(Topic ID: 213388)

Pinball Etiquette

By Captchaos

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

andy-cauble-captain-chaos-no-bleed-small (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Captchaos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So, I am new to the pinball world. Played a bit as a kid in the 80's and now have found that enjoyment once again! I found this site and started to hunt for a machine to buy. Just purchased my first machine from cserold and couldn't be happier. Great guy, great communication....no BS! He has now become my pinball guru and continues to help with all of my stupid questions. So I figured I wanted to buy a second machine that may be more appropriate for the masses when family is over. Decided to pick up a WOZ and had a deal done with another member on this site. We had both decided on a number which included shipping by his crew. All was said and done, delivery was set for this weekend. Receive an early morning text that he had sold the machine for $100 more that night to another buyer. Granted, my mistake was that I didn't put down a deposit as COD was the deal. In my line of work this is just not appropriate. I am open to suggestions moving forward as I don't want the same thing to happen again. Thanks for the advise!

#4 6 years ago

Ok. Just so I understand that "cash on the glass" will override an existing deal?

#10 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice!

#28 6 years ago

I offerred to pay through paypal, send cert check etc. Seller said COD was perfectly fine.

#30 6 years ago

I also dont want to throw anyone under the bus. I am not sure where the sellers primary source of income comes from. If pinball is it then I dont want to obstruct that. This is pure entertainment for me... or a midlife crisis.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Captchaos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-etiquette-1?tu=Captchaos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.