4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by durgee7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Capinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

IFPA website will be your best bet for seeing tournaments/leagues, etc until someone local chimes in.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/calendar/

Put your location in the search and it'll generate the info. I would just assume anything held at a bar would not allow for kids to play but other places should be good and you can contact the event organizer to find out.

I definitely recommend having your kids play as soon as they can, especially 8 and older. Just be mindful as to whether or not they're ready to play in a super competitive tournament vs casual torunament/league. Pinball players run the same spectrum as people in life and some don't care for kids playing in events much less being beaten by one.

My 2 younger sons(8 and 11) play in our local league. I just let my 8 year old play because he has not been ready to play. My 11 year old has played for over 3 years but probably could've started sooner, since hes already ranked in the top 800. I really think the social aspect of playing too is extremely beneficial. Good luck and definitely post after your first event.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Capinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-event-or-tournaments-for-kids?tu=Capinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.