(Topic ID: 98235)

Pinball Expo 2014 - Come and meet the Pinside team!

By robin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 433 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141017_175432.jpg
    IMG_20141016_093541.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-503.jpg
    image.jpg
    Iphone 2014 005.JPG
    image.jpg
    index-678.jpeg
    20140918_071225.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 12.46.29.png
    lanyard-concept-70.jpg
    Pinside ID badge.jpg
    image.jpg
    2014 Layout.png
    2013 Layout.png
    PPM.jpg
    There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
    #201 9 years ago

First ever expo for me! Very excited. Me and the family will be there Thursday to Sunday. No I have to preorder TBL so I can get into their shindig.

#202 9 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

AS far as I know STERN has their party on friday night.. I believe DUTCH pinball was trying to plan something Thursday not sure... mike pacak

DP Guys may have something else going on Thursday but this is from my invite to their VIP pre-order crowd.

When: Friday, October 17, 2014 from 19:00 (7:00 PM) until whenever
    Who: Any Very Important Pinhead™ whose preorder account is current

#203 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rensh:

Just visit the Dutch PInball Open on 1+2 november
    We sincerely hope to enlighten people but you know how it goes with plannings .....

No need to wait anylonger, see http://www.pinballnews.com/games/timeshock/index.html

#205 9 years ago

I remember playing that way back in the day before I ever owned a machine and thought it was a great game at the time. But my computer at the time was crap so it did not play well and I forgot about. A few years ago I thought of it but could not remember anything about it! This looks sweet.

#206 9 years ago

I go to Expo every 5 years, and this is the year, looking forward to meeting everyone!!

#207 9 years ago

Looking forward to my second time at the expo !

#208 9 years ago

Dutch invasion this year!

#209 9 years ago

Will there be an early week meetup that's actually in the city? Maybe Logan Arcade?

#210 9 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

Will there be an early week meetup that's actually in the city? Maybe Logan Arcade?

Great idea! I have not planned anything for my first few days in the city except that I'm definitely planning to visit Logan Arcade. Maybe Barron could set something up? Pre-Expo party!!

#211 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Pre-Expo party!!

If possible on Monday as I have no plans for monday night yet

#212 9 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

If possible on Monday as I have no plans for monday night yet

Well if you get bored I'd be happy to host or hang out. We were treated really well on our trip to Amsterdam last year, happy to return the favor!

#213 9 years ago

In Chicago I'd like to not only drive by but maybe even see the inside of the old Williams plant at 4242W Fillmore St, It's still there!

#214 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nighthawk128:

In Chicago I'd like to not only drive by but maybe even see the inside of the old Williams plant at 4242W Fillmore St, It's still there!

Gottlieb's old plant at 1140 N. Kostner still stands. So does Bally's Ravenswood plant, home of most of the Ballyhoo production. Also, the Williams buildings at 3401 N. California and the Northpoint plant in Waukegan are standing and owned by WMS Industries/Scientific Games.

2 weeks later
    #215 9 years ago

Just booked my room for (wow!) $125 per night !! I was just getting ready to throw down $350 a night at the Palmer House. Glad I called the Westin !
    And you can play all night long ??!!
    Theres not a lot of pins to play in southern IN, so when I get to see a bunch in one place, I get all googly- eyed and JoJo the monkey- boy like. Cannot wait.
    This is going to be the greatest weekend ever !!

#216 9 years ago

I'll be there! Just booked what I think was one of the last rooms in the group rate at the Westin. See you there.

#217 9 years ago

I am attending. Thursday to Sunday.

#218 9 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I am attending. Thursday to Sunday.

I will bring my club

#219 9 years ago

Gives new meaning to the phrase "goin club-ing" (actually seems kinda old school)

#220 9 years ago

I'll leave my seal at home then. . Looking forward to meeting you all.

#221 9 years ago

Room booked at the Westin, just got flight booked on American. The party is going down. Looking forward to slamming pinball with you guys, talking trash and betting on games. If you see me, challenge me to a dollar game on pinball you like.

#222 9 years ago

Timeshock.. yes..but does anyone know about ''The Web'' ? IMO that one deserves to get real!

#223 9 years ago

Im Booked, Thursday - Sunday

We just need to figure out a time for Meet and greet at some point

#224 9 years ago

I'll be there with my wife and brother in law for the third time in a row. I always have a fantastic time at Expo!

#225 9 years ago

I can't wait. I just wish they would post the 2014 schedule.

#226 9 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I can't wait. I just wish they would post the 2014 schedule.

Me too!

#227 9 years ago

I'm really happy to see so many of you coming to Expo. It's gonna be great to meet you all!

As far as Pinside goes, we will have a couple of things happening at Expo! I will be doing a talk on Friday about the history and future of Pinside.com - Things that you probably wanted to know but were afraid to ask, like: who's cleaning up the mess that all those Pinsiders leave every day

The moderators will join me to tell their story about the awful task of moderating an online forum.

And I just got of the phone with Skypilot and we are going to be organizing one or two quick get-togethers at Expo. Nothing too fancy but a place and time to meet up and put faces to Pinside handles.

Details and times will follow, just wanted to give you a heads up.

#228 9 years ago

Ive seen lots of talk about Pinside Badges and Lanyards and such. What needs to be done to make these happen? I can offer help where ever I can. Including picking Up all or part of the bill. Anyone have expertise in this? Im guessing 200 Lanyards, and Badges?

#229 9 years ago

I discussed this with Robin briefly . I know someone here had worked on these in the past. We would like to use them if possible.

#230 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I know someone here had worked on these in the past. We would like to use them if possible.

I always thought this one was perfect ...

Pinside ID badge.jpgPinside ID badge.jpg
    #231 9 years ago

skypilot:
    I thought that someone had badge labels printed up for a few expos, but I don't remember seeing anything for lanyards.

edit:
    see gweempose's post above mine

I just did a quick search, and it looks like for a quantity of 200 lanyards, you're looking at a cost of about $2 per lanyard w/ a badge holder (depending on the type of material (printed or woven polyester, printed tube, printed nylon, etc...), printing process (screened [plus number of colors] or woven) and end (hook, bulldog clip, ring, etc...)

I think that a black or otherwise dark colored lanyard could work well if you wanted to screen or heat transfer print the pinside logo (w/ the pinball) in 3 colors [blue, white and orange/yellow]

#232 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

What day is the Stern tour?

Thursday morning.

#233 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Pinside ID badge.jpg 22 KB

If Someone has a printing Contact that can print these let me know. Might just have to be Fill in with Perment Marker for Name, Custom Printed might be hard. I guess I could print here and Laminate each.

I'm thinking about having Lanyards made With GEX Logo and Pinside logo Alternating if that's ok with every one.

#234 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be able to stop in at Expo for a few hours on Saturday. Will be in town for work. Hopefully I can meet up with some Pinsiders!

#235 9 years ago

Considering we don't know everyone that is coming ,does it make better sense to do basic name tags that can be filled in? Both avatar name and real name.

I really like the one Gweempose just posted. Is there a way we can each make our own to print (Using that format )and have the covers available there. We could also have blanks for any latecomers and Odin(he'll have like three new avatars just on the plane ride )

#236 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Pinside ID badge.jpg 22 KB

Do you have the source file on this or how it was made? I sure could print these if they were like 4 to a page on card stock. I would even run them front and back.. Probably just blank for everyone to fill in.

#237 9 years ago

I just looked through my pm's and I believe that practicalsteve was responsible for the template of the image that gweempose posted

I just pm'ed him to contact gweempose, robin or skypilot on the matter

#238 9 years ago

I have been looking into building a lanyard card generator, based on the above design. It currently looks something like this:

lanyard-concept-70.jpglanyard-concept-70.jpg

I based the dimensions on this badge holder: http://www.idsupply.com/HS100-V-Vertical-Badge-Holder-P2015.aspx Is that one a good format? I want it sized for the most common, widely available badge holder.

#239 9 years ago

Robin
    Are you allowing an additional line for actual names

#240 9 years ago

Okay, work on the badge generator is progressing nicely, should be finished soon!

Quoted from Skypilot:

Are you allowing an additional line for actual names

Great idea, but it should be optional I think. Maybe I'll also add option for location (country, city, state).

#241 9 years ago

This is great, and with the generator each person can print their own and go to expo w it! These look great

#243 9 years ago

My company prints and does custom promo items like lanyards, etc. Send me a PM if this is something I can help with. I can bring directly to Expo...think I'm going to be there Thursday night and Friday.

#244 9 years ago

I like it but I think the gold field should completely surround the photo box and maybe a slightly larger font for the Call Sign.

#245 9 years ago

Back in! Made some things work. Flying in Wed late to make the factory tour and have to leave Sat evening for work Sunday. Looking forward to drinks with JJ, McCune and others. Whoot!

#246 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Back in! Made some things work. Flying in Wed late to make the factory tour and have to leave Sat evening for work Sunday. Looking forward to drinks with JJ, McCune and others. Whoot!

SWEET!

#247 9 years ago

i was hoping to go this year, but 'ol lady reminded me erasure concert is sat, oct 18

#248 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

I was hoping to go this year, but 'ol lady reminded me erasure concert is sat, oct 18

Erasure? They're still together?

#249 9 years ago

Really looking forward to going this year!

#250 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Erasure? They're still together?

yeah, i guess so. it's a bucket list kinda 'thang. missed them during the 80's.
    Duran Duran is the 1st weekend in November too. They're playing inside the Austin City Limits (pbs) studio

Although, at dinner tonight, she told me I should go to Expo... hmmmm....

Could I go up Wed or Thur, and fly back on Sat to catch the concert ?
    What day is the Stern tour?

There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2014-meet-the-pinside-team/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.