(Topic ID: 98235)

Pinball Expo 2014 - Come and meet the Pinside team!

By robin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 433 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141017_175432.jpg
    IMG_20141016_093541.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-503.jpg
    image.jpg
    Iphone 2014 005.JPG
    image.jpg
    index-678.jpeg
    20140918_071225.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 12.46.29.png
    lanyard-concept-70.jpg
    Pinside ID badge.jpg
    image.jpg
    2014 Layout.png
    2013 Layout.png
    PPM.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 9 years ago

it looks like I will be making the journey as well. this will be my first expo outside of michigan for me since I got into the hobby 15 years ago. it will definitely be nice to put faces to people who have been nothing but forum and email personas up until now

also:
    if anyone is [still] looking for a set of the joust playfield plastics, and we haven't sold out prior to expo, I will be more than willing to bring sets with me for "parking lot drug deals" , saving you about $40+ in shipping costs

#138 9 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Has anyone parked an RV or motorhome in the parking lot at the hotel for expo in the past? I would like to know anything y'all do about this possibility.

I think that it depends on if you plan on cooking any "blue ice" in said recreational vehicle on hotel property

1 month later
    #231 9 years ago

skypilot:
    I thought that someone had badge labels printed up for a few expos, but I don't remember seeing anything for lanyards.

edit:
    see gweempose's post above mine

I just did a quick search, and it looks like for a quantity of 200 lanyards, you're looking at a cost of about $2 per lanyard w/ a badge holder (depending on the type of material (printed or woven polyester, printed tube, printed nylon, etc...), printing process (screened [plus number of colors] or woven) and end (hook, bulldog clip, ring, etc...)

I think that a black or otherwise dark colored lanyard could work well if you wanted to screen or heat transfer print the pinside logo (w/ the pinball) in 3 colors [blue, white and orange/yellow]

#237 9 years ago

I just looked through my pm's and I believe that practicalsteve was responsible for the template of the image that gweempose posted

I just pm'ed him to contact gweempose, robin or skypilot on the matter

#253 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

yeah, i guess so. it's a bucket list kinda 'thang. missed them during the 80's.
    Duran Duran is the 1st weekend in November too. They're playing inside the Austin City Limits (pbs) studio
    Although, at dinner tonight, she told me I should go to Expo... hmmmm....
    Could I go up Wed or Thur, and fly back on Sat to catch the concert ?
    What day is the Stern tour?

I haven't missed a duran2 show since the 80's. a few years back, they couldn't sell out a small venue for their 'red carpet massacre' tour, so we ended up with free tickets in the balcony of a place that had fantastic acoustics.

#258 9 years ago

I should be in late wednesday so that I can hit the stern factory tour thursday morning. do I need to pre-pay for the tour early?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2014-meet-the-pinside-team?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.