Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 611 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mikepin
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4872 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20171012_182441 (resized).jpg
    20171015_175605-1 (2) (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    0DAEE354-8839-4E8F-9A6A-F2AFF1A189DA (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20171014_164834 (resized).jpg
    20171014_120237 (resized).jpg
    poochie_old01 (resized).jpg
    20171013_214054 (resized).jpg
    CannedHeatStorage_CopyrightYourFamilyArkLLC (resized).jpg
    20171013_101426 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0913 (resized).JPG
    20171013_141539 (resized).jpg
    20171013_141534 (resized).jpg
    There are 611 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.
    #1 6 years ago

WELCOME TO THE 33rd ANNUAL PINBALL EXPO

Greetings!

WE WANT YOUR GAMES AT EXPO!

We will offer a day's admission for each day that you bring a game or a $30 credit per game, per day against whatever admission package you would purchase. Or, a wrist band for admission all week if you bring a game for the entire time. Please contact Mike at 330-518-3141 or email [email protected] with any questions you may have. You can also just bring your games any time Wednesday afternoon, or any time Thursday and Friday.

100+ Games on
    FREE PLAY
    with a day’s admission!
    The Vendor Hall will be open on:

Thursday at 6PM until Midnight
    Friday from 10AM until Midnight
    Saturday from 10 AM until Midnight as well Sunday Morning.

The vendor hall will remain OPEN during seminars, banquet, and tournaments, but will NOT be open over night.

The Game Hall will be open all night Thursday, Friday, and Saturday as in the past.

LATE BREAKING EXPO NEWS!!!

Jersey Jack Pinball

JJP will reveal their 4th game on Thurs. night at their seminar. Afterwards they will have 5 of their new machines in the vendor hall available for play along with Dialed In Wizard of Oz, and The Hobbit.

Chicago Gaming Company

Chicago Gaming company will be showcasing their new Attack From Mars Remake along with several other of their products.

Stern Pinball

Stern pinball will be hosting a party Friday night at Expo. There will 10 or so classic Stern games as well as the new Star Wars Premium and Pro. Local beer will be available as well.

They will also have Batman 66, Star Wars and Aerosmith available for play in their booth as well.

American Pinball

American Pinball will be showcasing their new game Houdini! It will be available for play as well.

Gizmo Design will unveil their two new arcade pitch and bat games.

Few things are as American as baseball, hot dogs and apple pie. That is why we wanted to go back to those simpler days. The amusement game industry has used technology to bring the level of game play to new heights, but what about old fashioned fun? Enter Gizmo Game Design with our debut game bringing back the classic pitch and bat concept. We are pleased to offer a classic model, ALL STAR BASEBALL and a novelty game for the ages, ZOMBIE LEAGUE ALL STARS. We are also introducing the Home Run Derby feature which will allow you to test your skill at taking every pitch deep. Home runs, and nothing but Home runs! See www.gizmogamedesign.com for details about these new games.

EXPO 2017 On-Site Game Repair Available

Pinball Expo will have an on-site game repair technician available for both Thursday & Friday.

Please contact Clay Harrel at [email protected] for arrangements to bring your games.

Pinball Expo offers the greatest variety of activities and events of any pinball show!

Stern Tour

Tour the 110,000 square foot ultra-modern NEW STERN Pinball Factory. See their latest games, and meet the founder Gary Stern!

Educational Seminars

Experience four days of educational seminars from a wide variety of presenters.

Autograph Session

Meet both present and past pinball industry people at the autograph session.

Vendor Hall

Visit our large vendor hall featuring over 40 different vendors selling everything from parts, books, back glasses, machines and much much more!

Expo Brawl Team Tournament

Enter the Two-Player Team Tournament on Friday. Visit http://www.slam-tilt.com/expo/ for complete details and to register.

Flip Out Tournament

Enter the Flip Out Tournament open to both young and old with the chance to win a BRAND NEW Stern Pinball Machine as the grand prize.

LTG Presentation

Attend the LTG Presentation featuring Lloyd Olson and the surprises it offers!

Hercules Pinball

Play the World's Largest Pinball Machine made by Atari, Hercules!!!
    This rare and seldom seen game will be available for FREE PLAY
    throughout the entire show.

THE HOST HOTEL, which is the Westin, has a select few rooms left.

We have a block of rooms at the
    Holiday Inn Express & Suites
    2600 Lake Cook Road
    Riverwoods, IL 60015
    Phone 847-374-0260
    Fax 847-374-0535

Mention Pinball Expo when placing your reservation for special room rates.

Click Here For Holiday In Express & Suites Details

OHIO PINBALL SHOW

Also mark your calendars for another great pinball show. The OHIO PINBALL SHOW next March 30 - April 2.

If you have any questions please email or call: Mike Pacak : (330)518-3141
    [email protected]

Click Here: The OHIO PINBALL SHOW

http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=00135TLyzT3sFJJq2hpDuVtuwDZHru6ym89LwlfuVGoDyLhSjN7pbKuBppgRq7S8AXl3MqYGzOjjzRkGOGSpoYYuZ40p3o8kKqVJW1NOwiSw1_W2-iteDsFoCWmkn4a2rH9Hlqd33sLTn4mDvGlyWrKNQ==&c=rDf1psjqL3AjlZGEZCK7vmOa7BqlfF3COm_wcEtUT5ABucgjTzc6yQ==&ch=8nCMAFDgWRO1X0CQdg_Dd90GPYZdIp7AqA4NSMt_jkAa_77GhgcT4Q==

Feel Free to Contact Us for More Information!

Mike Pacak
    2993 Lynn Road,
    Canfield, OH 44406
    1-330-549-2596
    1-330-518-3141 (Cell)
    [email protected]

Pinball Expo | 1085 Eagle Trace, Warren, OH 44484
    Unsubscribe [email protected]
    Update Profile | About our service provider
    Sent by [email protected] in collaboration with

http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge
    Try it free today

#2 6 years ago

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Still rooms available? That says something about the death spiral expo seems to be in. If you weren't such an @$$ there would be more games there, but many of us are fed up with you. Go ahead and own expo, let someone competent run it.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

Still rooms available? That says something about the death spiral expo seems to be in. If you weren't such an @$$ there would be more games there, but many of us are fed up with you. Go ahead and own expo, let someone competent run it.

Don't be hatin'! I'm personally excited for this!

#5 6 years ago

They must have opened up those rooms recently as I know some people who tried to get rooms at the Westin a couple weeks ago and they were sold out at the time.

#6 6 years ago

Does this mean JJP will have 5 of their 4th game available to play?

#8 6 years ago

I am sure it will still be a blast! Lots of new machines to play, and hopefully lots in the game room! We have to remember that lots of kids come to play. And while most of them move on into pc, xbox, and ps, some of them will become addicts like us! This will help to keep pinball alive for generations to come!
    Plus I am going to the PBL party!!!!!!!! And my wife lets me off the leash for a couple days! Look out expo!!!

#9 6 years ago

Will they be allowed to take pins out of the game hall anytime or will they have to stay to the end of the show like most of the other great pinball shows?

#10 6 years ago

I'm upset that there is no Spooky...Will T.N.A. be there?

#11 6 years ago

Nope but it will be at Pinball life party

#12 6 years ago

It's too bad Spooky and TNA won't be at Expo. Most people attending Expo will not make it to PBL and will not get to experience playing this pin. Seems like it would have been great exposure to those that hadn't played it before to have a hands on experience and potentially put down a deposit. I hope that a vendor brings one at least.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

Don't be hatin'! I'm personally excited for this!

No hating on expo. Expo was always fun. I've gone many years. I've volunteered many years also both officially under Andrew and unofficially before he took over the game room. I'd be there with my games all weekend, letting people use my tools, helping them set up and move their games too. The distaste that's now spreading isn't about expo. It's about Mike directly. Like I said he can keep ownership of expo, but he NEEDS to let someone else run it for him and do not run anything but his booth, or expo is going to die.
    Have a good time at expo. I really hope you do. If you are doing nothing more than attending you probably will. If you're vending or bringing games, good luck.

#14 6 years ago

we add more rooms all the time At this point we have a record amount of rooms Spooky has never been an official vendor at expo Someone has always brought their games I hope someone does Yes its a shame Spooky does not feel its to their benfit as well to have it there ALOT do not go to Pinball life I have asked him to bring one

#15 6 years ago

The Westin does not have Expo rooms now at their national booking number. They will book you and lower the rate if more rooms open up. $197.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from algrande:

Will they be allowed to take pins out of the game hall anytime or will they have to stay to the end of the show like most of the other great pinball shows?

Take your games out anytime, it's a 5 day show, attempting to force people to stay would cut the number even further.

#17 6 years ago

Mike - Can you provide a list of vendors that will be at the show this year?

#18 6 years ago

I was there 2 years ago and the games room was pretty much empty Saturday night. Thanks god they kept the Vender hall open.

Quoted from Marvin:

Take your games out anytime, it's a 5 day show, attempting to force people to stay would cut the number even further.

#19 6 years ago

The vendor forms are not due until Oct 1 some are in will post what I have later

#20 6 years ago

For those looking to bring games to the 2017 Pinball Expo in Chicago this year, please contact me directly at [email protected] I will be handling this instead of mikepin this year. I hope to see many of you there. Bonus points for those who can figure out what the email address pertains to.

-
    Lonnie

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lonnie_Mihin:

Bonus points for those who can figure out what the email address pertains to.

Gmail account?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from algrande:

Quoted from Eric_S:Mike - Can you provide a list of vendors that will be at the show this year?

Lol, no, he never wants that info out

#23 6 years ago

For those looking to bring games to the 2017 Pinball Expo in Chicago this year, please contact me directly at [email protected] I will be handling this instead of mikepin this year. I hope to see many of you there. Bonus points for those who can figure out what the email address pertains to.
    -
    Lonnie

Glad someone is keeping Mike out of the game room. Good luck.

#24 6 years ago

Since I can't pm, from Mike:

where do yo ucome up with this shit?? I never said volunteers were steeling REALLY

Bullshit, I was one of the volunteers. Others heard it to. Nikki, Angela, Vince, Liz, Joe and Andrew among others were all aware if it.

Mike:
    fyi my son LONNIE MIHIN will be handling the games in game room in ANdrews absence he can be reached (edited) i am trying to keep away last yeasr issue was pretty simple NIKI did not want to put arm bands on people and they didnt put them on that can be fixed after asking 3 people where their arm bands were an d i asked her then it went to shit EXPO trys to be a grea tshow in many ways who else lets you play 24 hours please quit bashing I try call me if you want (redacted) less games will just make it worse for all

You also accused then of giving out too many bands, that was the theft you brought up. Every bands was accounted for to a machine. You're the one who told them not to give multiple to people bringing many games too.

As I said in this thread, I hope people have fun, many of us wont be there. I watched you in the vendor room tell one of the volunteers "don't come back, we don't need you". We're fine with that. Well support a different show.

#25 6 years ago

Above post (#24 by Marvin) was archived in case it gets removed.

#26 6 years ago

Is having his son run it really him stepping away? Being serious on asking this. Because if you yell at strangers or people you rarely see, I'm sure that happened with the son before to then

As for the vendor list, it really is sad that it cant be updated. I am having a booth with a friend, and there is nothing anywhere promoting it. I thought that promoting it is something you kinda do to reward people that pay for booth space

#27 6 years ago

Uhhh, yeah...

Skipping Expo this year. Too much drama.

#28 6 years ago

This will be my 13th show in a row. Agree the drama is wearing on me.
    Watching Mike scream at someone in the hotel lobby last year was cringe worthy. I can imagine there's stress running a show like this, but if you're just going to be an A hole to everyone there, is it really worth it?
    I'll probably keep coming as I get to chat and dine with friends I rarely see throughout the year. There's usually good vendors, too but I'm afraid there's going to be less and less if the rudeness and unprofessionalism keeps up.
    Just my .02 - here's to hoping it's a great one this year.

#29 6 years ago

hcs1.0625......hard chromed steel 1.0625 diameter pinball

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

1 1/16" for the fraction crowd.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from algrande:

I was there 2 years ago and the games room was pretty much empty Saturday night. Thanks god they kept the Vender hall open.

A lot of people do leave early, my stuff was always there until at least Wednesday afternoon to noon on Sunday.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

Close.... you are in the right ballpark on the hcs being the material. And you got the 1 1/6" diameter correct.

Quoted from Tilt:

Is having his son run it really him stepping away? Being serious on asking this. Because if you yell at strangers or people you rarely see, I'm sure that happened with the son before to then
    As for the vendor list, it really is sad that it cant be updated. I am having a booth with a friend, and there is nothing anywhere promoting it. I thought that promoting it is something you kinda do to reward people that pay for booth space

I am hardly the one to ever raise my voice at someone. Those that know me can certainly vouch for that. Please don't make assumptions of my character until you get to know me. I am, by far, NOT my father or just a messenger for him. I will be handling the logistics of the game hall and will have my own people working with me on it. All questions and complaints should be directed towards me at the email address [email protected] or me directly at the show. Otherwise, I hope you all will consider bringing games to show and sell. Games can begin to be brought in at noon on Wed. Thanks much and hope to see you all there.

#33 6 years ago

Close.... you are in the right ballpark on the hcs being the material. And you got the 1 1/6" diameter correct.

I am hardly the one to ever raise my voice at someone. Those that know me can certainly vouch for that. Please don't make assumptions of my character until you get to know me. I am, by far, NOT my father or just a messenger for him. I will be handling the logistics of the game hall and will have my own people working with me on it. All questions and complaints should be directed towards me at the email address [email protected] or me directly at the show. Otherwise, I hope you all will consider bringing games to show and sell. Games can begin to be brought in at noon on Wed. Thanks much and hope to see you all there.

I left your contact number in the message from Mike above since it was about contacting you to bring games. If you want the removed let me know and I'll edit it.
    Good luck with expo, I'm glad someone is running the game room instead of Mike.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Yes, seriously. Things will be different with Lonnie. I think everyone will be happy with the change Mike implemented. Many people just want to bash Mike without giving suggestions. He can't think of everything. It's up to us to keep Expo growing into the future.

#35 6 years ago

I will be taking over Rob Anthony's repair room this year at the expo. But I only be there Thursday and Friday. On the other hand if you want to bring a game in to get fixed, you can certainly do that. If you're bringing in an EM please let me know so I can make sure I have schematics with me. The best way to get a hold of me is just text me or email me. [email protected]

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

we add more rooms all the time At this point we have a record amount of rooms Spooky has never been an official vendor at expo Someone has always brought their games I hope someone does Yes its a shame Spooky does not feel its to their benfit as well to have it there ALOT do not go to Pinball life I have asked him to bring one

Really. I remember Seeing Charlie at his booth at Expo and a bunch of us playing Dominos.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

It's up to us to keep Expo growing into the future.

I would actually say it is up to us to decide where to best put our efforts for the long term growth of the hobby and where our voulenteered time is best spent/ whom really benefits from that. I was told how profitable this show has been for the organizers and it honestly amazed me how much was made on the backs of voulenteers that are doing it for the hobby.

I have heard a rumor at this point that next year there is a chance of am alternative show, one that will bring in the possibility for more community support, and more about actually growing and taking things in a new and rejuventaed direction.

I woudl suggest that by supporting some shows and bringing in profits for some people that the community could be hurting itself in the long run.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I would actually say it is up to us to decide where to best put our efforts for the long term growth of the hobby and where our voulenteered time is best spent/ whom really benefits from that. I was told how profitable this show has been for the organizers and it honestly amazed me how much was made on the backs of voulenteers that are doing it for the hobby.
    I have heard a rumor at this point that next year there is a chance of am alternative show, one that will bring in the possibility for more community support, and more about actually growing and taking things in a new and rejuventaed direction.
    I woudl suggest that by supporting some shows and bringing in profits for some people that the community could be hurting itself in the long run.

I will say this from what I know personally about Expo. There are not the huge profits that you may think there are. I know what Mike's take is from the show after it's all said and done. It's nowhere near what many of you might think it is. He makes WAY more off of what he sells from his booth at the show. This is Chicago my friends. Things are NOT cheap in this town by any means. Also, the show is not all comprised of volunteers. Many people that work the show, myself included are paid. I don't know what else to say outside of it's really hard to comprehend the amount of time, effort and money that goes into a show like this until you actually put one on yourself.

#39 6 years ago

Expo mugs artwork.

LTG : )

DSC00348 (resized).JPGDSC00348 (resized).JPG

DSC00349 (resized).JPGDSC00349 (resized).JPG

#40 6 years ago

I have no Issues with Mike making money on the show, he's taking the risk he get the major reward. It's his treatment of the shows supporters that's the issue. No games showing up mans no show.
    Lonnie I can't edit the post above, I asked the mods to do it.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Many people just want to bash Mike without giving suggestions. He can't think of everything. It's up to us to keep Expo growing into the future.

There are tons of folks who have made suggestions to Mike. There are multiple threads on the subject, typically one or two every year following expo. Mike has listened to some of these ideas and suggestions, e.g. vendor hall now open during banquet. Unfortunately the improvements over the last few years have not outweighed the various issues. What Mike has not been able to fix is the way he deals with folks during the show. No doubt he is under huge amounts of pressure and stress during the show, and that is why he needs to delegate more AND, equally important is to stay out of the way of those he delegates too. Things improved dramatically with Andrew running the free game hall, but Mike continued to want to get involved and that created a ton of stress and angst for the volunteers in that area. Mike needs to delegate ever major segment of the show (seminars, free room, vendor hall, etc.), and then just manage those folks, trust them, and let them do their jobs and manage the people involved in those areas, and Mike just stay out of their way. That would go wonders in making Expo run smoother for everyone and I suspect we would see a gentler, kinder Mike.

Regardless, looking forward to it, just over a week away.

#42 6 years ago

Close.... you are in the right ballpark on the hcs being the material. And you got the 1 1/6" diameter correct

High carbon steel?

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Really. I remember Seeing Charlie at his booth at Expo and a bunch of us playing Dominos.

Wasn't a spooky specific booth, he was sharing space with someone else who had a booth.

#44 6 years ago

Lonnie, Sorry if it came off that I was thinking you act that way, I was not. I am not sure if we have met, and I wouldn't make that assumption on you. What I was saying is that I figure that he (your father) would have no problem yelling at you if he will yell at strangers/friends.

I wish you the best of luck on the freeplay hall, and my friends and I will be bringing several machines for it. So regardless if Mike yells or not, ill still support the show, I have learned to just deal with him

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Wasn't a spooky specific booth, he was sharing space with someone else who had a booth.

Ahh, that makes sense.

#46 6 years ago

I for one am looking forward to the show, still trying to figure out what game to bring though....

Scott

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Shared with Back Alley Creations and JJP IIRC.

#48 6 years ago

great news look like we will have ALIEN and BIG Labowski as well YEA

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

great news look like we will have ALIEN and BIG Labowski as well YEA

Those were there last year(s).

"What do you have that is ... new?" - Dinner Patron, Ratatouille

#50 6 years ago

I hope Time Shock is there!

There are 611 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2017-updates and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.