(Topic ID: 98235)

Pinball Expo 2014 - Come and meet the Pinside team!

By robin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 433 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141017_175432.jpg
    IMG_20141016_093541.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-503.jpg
    image.jpg
    Iphone 2014 005.JPG
    image.jpg
    index-678.jpeg
    20140918_071225.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 12.46.29.png
    lanyard-concept-70.jpg
    Pinside ID badge.jpg
    image.jpg
    2014 Layout.png
    2013 Layout.png
    PPM.jpg
    There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
    #401 9 years ago

Thanks Robin for organizing this event. It was really cool to meet you and a bunch of other pinsiders who I have read posts and chatted online with over the last few years!

#402 9 years ago

Could someone tell me if the game hall is open to the public all day on Saturday? The schedule on the Expo website is a bit hard to read. I'm taking my son and we were going to leave now but it's hard to tell if the game hall is open when you compare the PDF schedule and the schedule on the main page.

The main page says it's only open from 1-5pm on Saturday but the PDF doesn't indicate anything like that.

#403 9 years ago

Woohoo!!!

image-503.jpgimage-503.jpg
    #404 9 years ago
    Quoted from ElCapitan:

Could someone tell me if the game hall is open to the public all day on Saturday? The schedule on the Expo website is a bit hard to read. I'm taking my son and we were going to leave now but it's hard to tell if the game hall is open when you compare the PDF schedule and the schedule on the main page.
    The main page says it's only open from 1-5pm on Saturday but the PDF doesn't indicate anything like that.

I think it is

#405 9 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Woohoo!!!

image-503.jpg 105 KB

It's obvious that Robin is a little camera shy and doesn't want anyone to know what he looks like but now that he is an international superstar there's no hiding:

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #406 9 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Woohoo!!!

image-503.jpg 105 KB

I'm so bummed I missed seeing you at Expo, Bangerjay!

#407 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

It's obvious that Robin is a little camera shy and doesn't want anyone to know what he looks like but now that he is an international superstar there's no hiding:

image.jpg 67 KB

Get him to autograph that card.

I was talking to Robin, and he LOVES giving out autographs.

#408 9 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Especially shirts!

#409 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Especially shirts!

I was going to ask,him to sign my chest but thought that might be weird

#410 9 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

I did have him sign one at the banquet ... this is an extra!

pmWolf - I saw you in line at the Stern Tour and was gonna come up and ask if I could move into your basement but you were deep in conversation.

#411 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

pmWolf - I saw you in line at the Stern Tour and was gonna come up and ask if I could move into your basement but you were deep in conversation.

Aw, crap....just shove your way in and say hello. No cutting in line, though. =)

Pete

#412 9 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Aw, crap....just shove your way in and say hello. No cutting in line, though. =)
    Pete

I believe you were 20+ people behind me ... I didn't wanna lose my place!

IMG_20141016_093541.jpgIMG_20141016_093541.jpg
    #413 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

IMG_20141016_093541.jpg 287 KB

Dag nabbit...you should have waved me over so I could have cut in line right by you.

#414 9 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Dag nabbit...you should have waved me over so I could have cut in line right by you.

D'oh! I just now realized you are a Moderator. If I knew that I would have let you cut!

I was also lucky enough to meet the infamous Aurich ... he looks nothing like his avatar!

#415 9 years ago

I can't remember if I posed this or not..

Thank you to all who came out for the Meet and greet. I enjoyed meeting you all. Also enjoyed seeing all the pinside badges out and around thought out the event.. I tried to say to Hi to everyone I could.

Ps that pizza was tasty!

#416 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Thank you to all who came out for the Meet and greet

Thanks for all you did JJ! It was fun as hell riding to the party with you Freetrain and Mezelmods.

#417 9 years ago

JJ,

Thanks for the badges. the help, .....and the "Chicago Pizza" it was the bomb! You made the event great.

Keith

#418 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

I was also lucky enough to meet the infamous Aurich ... he looks nothing like his Avatar!

#419 9 years ago

Yeah pizza was awesome enough that I hit that place up again - so thanks JJ for that and the badges/lanyards. Was fun meeting the people behind the avatars on here! Pix from expo are all uploaded now: http://store.orangephotography.com/p328863282

#420 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

I was also lucky enough to meet the infamous Aurich ... he looks nothing like his Avatar!

I think that is why I missed him... or did I????

#421 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

Thanks for getting a picture of the wife Dan... we took so many pictures this weekend and didn't take any of us. Of course you only got her in the picture... but hey, one is better than none!

#422 9 years ago

Swell bunch of guys right here!

20141017_175432.jpg20141017_175432.jpg
    #423 9 years ago

cant see badges for us that didn't make it is there Avatar names with pics? Fun to put faces with Pinside names .

#424 9 years ago

For the above pic of moderators...

Left to right:
    Gweempose
    TheDudeAbides
    pmWolf
    Robin
    Martijn
    SealClubber
    Fattrain

#425 9 years ago

Number of posts on this thread = 420.

#426 9 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

20141017_175432.jpg 149 KB

Well other then the guy on the far right.. hes Questionable

#427 9 years ago

I thought it was a police lineup

#428 9 years ago

My feet got tired from standing and walking and playing pinball, so I looked for a comfy chair on which to repose. Walked all the way to the far corner of the window aisle and saw one chair open among four plush chairs around a small circular table. Saw the three guys in the other chairs were all wearing Pinside T-shirts and I figured they participated like I do on this fine site. At a pause in their conversation I asked if this was the scheduled Pinball round table discussion (since I am observant and the table was round and they were having a discussion). Turns out it was Robin and some moderators calmly preparing for their seminar time. They quickly threw me out and resumed...no, that's not right. They were all good guys and appreciate everyone's interest who participates on Pinside. I shook Robin's hand before I went on my way. He was careful to lean towards me when we shook hands so I wouldn't have any chance at pick-pocketing his wallet, but other than that I enjoyed talking with them all.

#429 9 years ago

It was a real pleasure to meet Robin, Gweempose and the others, I had the fortunate circumstance to sit down and talk with Robin for quite awhile on Saturday, but missed the seminar stuck in traffic getting back from Pinball Life

#430 9 years ago

Also enjoyed meeting Robin. He was super busy but was always willing to stop and chat for a few minutes in the halls of expo. I'm only sad I wasn't able to get him to sign my card of him LOL!

#431 9 years ago

I missed the meet and greet, but a I got a private tour of Gweempose's collection! Thanks again man, was a pleasure to meet you, great way to leave Expo on a high note.

#432 9 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

20141017_175432.jpg 149 KB

Where's Larry... oops, I meant Lloyd?

#433 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I missed the meet and greet, but I got a private tour of Gweempose's collection! Thanks again man, was a pleasure to meet you, great way to leave Expo on a high note.

My pleasure, Aurich. It was great meeting you as well.

There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2014-meet-the-pinside-team/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.