4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by HHaase
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Our NW Pinball Show is coming up this weekend and that means we are busy preparing for what usually equates to 5-ish days of “camping” out at the FAST booth. We have been to enough pinball shows to have learned a few tips from exhibitor/vendor perspective. I thought I would start a thread where we could share tips and suggestions from all the different exhibitor/vendor experiences. This is some of what I love most about the pinball community. I’ll start with the greatest tip I share with people that I have have been passing on to others for a few shows now.

Lending & Borrowing Tools at Events

We are all in this together! So, of course, if a someone needed to borrow a tool or extension cord or sharpie pen, we want to share. My problem has never been having items “walk off” never to be seen again. My problem is that I forget who I loan something to in the madness of show setup or even during the show. My tip to all of you is this: Whenever I loan out an item I take a picture of the person holding the item. When the item is returned, I flip to the photo I took and delete the photo in their presence. This has been probably the biggest help in my pinball event experience.

What have you learned exhibiting/vending at pinball shows over the years?

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#2 4 years ago

If you use show-provided tables at your booth, it helps the promoter and venue a lot to have the exact number ahead of time. At last year's Pintastic New England, we unwittingly maxed out the the hotel's supply of 8'x2.5' rectangular tables. We improvised to satisfy all the needs, but we could have prevented some scrambling if we had accurate counts from all exhibitors (to be added in with the count of tables used by show staff).
    .................David Marston

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

If you use show-provided tables at your booth, it helps the promoter and venue a lot to have the exact number ahead of time. At last year's Pintastic New England, we unwittingly maxed out the the hotel's supply of 8'x2.5' rectangular tables. We improvised to satisfy all the needs, but we could have prevented some scrambling if we had accurate counts from all exhibitors (to be added in with the count of tables used by show staff).
    .................David Marston

That's more of a planning issue on the show owners end.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

That's more of a planning issue on the show owners end.

No matter how many tables you think you might need and plan for, you will always need more.

#5 4 years ago

Every show you go to, have a packing list of every little thing you bring with you. Update the list as you go.

Otherwise you'll forget your cough drops, asprin, sharpie, and all those other little things you need every time but always forget.

-Hans

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-event-tips-for-the-exhibitor-vendor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.