(Topic ID: 171388)

Pinball expo 2016 suggestions for next year

By mikepin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0991 (resized).JPG
    20161015_025042 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

And another reason why I'm not a vendor at Expo anymore, the Vendor hours are getting way too long....I'm mean 14 hour days...? Come on !! From a vendor's stand point anything beyond the first two days is a wasted effort, if people haven't bought whatever it is there looking for in the first two days there not going to buy it and the remaining two days is a loss what with the hotel expense, food, booth space.....etc.

Check with my wife on this, she's the expert when it comes to doing stuff in downtown Chicago for four days each year.

This just simply isn't going happen and I think your all fooling yourselves if you think it will happen. Rob and Mike started this show back when there was no other shows around and it's there baby and I think trying to go through Rob to get Mike pulled away from the show is just silly. I'm not saying I agree with what he may or may not have done in the past but to think that he's just going to go away is nonsense. Sure I think Mike needs to tone it down a few notches but I've never had a problem with him at either of his shows. Personally I like the Ohio show the best of them all for a few various reasons and Mike and I seem to hit it off at that show since it doesn't have the stress level that I'm sure Expo does.
    If people think there just going to start up another show that will somehow compete with Expo....., We'll I think your dead wrong.
    That's just my two cents.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

I purchased quite a bit on Saturday and I was there starting Wednesday. I understand and sympathize with you on the drain manning a booth for that long can be is though.

I'm not gonna pile on Mike but I will say Mike and Rob are ambassadors to the expo they started. I leave it to everyone to judge how each carries the title.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2016-suggestions-for-next-year?tu=skins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.