4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“If you were to buy a machine, what is the least-important aspect?”

• Theme 1 vote
      3%
    • Playfield layout/rule set 0 votes
    • Features (special toys, lighting effects, artwork) 2 votes
      5%
    • Game designer 22 votes
      59%
    • Machine Brand 9 votes
      24%
    • Other 3 votes
      8%

(37 votes)

This poll has been closed.

#1 4 years ago

Greetings all Pinsiders. I am taking a marketing research class, and my project is focused on our favorite subject = pinball! For my project, I have created a short survey (only 10 questions) to gather opinions and understand the types of products and services that are of interest for pinball fans, like yourself. I am not pushing to sell anything, as this is purely an academic exercise. I am only requesting your input about pinball as a fellow Pinsider. Thank you for your help in advance.

To access the survey, please follow this link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/96L6W93

#2 4 years ago

Uh, you didn't even include price.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Uh, you didn't even include price.

Whoa big dick money bags just showed up!

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Whoa big dick money bags just showed up!

Nope, the most I've ever paid for a game was $5K. I got an MM in (I think) 2005 when I saw the prices going stupid.

Look at my funny edit footnote.

#5 4 years ago

Since I’ve got a few pins on route now, the game designer is the least important factor in my buying a pin. Theme would be the most important decision when routing games.

#6 4 years ago

Question #10 assumes pinball purchases come only through retail. That might skew whatever determinations you make from the survey.

#7 4 years ago

First and foremost, WOW 7yrs on Pinside and this is your first post, congrats and thanks for joining us! You should interact more often! Set a profile pic, update your collection!

Now for the survey. I share the sentiment with others above me. Your survey could use a lot of tweaking, but since it’s for marketing I guess it’s geared towards the primary market, not the hobbyist/private sales side of things.
    I’ve only bought from other pinsiders or Craigslist.
    Also what’s unfortunate is it seems to focus on essentially the market that we’ve seen for the past decade. And doesn’t bother accounting for the way things use to be in the 80’s when innovation was wild!

My favorite and most important thing in pinball is the novelty. I want a major Fun Factor that comes from the unique and unusual. Games like the hybrid Baby Pac-Man, the wild 3D Orbitor 1, the oddity of cocktail tables, or even simply interesting mechanisms on the more standard tables like my recent pickup of Monday Night Football and the ramp with field goal that pops up in the middle of the playfield.

I have bought utter stinkers that are really hated among pinballers because of how peculiar they are.
    That’s basically the modus operandi of my collecting.

#8 4 years ago

I was between the game designer and maker, but I chose game designer. A fun game is a gun game regardless. It doesn't matter who designs it. I also agree that maker doesn't matter as much, but some people really like the boards, cab, or overall aesthetics of one maker over another...so I can understand that easier.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-enthusiast-s-opinions-wanted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.