(Topic ID: 98235)

Pinball Expo 2014 - Come and meet the Pinside team!

By robin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 433 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141017_175432.jpg
    IMG_20141016_093541.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-503.jpg
    image.jpg
    Iphone 2014 005.JPG
    image.jpg
    index-678.jpeg
    20140918_071225.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 12.46.29.png
    lanyard-concept-70.jpg
    Pinside ID badge.jpg
    image.jpg
    2014 Layout.png
    2013 Layout.png
    PPM.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gexchange.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 9 years ago

I would make the same offer as last 2 years. I will buy the First round for All. If you want me to plan the meet up I'm willing to do so as well. We have done Twin Peaks both the last two years and its worked well because its in the parking lot of the hotel.

JJ

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Damn1 Worth the trip just for drinks with JJ and Jim. Doubt I can make it though : (

DO IT!

1 week later
    #184 9 years ago

So What Night Works For Everyone? And Does Spear's Work? I'm ok trying some where new.. Though Twin Peaks is good too

Let Me know an I will Try and call and get a res.. looking like a massive group this year.

#189 9 years ago

How does Thursday Night Sound to everyone? or will not everyone be in town?

1 month later
    #223 9 years ago

Im Booked, Thursday - Sunday

We just need to figure out a time for Meet and greet at some point

#228 9 years ago

Ive seen lots of talk about Pinside Badges and Lanyards and such. What needs to be done to make these happen? I can offer help where ever I can. Including picking Up all or part of the bill. Anyone have expertise in this? Im guessing 200 Lanyards, and Badges?

#233 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I always thought this one was perfect ...
    Pinside ID badge.jpg 22 KB

If Someone has a printing Contact that can print these let me know. Might just have to be Fill in with Perment Marker for Name, Custom Printed might be hard. I guess I could print here and Laminate each.

I'm thinking about having Lanyards made With GEX Logo and Pinside logo Alternating if that's ok with every one.

#236 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I always thought this one was perfect ...

Pinside ID badge.jpg 22 KB

Do you have the source file on this or how it was made? I sure could print these if they were like 4 to a page on card stock. I would even run them front and back.. Probably just blank for everyone to fill in.

#246 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Back in! Made some things work. Flying in Wed late to make the factory tour and have to leave Sat evening for work Sunday. Looking forward to drinks with JJ, McCune and others. Whoot!

SWEET!

#269 9 years ago

Yep 3x4 is the most common size I think?

#283 9 years ago

Sweet! To Clarify Please print your own badges if you can, I will bring badge holders and Lanyards. If you Don't have a printer or maybe a Color Printer reach out to me and I will try and print them for you. You may have to email them to me in a PDF as I'm not sure I can print your badge using the Templet. Think only the user can print there own?

Look forward to the event! I will Reply to each of the RSVP's when I enter them into my Spread sheet. If you do not get a reply in 3 days of sending please send again.

#293 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I went to the event page and clicked on the "I'm Going" button but nothing happens.
    Anyway, I lived about 5 miles from the Westin until 2011 and moved out of town. Now I'm in the process of moving back. Don't know if I'll have everything moved up here by show time but will be at the Expo regardless. No booth this year though but will have parts for those who want some without shipping charges.
    I also plan to bring a game to the show. Can you guess what it will be? lol
    By the way, the Chicago steak houses are right up there with any in the country and they are very expensive too but you get what you pay for but the things that really stand out in the windy city are the Italian Beef, Pizza, and of course Chicago Hot Dogs.
    I've lived all around the country and Philly and New York ain't got nothin' on Chicago when it comes to Italian Beef.
    One of my favorites is Portillos where I usually get their Italian Combo (Italian Beef & Italian Sausage Combo Sandwich). Absolute heaven on a bun!!
    http://www.portillos.com/portillos/
    Chicago is known for deep-dish pizza but that's not the only kind you can get. The "Chicago Thin" crust is pizza nirvana too.
    My favorite Chicago (Wheeling) Area Pizza Joints are:
    Lou Malnati's
    http://www.loumalnatis.com/
    Giordano's
    http://giordanos.com/
    Ginos East
    http://www.ginoseast.com/
    Chicago is famous for hot dogs and they are some of the best (Vienna Beef) and most-famous in America but I have to admit that one city rules over Chicago for hot dogs (and it isn't New York or Philly or anything west of the Mississippi).
    The absolute best hot dogs in America come from................... Toledo, Ohio!!
    Tony Packo's Hungarian Hot Dogs are second to none!!!
    The same hot dogs Corporal Klinger (Jamie Farr) had flown into Korea on an episode of the TV sitcom M*A*S*H. The hot dogs are to kill for and the chilli sauce is too. If you are ever in Toledo stop into Tony Packos for the best dog in America.
    http://www.tonypacko.com/

Thanks for the Food update. This will help me quite a bit. I will try and pick on of these places.

JJ

#316 9 years ago
    Quoted from tomaszb1:

Awe man, I wont be able to get out there until either Thursday evening and/or Friday...

Even if you don't make it to the Meet and Greet, let us know if you just want a badge and lanyard that way us creepy pinsiders can come up and introduce our selves. Just PM me and let me know if you are coming to Meet and Greet or just need a badge and Lanyard.

#317 9 years ago

As of Right Now I am caught up on PM's and RSVP's If you have not gotten a reply from me, then something is wrong and please re send.

JJ

#319 9 years ago
    Quoted from HumanFemale:

I can't wait to go to the Pinside meet up!
    I'll have Pete send an RSVP for us. He needs something to do...lol!
    Julie

Julie, Best if you send one from each account to make sure I get your Pinside Name Tags right

#321 9 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

I'll log in as her from here and send a PM.
    Then I'll go and ban myself for using a second account.
    *sigh*
    Pete

Sorry Just trying not to Screw anything up.

#338 9 years ago

As of right now we have 48 Pinsiders Attending the Meet and Greet! If you have not gotten a reply from me something has gone wrong, Please Re send as I reply to every person when I add them to the list.

If you are coming to Expo but won't be in time for Meet and Greet and want a lanyard and Badge so other Pinsiders can find you and chat with you please PM me as well and I will put you on that list.

JJ

#353 9 years ago

I have updated the RSVP list's. We have 58 Pinsiders Attending the RSVP at this time.

Once Again. If I have not Replied then Something has gone wrong, Please re reach out to me with your RSVP!

Look forward to meeting all of you.

JJ

#359 9 years ago

Ok I have Printed All of the Badges I had up until Today.

Please check the list to make sure I have you on it. Its located here
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dgPSrZUwXPAjDkBUUBmrReJ-hIxcxEdcOIDqX3_uMiE/edit?usp=sharing

I will have some Blank Badges as well for people who don't sign up or whom I make have goofed on.

JJ

#360 9 years ago

I am Caught up again! Just a reminder you have until tonight to RSVP or have a badge printed.

JJ

#364 9 years ago
    Quoted from thewildstallion:

Please count me in for the Meet and Greet.
    Jeff Madar, Charlotte, NC

Got ya!

Guys Remember to PM me for RSVP and or Badge so I do not miss it in the thread. Dead line is tonight

JJ

#372 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Sorry I'll miss the Pinside meetup, but I'll be wandering around Friday night and Saturday. Doubt I'll have a chance to find JJ for a badge, so I'll make my own or something.
    Just look for the guy in the grey SDTM t-shirt.

Ive been doing this for others, Just pm me. I can make you a badge and I will send you my cell number.. So we can find each other.

JJ

#374 9 years ago

I am also Bringing 25 Blanks with me incase I screw up or someone surprise shows up

#387 9 years ago

77 Badges Printed + Generics all ready to go!

See you all tomorrow

JJ

#389 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

My name is not on the list! I am heart broken! LOL

Did you PM me? I have Blanks with me too.

20 Pizza's ordered.. Lets hope we can sneak them in past the hotel staff =)

MMMMM

JJ

#404 9 years ago
    Quoted from ElCapitan:

Could someone tell me if the game hall is open to the public all day on Saturday? The schedule on the Expo website is a bit hard to read. I'm taking my son and we were going to leave now but it's hard to tell if the game hall is open when you compare the PDF schedule and the schedule on the main page.
    The main page says it's only open from 1-5pm on Saturday but the PDF doesn't indicate anything like that.

I think it is

#409 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Especially shirts!

I was going to ask,him to sign my chest but thought that might be weird

#415 9 years ago

I can't remember if I posed this or not..

Thank you to all who came out for the Meet and greet. I enjoyed meeting you all. Also enjoyed seeing all the pinside badges out and around thought out the event.. I tried to say to Hi to everyone I could.

Ps that pizza was tasty!

#426 9 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Swell bunch of guys right here!

20141017_175432.jpg 149 KB

Well other then the guy on the far right.. hes Questionable

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gexchange.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2014-meet-the-pinside-team?tu=gexchange and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.