(Topic ID: 279726)

Pinball erection device.

By pinballslave

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201017_194547 (resized).jpg
    20201017_194612 (resized).jpg
    20201017_195048 (resized).jpg
    20201017_195134 (resized).jpg
    20201017_195200 (resized).jpg
    20201017_195311 (resized).jpg
    20201017_195339 (resized).jpg
    20201017_195401 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Here's something I dreamed up while I was recovering from a back injury while vowing to never strain my back again by putting a pinball on its legs... I've put around 20 games on their legs using this, and it's still going strong...

materials:
    1 hydraulic trolley jack
    1 sack barra
    About 0.5m2 18mm ply
    0.5 bicycle tyre
    Wood glue
    Screws, various lengths
    Nuts and bolts as seen fit

Tools:
    Angle grinder
    Jig saw
    Screw driver
    Spanner
    Welding machine

I actually made this over 15 years ago, not sure if I made drawings for it, but the below pics show it in action...

Not only does it get the game from vertical to horizontal with enough height to get the legs on, it can also be used to wheel the game around into its slot in the line up... obviously you can therefore also use it to wheel games out of a line-up to work on them...

20201017_195401 (resized).jpg20201017_195401 (resized).jpg20201017_195339 (resized).jpg20201017_195339 (resized).jpg20201017_195311 (resized).jpg20201017_195311 (resized).jpg20201017_195200 (resized).jpg20201017_195200 (resized).jpg20201017_195134 (resized).jpg20201017_195134 (resized).jpg20201017_195048 (resized).jpg20201017_195048 (resized).jpg20201017_194612 (resized).jpg20201017_194612 (resized).jpg20201017_194547 (resized).jpg20201017_194547 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

Great idea.

I saw a commercial version of this that costs a lot of money.

Yours looks as good if not better and a fraction of the cost.

Thank you for sharing !

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

Very cool!

#4 3 years ago

Yup read title and expected something totally different. Think shaker motor attached to a flesh light.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I saw a commercial version of this that costs a lot of money

Would be interested to see this, curious what it looks like! Do you recall where you saw it?

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

Would be interested to see this, curious what it looks like! Do you recall where you saw it?

I believe there was a link on Pinside at one time. I haven't been able to find it.

Looked like a pinball cart. You placed it to the upright game like an appliance dolly. Put a strap around it. It would lower itself to the ground, and then pull the game on top of it. Then you could raise the game up to put the legs on and remove the cart.

Around $5K as I recall.

Maybe someone else will remember it or have a link to it ?

#7 3 years ago

There were guys at Expo that sold these for years, like what LTG is talking about. I don't recall them being $5K though, maybe less then $500? It's been years.

John

#8 3 years ago

I tend struggle getting the legs on and the game upright without assistance. On occasion I have a waited a few days for help. The mere thought of hurting my back is enough to override the excitement to get the game setup. I would consider buying one of these if the price was right.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

There were guys at Expo that sold these for years, like what LTG is talking about. I don't recall them being $5K though, maybe less then $500? It's been years.

That was the pinball lifter guys. A lift table modified. Bruce Knightingale and his Father. I don't believe they sell them anymore.

What I saw on line was fancier and had more hydraulics and stuff.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Bruce and his Father made things like this. No longer available. And not what I was referring to. But similar.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yup read title and expected something totally different. Think shaker motor attached to a flesh light.

I was thinking more like the new JJP GnR- got a woody as soon i saw it

#12 3 years ago

In all honestly I just use my pincart the same way. Cart is rebuilt with new grommets and seals so it doesn’t leak. Tip the cart up so the top lines up with the bottom lip of that game. Tilt the game forwards and slowly lower the whole cart and pin forwards. Then use the lift cart in its normal way.

It would be a bit easier if you install locking wheels on the cart. So far I’ve used my method on 4 games and had no issues or spills with the hydraulics.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Bruce and his Father made things like this. No longer available. And not what I was referring to. But similar.

That's a cool device too... probably a touch more expensive than my gizmo, but does the job great! Just like mine, you have to remember to lower the jack fully before putting the game vertical (when taking a game into the storage position) or the whole thing can end up 'on it's roof'

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

In all honestly I just use my pincart the same way. Cart is rebuilt with new grommets and seals so it doesn’t leak. Tip the cart up so the top lines up with the bottom lip of that game. Tilt the game forwards and slowly lower the whole cart and pin forwards. Then use the lift cart in its normal way.

Would be curious to see some pics of that...

#15 3 years ago

Take my money!

#16 3 years ago

I'm not planning to make another one, but if you, or anyone, want any more details so you can make your own, and feel the relief of pain free erections, just let me know

#17 3 years ago

I get an erection every time I see a pinball, so I don't need a device for that

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I get an erection every time I see a pinball, so I don't need a device for that

Even Student Prince?

#19 3 years ago

Sorry to hear you needed help with your erections but glad you found a clever solution!

#20 3 years ago

I have always wanted a barco-pin-lounger...

Well played!

#21 3 years ago

Nice!! I built a set of these here a few years ago, a real back saver and works beautifully!

Here is the thread describing all the parts needed, start on page 2:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-move-a-pinball-machine-alone

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

Sorry to hear you needed help with your erections but glad you found a clever solution!

Thanks Ron, I knew I could rely on you for your support and encouragement.

Some of the really heavy erections really put a strain on my back, but since using this device, even the heaviest erections don't cause any back pain at all!!

Quoted from AUKraut:

built a set of these here a few years ago, a real back saver and works beautifully!

That's a neat idea... the only snag is that you need space behind the game to use the crank for the jack, and then need to move the game to its final position, usually with the back against the wall... of course a scissor jack type pin-dolly can do this part, so with that as well, you've cracked it!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-erection-device?hl=aflacjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.