(Topic ID: 213388)

Pinball Etiquette

By Captchaos

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

andy-cauble-captain-chaos-no-bleed-small (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

It all depends on who you're dealing with. I was selling a TSPP which had to be shipped to the next state over. The price was agreed upon, but it took a while to setup payment to where we both were comfortable. During that time I had a local person contact me to buy the TSPP, but I could not in good conscience take the local deal while the other deal was still in progress. Don't get me wrong I wanted too as it was much easier, but a deal is a deal to me. I want to believe a handshake means something, it certainly does to me.

#7 6 years ago

Escrow.com is a bit difficult. I would definitely try to stay local for both your buying and selling of a machine. I don't know if I would go through shipping one again after doing it once. Very stressful.

#11 6 years ago

On another note, welcome to Pinside. There is a lot of knowledge here, so don't hesitate to ask any of your questions. Half the fun of this hobby is in the hunt of a good machine for a fair price.

#26 6 years ago

The problem I see with a deposit is how long should the seller hold the game if a deposit is placed? I don't except deposits because I don't want to hold onto a game for a month + while someone is trying to come up with the rest of the money or any other type of scenario that could have a seller holding a game for a long time.

By not excepting a deposit that allows me to back out of a deal if I start seeing red flags or the terms start to change and I become uncomfortable with the buyer.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

It's real simple, set a date in stone, make the deposit something that's not crazy. $250 or so and it's non refundable. If the date passes you are free to extend it if you want to and trust the person or you can tell them to F off and relist the game. Most people are not trying to come up with the money, they are trying to find a way to ship the game or time to come get it. The flakes that are just trying to raise the money are not going to risk a non refundable deposit and if they do you just got a pinball for 4 more weeks and free money.

I know this is not wrong, but it just makes me feel uncomfortable. I wouldn't feel right about taking someones money and giving them nothing in return. I understand that they made the deal and it was on them to stick to the arrangement, I just don't like being in that situation. All of what has been discussed is why I don't think I will be doing a shipping deal again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-etiquette-1?tu=monk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.