(Topic ID: 171388)

Pinball expo 2016 suggestions for next year

By mikepin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0991 (resized).JPG
    20161015_025042 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You tried to run us over on your stupid cart, yelled at us for being in your way

If he did that to me, a buddy and I would literally carry that stupid cart out back and throw it off the dock.

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

You and your buddy might end up in jail for a night and then face a Judge. Unless you repaired the scooter or bought a new one.

Ha! You're probably right. Well if I punch him in the face I go to jail for sure. I like my odds with the scooter.

Quoted from shakethatmachine:

It's not that we disrespect a guy in a scooter, we disrespect Mike in his scooter. He is nothing but a bully with it. And oh yeah, HE CAN WALK! He has simply chosen not to, mostly. Sure, he's no spring chicken, but he's also just being lazy.

I'll just add that I saw him get off the scooter, slide a pinball lift under a machine and proceed to manhandle it. He's not an invalid, and I won't make assumptions about his need for the scooter, but there is a level of responsibility that the owner incurs when he chooses to use such a device. He has to be aware of his surroundings and not move about with the expectation that everyone should jump out of his way. We're not mind readers. He's on a motorized vehicle and we're all pedestrians. WE have the right of way, not him. Sure, if I see him coming towards me down the hall, I wouldn't continue to walk straight towards him and make him go out of his way to avoid me. That would be rude. But for him to come flying through a doorway with blatant disregard for the people in it, that's not right.

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Secondly due to vendor input we extended hours this year for sat night and friday I twas too much what do you think are good hours for next year?? say 10 am to 10 pm?? or maybe friday noon to 10 pm or midnight kinda wanted some time after banquet on saturday?? whats your thoughts

I said this last year and I'll say it again now. Either open the vendor hall earlier on Friday (10 am this year was good), or rope off the Expobrawl tournament so the freeplay room can be open.

If you're not in the tournament, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO UNTIL VENDOR HALL OPENS OR THE TOURNAMENT IS OVER, which in the past has been one and the same.

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

There's are seminars available to attend.

But only if you pay for them

Quoted from MrBally:

Rob Anthony's room is open to peruse the items for sale.

Yes. That takes about 10 minutes

Quoted from MrBally:

The Hercules ( the pinball is a cue ball!) and Flintstones machines are available for free play.

God no!

Quoted from MrBally:

Also, the Ghostbusters next to the tournament machines is available.

Guess I could try to monopolize that

Quoted from MrBally:

Finally, the Pinball Life Open House was going on starting late morning assuming you had transportation.

I think they opened at 10 am, which would be the only saving grace. But for those that don't have transportation, what else are they going to do?

Sorry, not trying to be negative. I usually sign up for Expobrawl, but for those early risers who flew in or don't want to go to PinballLife their options are VERY limited until the vendor hall and game hall open. Simple thing to fix.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2016-suggestions-for-next-year?tu=dothedoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.