Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 611 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mikepin
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4872 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20171012_182441 (resized).jpg
    20171015_175605-1 (2) (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    0DAEE354-8839-4E8F-9A6A-F2AFF1A189DA (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20171014_164834 (resized).jpg
    20171014_120237 (resized).jpg
    poochie_old01 (resized).jpg
    20171013_214054 (resized).jpg
    CannedHeatStorage_CopyrightYourFamilyArkLLC (resized).jpg
    20171013_101426 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0913 (resized).JPG
    20171013_141539 (resized).jpg
    20171013_141534 (resized).jpg
    There are 611 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.
    #201 6 years ago

Just curious. This is to the vendors who are not showing up because Mike is a Dick. Is that a statement towards Mike or is it a statement that you do not do enough business at the show to justify your time at Expo. Because for me (not speaking for anyone else). Ben Franklins > Mike the Dick.

#202 6 years ago

I have never posted a vendor list I will post tomorrow what I have so far I make deals last minute always every year we loose a few and gain a few .. ROB anthony agreed to come only if I paid for his hotel room and gave him free space. I know not all showws do that for him I have gave him free space for years yes he fixed a few things here and there I do believe he made good money there so not sure who looses here.

#204 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I have never posted a vendor list I will post tomorrow what I have so far I make deals last minute always every year we loose a few and gain a few .. ROB anthony agreed to come only if I paid for his hotel room and gave him free space. I know not all showws do that for him I have gave him free space for years yes he fixed a few things here and there I do believe he made good money there so not sure who looses here.

You do Mike, Rob does not need expo, he likes going to shows and helping people. He was traveling halfway across the country when he did not need to. He could work on boards at home and make as much without the expenses or hassle.

#205 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

... ROB anthony agreed to come only if I paid for his hotel room and gave him free space...

No, Rob Anthony never agreed to set up at Expo this year. He told you no, every time you asked. From the day he told you he was done at last year's Expo, the answer has been no. Yet you kept asking.

My EXACT words to you when you asked what you had to do to get me there...
    "All the shows that I do now cover my room Mike. I wouldn't ask, because I know that's not something you would do."

I never said I'd do the show, even after you said you'd cover my room, my reply was for you to have the other guy you told me about to do it.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#206 6 years ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

Just curious. This is to the vendors who are not showing up because Mike is a Dick. Is that a statement towards Mike or is it a statement that you do not do enough business at the show to justify your time at Expo. Because for me (not speaking for anyone else). Ben Franklins > Mike the Dick.

It's both. I'm not saying there's no amount of BFs that would make it worth dealing with Mike. But with the massive decline of Expo for the last few years it becomes less and less worth the EXTREME aggravation to deal with Mike's abuse.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#207 6 years ago

Gonna missing hanging in your room with Lloyd this year Rob!

#208 6 years ago

Me too! It evolved into a great place to hang and BS with folks for a bit.

Definitely sad that it's gone this year.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#209 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Gonna missing hanging in your room with Lloyd this year Rob!

cfh is awesome to hang with too.
    Bring White Castle sliders, coney dogs or Chicago dogs (with onions) and Little Caesars five buck pepperoni pizzas.

#210 6 years ago

"It's both. I'm not saying there's no amount of BFs that would make it worth dealing with Mike. But with the massive decline of Expo for the last few years it becomes less and less worth the EXTREME aggravation to deal with Mike's abuse."

Thanks Rob. I always enjoyed going into your area at Expo. I am usually at the tournament era and did not realize the decline at Expo.

Mark Salas

#211 6 years ago

Expo has always been a fun time for me. I make it a point to mingle in all areas of expo instead of staying in just one spot. Expo is the event where the pinball world meets up at.

#212 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Chicago dogs (with onions)

Chicago dogs always have onions.

viennabeef_graphic (resized).jpgviennabeef_graphic (resized).jpg

#213 6 years ago

-redacted-

Already stated by Dan (and Aaron) previously...

BTW Aaron - SOOOO glad you took over that part. I remember that first year we had the tent and the FM showed up asking for all types of things last minute. I had no idea how to make any of it happen so I just started writing down the list. I just happened to be the "MGC guy" on site at the time...

Looking forward to all the "fun" this year!!!

Keith

#214 6 years ago
    Quoted from APB_Enterprises:

Agreed. Very familiar with the various Chicago dogs including the Vienna beef version you pictured. Will make a Gene & Jude's run (or two) during Expo. Just mentioned it since CFH loves to bitch at me when I bring coney dogs to the VFW as he hates the stench from onions.

#215 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

The audience and people paying to attend Expo has shifted (like the whole of pinball world has) but nothing has been done to really evolve the show.
    Outside of that, it is the same problem every year after Expo and that has not changed.
    If it was not for JJP#4 (and my desire to support Eric by being there) combined with my plans to already pick up games in the parking lot, then I would not be going at all.
    Honestly Mikes need to thank JJP big time for this year as that game #4 will be responsible for a good chunck of ticket sales.
    Aside form that he should be thankful for PBLife. That is also getting many people into town.
    It is clear that many people are only coming this year to see those few things and see some buddies they only see 1 or 2x per year.

100% agree on everything you just said.

#216 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

Funny when I said this as a new person I was down voted repeatedly, Rob or Scott says it and it's all up voted all the time, typical clanish pinside behavior.

Try saying something negative about Spooky. If the mob doesn't get you, the moderators sure will!

#217 6 years ago
    Quoted from APB_Enterprises:

Could you imagine the amount of cash a Chicago Style Hot Dog/Italian Beef food truck would do at Expo? Hotel would never allow it.

#218 6 years ago

Just caught my eye. From the schedule...

5:00 p.m. "Those Good Old Days at Williams" Speakers: Larry DeMar, Steve Ritchie, Ken Fedesna, Mike Stroll and Eugene Jarvis

6:00 p.m. "Dutch Pinball Update" Speakers: Jaap Nauta & Barry Driessen

7:00 p.m.

Why isn't this something like...

5:00
    6:45
    7:00

I wonder.

#219 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Yes, but the inevitable result of year after year of continuing issues... Enjoy your time of less stress and chaos. Go visit some key customers where it's warm out! Looking forward to seeing you in the spring, buddy.

Oh yea, bring Rob with you too.

Jaz

#220 6 years ago

This will be VPcabs 4th year as an Expo vendor. Mike has gone out of his way to accommodate us a couple times. He has never given us any trouble. I hope the show continues to be profitable for us. We enjoy coming.

#221 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

Are you sure it's gone? I read it's there on the internet just now so it must be true....

20171010_074509 (resized).jpg20171010_074509 (resized).jpg

#222 6 years ago

As far as is it worth it for vendors ... I'll just say that I made a lot of purchases either at last years expo, or later as a result of seeing what the vendors had to offer. Some "delayed" sales are a result from the exposure at the show and seeing the products "in-person". We look forward to seeing what vendors have to offer this year.

#223 6 years ago

Out of towners, come & get it during Expo week.

Machine - For Sale
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “I live about a mile off the highway between Expo and Pinball Life. Walkout basement for easy load-out. You can arrange to stop by my house during Expo week. But please don't cut in...”
    2017-10-10
    West Dundee, IL
    5,000 (Firm)
    Archived after: 42 days
    Viewed: 662 times

#224 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Are you sure it's gone? I read it's there on the internet just now so it must be true....

Lol, gonna be some disappointed people due to Mike's lies.

#225 6 years ago

Ok, I read three pages in and can't take it any longer between the bickering to see if anyone else asked. How can I stream the presentations? A few years ago someone, I think named Jared, but haven't seen his avatar in a long time, streamed the seminars from his iPhone. I can't make it to the show, but would love to see footage. Maybe, Mike can make a Youtube channel and make money from the views.

#227 6 years ago

Apparently gravitar will he happy that Rob isn't at expo. The rest of us won't be. With all the down vote stalking he's doing, I think he's got a crush on me.

#228 6 years ago

Packed and on the road. 12 hours to go.

D60DC73F-3D5C-42C3-B06A-8003D737A8F7 (resized).jpegD60DC73F-3D5C-42C3-B06A-8003D737A8F7 (resized).jpeg

#229 6 years ago

2017 COLORDMD PINBALL EXPO PREVIEW!

ColorDMD is excited to announce that,in addition to the long-awaited release for STAR TREK pinball machines, we will also preview two additional titles: WORLD CUP SOCCER and GODZILLA, both currently in beta and targeted for formal release later this month (release dates to be announced).

We hope you can join us for this exciting triple preview! Thank you to Chris Gray and Scott Weir for exhibiting displays for this event!

ExpoPreview (resized).pngExpoPreview (resized).png

#230 6 years ago

Oooooh I bet Godzilla is going to look awesome! That's sort of like betting the sun will rise tomorrow but still excited to see it.

#231 6 years ago

I’m going to try to do some other streaming from Expo as well on the Buffalo Pinball channel. Nothing confirmed beyond the JJP reveal tomorrow and the Pin Stadium stream Saturday morning but will try to fit some stuff in around that and playing in the tournament etc.

#232 6 years ago

Godzilla color dmd pic looks awesome!

#233 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Godzilla color dmd pic looks awesome!

cant wait to see it in person!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for doing this one!

now get BW screen size so somebody can do that one

#234 6 years ago

Definately a highlight of EXPO 2017 - ColorDMD and 3 awesome titles. Well done!

#235 6 years ago

A big thank you to Scott Weir for bringing his Godzilla to the show so we could demo the color on it!

Some extra Godzilla shots for the hype train:

nuke (resized).pngnuke (resized).png

taxi (resized).pngtaxi (resized).png

baby_dinos (resized).pngbaby_dinos (resized).png

eye (resized).pngeye (resized).png

#236 6 years ago

Cold wet day of moving pins

20171011_082400 (resized).jpg20171011_082400 (resized).jpg

#237 6 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Definately a highlight of EXPO 2017 - ColorDMD and 3 awesome titles. Well done!

With a triple reveal like this (especially Star Trek), i am left wondering why the ColorDMD guys are not going to have any panels for sale at the show. It was pre-order only and by last Thursday. I would have picked up a panel for myself and a couple more for clients with those games had i know then were going to be released. I guess i can still order them in batches of 3 if ColorDMD is still doing the buy 3 get free shipping deal.

Images look great, as usual.

Going to need to sell some JJP#4 to help finance my ColorDMD habits.

here is my new tagline...

"Want to get as close as you can to the designer of JJP#4? Purchase a game from KingPin Games, JJP Distributor and brother of the Lead Designer Eric."

it might need some wording work, but you get the point.

So excited for tomorrows reveal!

#238 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

With a triple reveal like this (especially Star Trek), i am left wondering why the ColorDMD guys are not going to have any panels for sale at the show.

Randy's a one man show at Expo, so setting up some way to take money/do sales, and secure a bunch of expensive inventory in the booth isn't really a good time.

#239 6 years ago

But you would think that there would potentially be some other vendors with ColorDMDs available at shows. I've been to 3 shows (RMPS x2, and TPF) and have never seen 1 ColorDMD available. A coupon code for free shipping if purchased during the show is about it.

#240 6 years ago
    Quoted from ScottyC:

But you would think that there would potentially be some other vendors with ColorDMDs available at shows. I've been to 3 shows (RMPS x2, and TPF) and have never seen 1 ColorDMD available. A coupon code for free shipping if purchased during the show is about it.

Free shipping makes it just the same as if you bought it at the show, doesn't it? But you don't have to haul it around, or possibly carry it back on a plane. Seems like a win/win.

#241 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Free shipping makes it just the same as if you bought it at the show, doesn't it? But you don't have to haul it around, or possibly carry it back on a plane. Seems like a win/win.

It's like yes I have the cash burning a hole in my pocket and want to put it in tonight after seeing it in person, but oh..I have to wait 3-5 days for it to get to me(assuming it's in stock). I agree though it is nice to have the free shipping option available.

#242 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Randy's a one man show at Expo, so setting up some way to take money/do sales, and secure a bunch of expensive inventory in the booth isn't really a good time.

I completely understand. Setting up for shows is time consuming, expensive and actually sitting at the shows can be (sometimes) boring. Just an observation, nothing more.

Is this more of your work Eric?

#243 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

I completely understand. Setting up for shows is time consuming, expensive and actually sitting at the shows can be (sometimes) boring. Just an observation, nothing more.
    Is this more of your work Eric?

Godzilla is mine. WCS is another guy.

#244 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Godzilla is mine. WCS is another guy.

"We are not worthy"

Jaz

#245 6 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

Cold wet day of moving pins

It's pretty warm in the bar at the airport

IMG_4834 (resized).JPGIMG_4834 (resized).JPG

#246 6 years ago

I have never been to the EXPO. Can I just show up with a credit card if I wanted to buy a game or do I need cash?

#247 6 years ago
    Quoted from brody:

I have never been to the EXPO. Can I just show up with a credit card if I wanted to buy a game or do I need cash?

Maybe some of the distributors at the show would take a card, but most things would be games people brought and they'd prefer cash.

#248 6 years ago
    Quoted from brody:

Unless your buying a new in box pin, I doubt anyone would take credit. And even the dealers that sell NIB, they will have you pay approx. 4% more just to use the card

#249 6 years ago

Ca$h is king.

You need cash (Maybe a check?) to get into Expo.

#250 6 years ago

I need a pro tip. I’m renting a car to get to/from airport a few times and to/from the Pinball life party. Tell me about these toll roads I see on my google maps. Do they all take cash? Some rental cars have a crazy fee to cover daily tolls. (Something like $20 a day) Do you suggest that?
    Thanks. Can’t wait to meet a bunch of you!

There are 611 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2017-updates/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.