not care about bringing booze in like any other hotel?

My favorite thing about Expo dudah...you can absolutely bring yer own. All the other shows you have to buy theirs/covert ops. That's what makes Expo the best!
    Just loaded up 4 cases myself. And no you can't have any.

#295 2 years ago

Stern factory tour being streamed this year?

#296 2 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I didn’t work on that one, so I don’t have the files to make screenshots. That’d be up to Randy or Brandon. Or check it out at expo!

I won't make it this year.

#297 2 years ago

Heading down on Saturday...and leaving the kids at home for a change. Can't wait.

One of these years, I'll spend the weekend and really let loose with my fellow pinsiders.

#298 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

can I buy an el-cheapo Ipass? And where would I buy this at? Any help appreciated.

Besides the DMV, can usually buy transponders at any Jewel grocery store (there is literally one next to pinball life). However I think it's a $25 deposit. It works in indiana too, not sure if you can buy one out of state?

#299 2 years ago

Stern doesn't allow videos/pics any more unless they take them, so probably not.

Quoted from orangestorm87:

Stern factory tour being streamed this year?

#300 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I have $60 worth of toll fines to pay from Iron Maiden/buying Sinbad from Dancanz last June. Yes you have 7 days but what if you DONT KNOW YOU MISSED THEM? I saw y'all discussing this and am curious...can I buy an el-cheapo Ipass? And where would I buy this at? Any help appreciated.

Bro go to CVS and they should have the IPASS. Call ahead to ensure they have them but I think it was $10 and part of that was preloaded for use. Attach a credit card to your profile and never worry again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 25.50
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 135.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 64.95
    $ 289.00
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 10.00
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    There are 611 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside