(Topic ID: 98235)

Pinball Expo 2014 - Come and meet the Pinside team!

By robin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 433 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141017_175432.jpg
    IMG_20141016_093541.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-503.jpg
    image.jpg
    Iphone 2014 005.JPG
    image.jpg
    index-678.jpeg
    20140918_071225.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 12.46.29.png
    lanyard-concept-70.jpg
    Pinside ID badge.jpg
    image.jpg
    2014 Layout.png
    2013 Layout.png
    PPM.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

And while you're in Chicago, you *have* to go to Giordanos for pizza!
    It'll be an interesting comparison to what pizza you may have had in NYC

That place is incredible. Went there last time in Chi-Town, and plan to eat there again.

#21 9 years ago

Those Chicago beef places have nothing on Peter Luger's in NYC...and they're all chains. Yuck.

#24 9 years ago

I'll be sure to check one out when I'm there (only going for two nights, and one is pizza night!). Lawry's is a chain - we have one in NYC (and there's one in Vegas, etc.). Chains aren't all bad (we like the Strip House when we don't want to schlep to Brooklyn), but name the one you think is best in Chicago and I'm there!

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

I'll be there representing Pinball Magazine
    Santiago Ciuffo's PINBALL book will be available at stands of Pacific Pinball Museum and other vendors.

Wait...didn't you just get home from a tour of the States? And you're coming back in two months? You're a better man than I...we were going to come to the Netherlands next month, but decided to hold off until tulip season (one of the hazards of being married!).

#117 9 years ago

Okay, I'm hoping somebody can clear something up for me...

My wife and I REALLY want to attend the expo this year. We can only attend on Wednesday, Thursday, and part of Friday since we have to fly home on Friday for our daughter's wedding that weekend. Looking at the expo website, it seems like nothing is open to schlubs like us until the night time when we can go in and just play some games.

Is that true? And if so, why is that? I'm gonna have to network with somebody who can get us a pass to see the whole thing or it isn't worth the 1500 bucks it's going to cost me to go. And that sucks because I was really excited to meet all the people that have helped me out for the past year...

Can anybody clear this up for me so I know if I'm booking a flight and hotel before it's all gone? Many thanks!

#120 9 years ago

#150 9 years ago

I would chime in here to tell you how funny this exchange is, but I don't want to ruin the flow--

Oh, wait!...

Damn.

#153 9 years ago

You bring the cheese pump, Lloyd, and I'll bring as many unmarked bills as you want.

#169 9 years ago

Is this one of those "I've fallen and I can't get up" things???

#179 9 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

Please remember, don't comment on his wooden-shoes.
    He is quite sensitive about that

As long as Robin doesn't wear a windmill on his head, I think we're all good.

#190 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rensh:

On Friday evening Dutch Pinball is hosting an event where a lot of Dutchmen go I suspect. So i hope it is not That evening, after all pinside is Dutch

No need for a winkie-man. Pinside IS Dutch, and it's another thing that country should be proud of, along with: cheese; wooden shoes; windmills; tulips; frozen canals that you can skate on (but not so much anymore); "coffee shops"; "red lights"; Vermeer; (insert your favorite Dutch artist here...they're all great); and Robin van Persie.

Okay. Maybe not so much that last one.

#192 9 years ago

"I Want To Play With Your Beelzeboobs"

#194 9 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Pinball Magazine is also Dutch And there is Dutch Pinball And some more Dutch companies I can't mention yet

Very gracious of you to mention them, and I apologize for their omission. You are correct, sir!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2014-meet-the-pinside-team?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.