7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by erak
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

All though I have been playing and collecting pinball for a long time this was my first trip to Expo. With work and family restraints I was able to fly in Friday morning and fly out Sunday morning.

Friday - arrived at expo around 11:00am. Registration was quick and painless ($60 for the 2 days). Walked by the tournament area which was very busy with activity, looked like a nice selection of machines for the tourney.

Headed in to the vendor room and was pleasantly surprised with the number of vendors and the different things to see and play. Met up with some experienced expo friends (thanks Scott) and grabbed some lunch.

Back to the Expo and visited the free play room and again was pleasantly surprised with the amount of games available from older EM's to the current. Fun room!

Bounced between the vendor and free play rooms until we headed out to the Stern party.

$40 ticket to the Stern party would of been better spent buying parts for my machines LOL. A large bar type venue with some entertainment. Bat Mobile and Ecto-1 parked out side, batman and batgirl inside followed by a singer (ok), magician (blah), freak show (no thanks) and the dude from bare naked ladies (didn't stay for). 2 Ghost buster pins available to play....2 pins for couple hundred people? Well you get the picture...cash bar, cash food...not sure was the $40 was for other then the so called entertainment?

People would of been much happier maybe at the factory with some pizza and pins to play??

Saturday back at it, bouncin between rooms, getting as much time on Ghost Busters as I could to solidify my choice on my first NIB and visiting the autograph room.

In summary had a GREAT time largely in part to my fellow Michigan pin friends showing me around.

I would definitely return next year!

#2 7 years ago

Sounds like a good time. Kinda silly that at the party you had to pay for food but the next day they gave away free pizza.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Sounds like a good time. Kinda silly that at the party you had to pay for food but the next day they gave away free pizza.

But it was EPIC!

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from thall17:

and the dude from bare naked ladies

FYI, Ed Robertson is a big pinhead. He recently did some pinball-related songs too.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

FYI, Ed Robertson is a big pinhead. He recently did some pinball-related songs too.

That was by far the best part of the night (for those who stayed around).

#6 7 years ago

My first time at expo and I had a blast at the Stern Party. I got the chance to talk, drink and get photos with George, Gary, Borg, Steve, Charlie, Dwight, Ben, Ed Robertson, among many other people involved. Or just fans of pinball at the party. And also talk about cars while having a smoke outside with one of the museum curators from VOLO who supplied the cars.
    All super friendly and down to earth people.

Expo is what you make it.
    And as a pinball fan it was "EPIC!"

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2016-a-first-timers-view and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.