(Topic ID: 213388)

Pinball Etiquette

By Captchaos

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

andy-cauble-captain-chaos-no-bleed-small (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Captchaos:

Ok. Just so I understand that "cash on the glass" will override an existing deal?

No way in hell it should override an existing deal. Cash on the Glass helps protect you as a buyer from misrepresentation and potential gray area with shipping issues. I’m assuming what guys are saying on this thread is that it was sorry of him to do this but the only way to avoid is picking up in person. However, I wouldn’t have 3/4 of the Pins I own If that was the only option.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Captchaos:

Just purchased my first machine from cserold and couldn't be happier. Great guy, great communication....no BS! He has now become my pinball guru and continues to help with all of my stupid questions.

Thanks @captchaos. Appreciate the new friendship as well and anything I have learned have been from the smart and generous folks on this site. It all comes around!

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

The problem I see with a deposit is how long should the seller hold the game if a deposit is placed? I don't except deposits because I don't want to hold onto a game for a month + while someone is trying to come up with the rest of the money or any other type of scenario that could have a seller holding a game for a long time.

Of course. Any deposit has to have a preset date for full payment and shipment defined IMO as was the case with this transaction. Buyer was prepared to pay the upcoming weekend and on delivery per the SELLERS request!

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

On your deal - Cuts both ways - you could have walked also and seller could be posting about you.

I think the point here is that he would have never done this.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I've probably taken 15 deposits over the last 5 years and never once had to even threaten keeping it. Communication is key to making everything work. I've also had at least 20 games shipped with pretty much no issues with the sellers. I'm not sure why people act like it's so hard on here. Just research and be careful who you are dealing with. Have a simple contract and enforce it if needed.

Totally agree with this. All in all buying and selling with shipping involved on this site is pretty darn safe with some basic due diligence (talk to the guy/gal on the phone, ask for pinside referrals, check post history on Pinside, etc.).

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Also buyer not taking any deposit on their end may sound like it protects the buyer, but it also keeps the seller on the clear if they bail. Sounds awesome when they don’t need a deposit to hold a game, but is it awesome?

I'm buying 3 games from same seller that I can't have shipped until 4/11. I didn't even ask just sent $1,000 right away and another $6,000 today.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gritty:

This can go both ways. I recently held a pin for a good friend who was waiting for his refund check to pay. I passed on other opportunities to sell the game to find out he changed his mind when his refund came in. This happened with a friend not a stranger. Moving forward I think the best way to handle it is first come first serve.

Not to belabor but this isn't the same situation. In this example the buyer WAS the first one and should have been served.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Sounds like this is definitely a larger seller if he has people out delivering games. It was a real dumb move on his part as the OP is new into pinball and is likely to buy several more games. The seller missed a great chance to build a good relationship and get several more sales.

and quite nice of the buyer to not mention any names and hurt his business I might add.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-etiquette-1?tu=cserold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.