(Topic ID: 325781)

Pinball Eternal Game Announcement (Official Thread)

By dpadam450

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 312 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 hours ago by H3XAG0N
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    bill-hader-eating-popcorn.gif
    IMG_20190524_014842 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190527_224234 (resized).jpg
    mechs (resized).jpg
    EternalRed2 (resized).JPG
    Cooking (resized).png
    F6EC7A9D-5E7F-463B-B65B-7E6AAE5FE72D (resized).jpeg
    1E74E091-A659-40CC-99A3-01B3D3F26688 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pookycade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 1 year ago

Random thoughts:

1. I love this is out of the box thinking.
    2. The price point is fantastic and will generate sales.
    3. The initiative to make all your own mechs is really neat.
    4. I trust you have calculated your price in view of your costs.
    5. When finished I would buy one for my arcade.

HOWEVER:

6. Your launch as indicated by the product video is too early. It’s an definitely cool but unrefined prototype. You are at least a year out from any shipping product.
    7. The deposit before it’s finished, no matter how small, no matter what you say about refundability is worrisome given it follows a well worn definitely NOT outside the box playbook and is a non starter for me.
    8. Your price worries me and makes me question whether ALL costs of being a business have been fully considered beyond BOM.

I would love to be proven wrong on 6-8. Count me in once the early adopters have given their thumbs up and units are ready and assembled to be shipped.

1 year later
    #308 2 days ago

It is unfortunate this all went down as it did. Hopefully everything can cool down eventually. I might suggest that this thread and others like it get moved over into the homebrew thread. That is not intended to be any disrespect to Adam, but I can't help but feel that once something lands in the commercial space people think (wrongly) you get to go after it if it falls short of other manufacturers (which by its very nature it will). In the homebrew section this would be accorded the time and space and mostly judgement free zone it likely could benefit from to become a finished pin. Then one can think about commercial production and all that goes with that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pookycade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-eternal-announcement-official-thread?tu=pookycade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.