3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by APB_Enterprises
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0991 (resized).JPG
    20161015_025042 (resized).jpg

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

What and when is your show? Sounds awesome!

It is awesome! We did that show this year. It's in Tacoma WA in the summer

#102 3 years ago

I'd be willing to volunteer time to give the web site some visual polish and love and foot the bill to make sure it stays easy to update when I'm done.

PM me and we can discucss.

#103 3 years ago

I thought it was stated that Rob B. was responsible for the website.

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Paying for Seminars is always a first time noob mistake. NO ONE checks those badges. EVER. Anyone can walk into a seminar.

That's tHeFT oF SerVIcES. EXPO will pROseCUtE.

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Very true.
    However, I feel much better not cheating the show out of income.

Honesty is the best policy. When I don't buy a complete Expo package, I buy individual day passes and a Seminar badge

#106 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Doesn't really matter who is. It's bad.

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from shakethatmachine:

It would help if Mike spoke english.

Heeeeyyyyy

#108 3 years ago

Wink wink

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Doesn't really matter who is. It's bad.

We'll, it kinda matters since Rob does not read Pinside. He is not aware of the disdain towards the Expo website....

#110 3 years ago

I mean mike didn't know anything about jpop, how much can you expect?

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Finally, the Pinball Life Open House was going on starting late morning assuming you had transportation.

As I have done for the last 3 years I run the Ambulance out and back free of charge! I was going to run it both days this year but I only had passengers on Friday so I canceled the Thursday trip. Maybe next year I should put a sign on it or something.

I will agree with everyone on the web site. Really needs some code put into it.

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

We'll, it kinda matters since Rob does not read Pinside. He is not aware of the disdain towards the Expo website....

They are aware, there was some discussion of it at this previous show.

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I'm new to the hobby and don't know who is involved or not; I'm simply volunteering time to help in whatever way those involved deem fit based on their vision for Expo. I'll make no additional commentary on the pros and cons of the current site here.

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

As I have done for the last 3 years I run the Ambulance out and back free of charge

And you are an awesome dude for doing that, Josh!!! Also, thanks for bringing great games again. Cheers!

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

As I have done for the last 3 years I run the Ambulance out and back free of charge!

You Rock Josh!! Thanks again for the ride ova

#116 3 years ago

Whoever works on the site, PLEASE change the terminology for "additional Banquet tickets" from "ONLY $90.00 each" to something more appropriate like "$90.00 OUCH!"

#117 3 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

A possible solution would be to sell extremely discounted tickets for Sunday, but I don't think Expo drives much attendance that day anyway.

It's free to get into the free play room after 6am Sunday. Granted a lot of games are gone and the vendor hall is closed, but that's just the way it is. If you are coming exclusively on Sunday for Expo, expecting a show in full swing, you should look at the schedule of events for Sunday...there's nothing but the FlipOut tournament. The banquet Saturday night is essentially the end of Expo. The vendor hall is sort of open after that for a bit to about midnight. What free play games are left slowly trickle out late Saturday and by Sunday noon are all but gone.

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Let's change up qualifying for main tournament. Giving 2 games on 8 machines ( I think) means long line all day. It took over a half hour wait in line for every chance to play one game. To play all 16 of my tickets would have meant 8 hrs standing in line. And lines were that long all day and night. I said the hell with it after I got 4 scores in. Limit it to 1score on each machine might help get some people finished and out of the line.

It's better than in past years, when it was pump and dump. I got there bright and early Thursday and got all my qualifying games in without a problem. Two chances per game is just right.

1 week later
    #119 3 years ago

Regardless of all that happened, I still brought 4 games and had fun! Seemed like most games were kept on , although if a game owner does not want it on, perhaps they can disable it from the inside so no power up then. Andrew and crew did a great job and the set up Staff CPM as always- friendly and helped out well. The heavy duty (saw horse) worked wonders.

#120 3 years ago

LIONMAN! Meet and greet friday at midnight would make expo better .

#121 3 years ago

Aside from updating the website I think everyone would appreciate a larger video screen in the seminars. The current one is like the one my grandfather showed his home movies on in 1975.

IMG_0991 (resized).JPG

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mojosan:

Aside from updating the website I think everyone would appreciate a larger video screen in the seminars. The current one is like the one my grandfather showed his home movies on in 1975.

A Da-Lite 100. Nice.

Actually, the Hotel AV department is responsible for the cutting-edge technology. Rentals offered at regular club prices. They have pretty large screens.

#123 3 years ago

Ditch that stupid small screen and just project a much larger image directly on the back wall!

1 month later
    #124 3 years ago

What are the Chicago Expo dates for next year? Have they been announced? I need to put in my vacation schedule to make sure I get those days off.

#125 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

What are the Chicago Expo dates for next year. Have they been announced? I need to put in my vacation schedule to make sure I get those days off.

Wednesday, October 11th - Sunday, October 15th 2017.

Prepare for Pinball Expo 2018! Wednesday, October 17th - Sunday, October 20th 2018.

LTG : )

3 months later
    #127 2 years ago

Since there isn't a Pinball Expo 2017 thread yet, I'll post it here to alert those interested. I looked and the expo group discount is now available for Expo 2017. I got my discounted reservation ... it is much more convenient to stay at the same hotel, especially with late night pinball.

#128 2 years ago

We went to Expo last year all the way from Australia and had a great time , I agree staying in the hotel at expo was fantastic we had a ball. Can't attend this year but 2018 I'll be there

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Since there isn't a Pinball Expo 2017 thread yet, I'll post it here to alert those interested. I looked and the expo group discount is now available for Expo 2017. I got my discounted reservation ... it is much more convenient to stay at the same hotel, especially with late night pinball.

Thank you for mentioning it to the group! Awesome

Andrew

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 8,000.00
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Republic Of Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 214.99
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 45.00
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 142.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,599.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside