Topic Stats

• 640 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by Scorch
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 58 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EDU (resized).jpg
baed718dee32fe8a3f2a3a539649199ec4032cc8 (resized).jpg
4576D02E-BF28-4FC7-86C2-7C7F33F3C937 (resized).jpeg
2017-11-01 22_43_18-(15) Pinball EDU Charity, 501c3 - Home - Internet Explorer (resized).png
20171009_211506 (resized).jpg
20171009_211452 (resized).jpg
20171009_195012 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1504806766383 (resized).jpg
IMG_0677 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0403 (resized).JPG
gross receipts (resized).PNG
pinball edu (resized).PNG
pinballeduscreenshot (resized).png
IMG_0599 (resized).JPG
winapin (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

38 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 654 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
#601 9 months ago

1 ticket left............

#602 9 months ago

And SOLD OUT!!!!

Good luck everyone!!!

#603 9 months ago

How do they do their drawings? Is it live on video or do they just post the winner somewhere?

#604 9 months ago

There will be an email link to the live drawing sent to the ticket purchasers soon.

Good luck to all.

#605 9 months ago

Woohoo! Drawing tomorrow, finger and toes crossed!

#606 9 months ago

Who won?

#607 9 months ago

Paul Stott. Congratulations Paul!

#608 9 months ago

2017-11-01 22_43_18-(15) Pinball EDU Charity, 501c3 - Home - Internet Explorer (resized).png

3 weeks later
#609 8 months ago

Looks like 12 tickets left or so, sell out today drawing Sunday hopefully

#610 8 months ago

11 left now

#611 8 months ago

Sold out

#612 8 months ago

Everyone should've got an email yesterday, drawing at 5pm EST today. Good luck to all!

#613 8 months ago

Who won?

3 weeks later
#614 7 months ago

How many tickets are left?

#615 7 months ago

10000-9320/40=17 tickets

#616 7 months ago

3 left

#617 7 months ago

sold out

#618 7 months ago

Dang missed out

#619 7 months ago

Awesome! Someone will have a great start to the new year!

2 months later
#621 5 months ago

Only 3 left.

#622 5 months ago

All gone! Just tried to buy 1 or 2.

#623 5 months ago

Still looks like 3 are still available. They are checking into the issue.

3 weeks later
#624 4 months ago

Looks like another sell out. Drawing Friday?

#625 4 months ago

Yes, Friday 2pm EST

#626 4 months ago

All these sell outs they must be doing lots of stuff for those with special needs as this was the intended goal of the organization from what I recall. “We place pinball machines with families that have children with autism, and we're in the process of opening our first community center in Maryland. All of the money raised goes to the charity.”
This seems to be the second drawing in less than a month.

I’d love to see what Spinners, has accomplished. Is it no longer Pinball Edu? I’m so very confused about the whole business/charity aspect of what is going on here.

I also noticed this on the State of Maryland website today. Go here and search Pinball Edu and you will see it says they have never actually completed the paperwork to be a charity and can’t solicite donations.

http://sos.maryland.gov/Charity/Pages/SearchCharity.aspx

Pretty odd for an organization running this raffles on a regular basis raising thousands of dollars at a time.
4576D02E-BF28-4FC7-86C2-7C7F33F3C937 (resized).jpeg

I also noticed that they seem to have raised over $100,000 yet their federal tax filling is the simple form which you only file if you have far less income. Just lots of little oddities. Maybe some of you may also like to check this out as it’s just not adding up to me at all when I look at it. Maryland does provide a convenient form
to report a charity you may have concerns about their legitimacy as well. http://sos.maryland.gov/Charity/Pages/Report-A-Charity.aspx

I’m sure Spinners has plenty of answers for all these issues though and again I’d love to see some of the events they have hosted and games they have placed in homes. Our hobby is so full of people doing great things it’s wodnerful to share them to encourage others to do the same or you know even buy a ticket for that next questionably legal raffle they host.

#627 4 months ago

Joe who runs this Charity doesnt post much...at all.
I would also like to see more transperency, updates and comments by OP.
Unlike Project Pinball, which is very open to details, pictures, accomplishments. I see none of that here. Not even Thank You's for supporting the Charity.
It has become borderline suspicious and It really makes me wonder how many games have been placed.
I so very hope I'm wrong.
But Joe, please get more involved and supoort your own organization.

#628 4 months ago

Missed it live who is the lucky pinball fan today?

#629 4 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

It’s at 2 pm pst no? 13 minutes yet?

Nevermind est...doh

#630 4 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

If you go to twitch and search for Pinball joe channel, you can watch the replay...I don’t want to post the winners name till they see it first.

#631 4 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Joe who runs this Charity doesnt post much...at all.
I would also like to see more transperency, updates and comments by OP.
Unlike Project Pinball, which is very open to details, pictures, accomplishments. I see none of that here. Not even Thank You's for supporting the Charity.
It has become borderline suspicious and It really makes me wonder how many games have been placed.
I so very hope I'm wrong.
But Joe, please get more involved and supoort your own organization.

True doesn’t post much here anymore, but he does send emails updating contributors...at least I have received quite a few.

#632 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

If you go to twitch and search for Pinball joe channel, you can watch the replay...I don’t want to post the winners name till they see it first.

Looks like the replay for this drawing isn't up yet? Just a small clip that doesn't show any winner?

#633 4 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Looks like the replay for this drawing isn't up yet? Just a small clip that doesn't show any winner?

I just watched it to see if I won (spoiler I didn't) so I know that the full video is up.

#634 4 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I’ll pm you the name, hope it’s yours

#635 4 months ago

Just seems like a way for the OP to get pinball machines for his own use and gains.

#636 4 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

All these sell outs they must be doing lots of stuff for those with special needs as this was the intended goal of the organization from what I recall. “We place pinball machines with families that have children with autism, and we're in the process of opening our first community center in Maryland. All of the money raised goes to the charity.”
I’d love to see what Spinners, has accomplished. Is it no longer Pinball Edu? I’m so very confused about the whole business/charity aspect of what is going on here.
I also noticed this on the State of Maryland website today. Go here and search Pinball Edu and you will see it says they have never actually completed the paperwork to be a charity and can’t solicite donations.
Pretty odd for an organization running this raffles on a regular basis raising thousands of dollars at a time.

I also noticed that they seem to have raised over $100,000 yet their federal tax filling is the simple form which you only file if you have far less income. Just lots of little oddities. Maybe some of you may also like to check this out as it’s just not adding up to me at all when I look at it. Maryland does provide a convenient form
to report a charity you may have concerns about their legitimacy as well. http://sos.maryland.gov/Charity/Pages/Report-A-Charity.aspx
I’m sure Spinners has plenty of answers for all these issues though and again I’d love to see some of the events they have hosted and games they have placed in homes. Our hobby is so full of people doing great things it’s wodnerful to share them to encourage others to do the same or you know even buy a ticket for that next questionably legal raffle they host.

Thanks for the info tsskinne. You gotta charge your phone though

#637 4 months ago
Quoted from aalucero:

Just seems like a way for the OP to get pinball machines for his own use and gains.

This is a little harsh. The OP does seem to update on Facebook from time to time including (finally) a kids event at the gameroom. Issues with communication and accounting aside, I see no reason to question their good intentions.

2 weeks later
#638 3 months ago

Here is a link for the April drawing, don’t think it’s been posted here. Currently at 37% sold

https://go.rallyup.com/2ec43f

#639 3 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Here is a link for the April drawing, don’t think it’s been posted here. Currently at 37% sold
https://go.rallyup.com/2ec43f

57% now. Iron Maiden is a prize option for this one (as noted in the e-mail I received)

#640 3 months ago

I have seen people on fb call this a scam, can anyone vouche for the legitimacy of this thing?

#641 3 months ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

I have seen people on fb call this a scam, can anyone vouche for the legitimacy of this thing?

Depends on how legitimate you mean. In respect to does the person raffle off items including a pinball machine, He indeed does. I have not heard anyone say they did not get what the "won". In terms of the remaining profits going to help those in need in anyway, that is yet to be seen (unlike Project Pinball). In terms of randomness, it is in this pinsiders opinion that having a person grab a piece of paper out of the bucket or roller is fine but when pieces are clearly bent or different sized than others (no idea why my 5 year old nephew can cut rectangles of equal size) it makes me think that there is some kind of fixing going on. These are my opinions and all I have is what I see. When he looks like he is "concentrating" while picking names and shuffling around the entries for significant time it makes me think he is searching for something rather than shuffling more in a drum that was already turned. These again are just my observational opinions and full disclosure I do not enter his drawings anymore. I stick strictly with Project Pinball. I have not won any machines or items from either but I like what I see from Dan at Project Pinball more.

#642 3 months ago

I would not say it's a scam. I will say it's not transparent enough exactly how much is collected and what it's used for.

If you want a chance to win it's fine. If you actually want your money used for a charitable purpose I suggest a more transparent organization.

The sad part to me is many non-profits use the lack of transparency to hide shady operations so they are all under a cloud of suspicion. Look at the recent Red Cross scandals. Ask Tim Arnold why he no longer works with the Salvation Army.

#643 3 months ago

Can any Pinsider that has won a machine post to verify that they received their game and that everything was on the up and up? Everything seems fairly legit to me but one or two people showing the games that they won would put a lot of people's minds at ease. There are posts on the Facebook page showing how the money is being used, and when he does the drawings he talks about it as well for what it's worth.

#644 3 months ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Can any Pinsider that has won a machine post to verify that they received their game and that everything was on the up and up? Everything seems fairly legit to me but one or two people showing the games that they won would put a lot of people's minds at ease. There are posts on the Facebook page showing how the money is being used, and when he does the drawings he talks about it as well for what it's worth.

Several winners already posted here (easy to find a chunk by just looking at the image gallery).

#645 3 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Received it, I did.

Yes, I received my winning game last year, which I had upgraded to the premium before receiving it.

baed718dee32fe8a3f2a3a539649199ec4032cc8 (resized).jpg

#646 3 months ago

I won an Aerosmith about a year ago and got the game shipped straight to the house from Cointaker! Great day that was.

#647 3 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Curious, since when I run the same search you cite I get this result:

----------------------------------------------------
Pinball Edu, Inc.
Joe Said, 201 East Patrick Street #189, Frederick, MD, 21705, Frederick County, Phone : (765) 490-1308
Disclaimer - This organization is in compliance with the Maryland Solicitations Act.
Income
Charitable Contributions: $103,797.11
Total Income: $56,200.78
Expenses
Charitable Program: $2,825.93
Management and General Expenses: $15,679.79
Fund Raising Expenses: $6,666.10
Total: Fundraising and Mgt Expenses: $22,345.89 (39.76%)
Percentage denotes amount of money spent on management and fund-raising for reporting year. Financial figures were obtained from organization’s IRS 990 report.
Year Represented: 2016 Uses a Paid Fundraiser: No
Purpose: To educate the public about the historic American pasttime of pinball.
MD Charity Identification Number (CID): 31141
----------------------------------------------------

Not that I want to get in a rabbit hole of conflicting opinions, just a data point.

#648 3 months ago

Got this e-mail (currently at 72.8%) https://go.rallyup.com/2ec43f/Campaign [EDIT 80% -- that was fast] :

EDU (resized).jpg

#649 3 months ago

92% now

#650 3 months ago

Who's buying these? Sure doesn't seem like Pinside.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 63.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Madison, WI
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 654 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside