You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-09-11 08_14_02-DFW Pinball & Arcade Club - Internet Explorer.png
EDU (resized).jpg
baed718dee32fe8a3f2a3a539649199ec4032cc8 (resized).jpg
4576D02E-BF28-4FC7-86C2-7C7F33F3C937 (resized).jpeg
2017-11-01 22_43_18-(15) Pinball EDU Charity, 501c3 - Home - Internet Explorer (resized).png
20171009_211506 (resized).jpg
20171009_211452 (resized).jpg
20171009_195012 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1504806766383 (resized).jpg
IMG_0677 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0403 (resized).JPG
gross receipts (resized).PNG
pinball edu (resized).PNG
pinballeduscreenshot (resized).png
IMG_0599 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

38 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 662 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.
#501 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

He wants evidence that the money is being used for its intended purpose. Same as I asked for a few weeks back and didn't get.
Pinball EDU will not get donations from me until they show how much they collect, what it's being spent on, and how much is left.

Genuinely curious, are you donating more money than beyond the $40 raffle? I mean I get if you're throwing extra money as an actual donation and you don't feel it's being used appropriately. I could see you wanting more info, but if you're just buying raffle tickets for a chance to win a pinball machine, then what's the issue? It's not different than buying a lotto ticket or scratch-off, you're paying for a chance at winning. That money is going to the state where there really is no transparency, despite what they may say.

#502 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Don't they disclose that kind of legal information on their website? Not a chat thread on pinside?! I agree making sure they're legit but what's a picture gonna do?!

It isn't on their website and the forms they have filed when compared to the number of raffles they have conducted show proof of either mismanagement or lying. If you want to enter a pinball raffle I suggest spending the extra $10 with Project Pinball for better odds of winning and a guarantee your funds are going to the stated charitable causes along with easily seen proof as they have made it all publicly available and easily found. I have zero problems with charity raffles, I think these are great. But I do expect a charity to uphold their end of the bargain. Anyone else who is curious I suggest reaching out to the IRS as well as the State of Maryland government. Answers weren't that hard to find, and let's just say they didn't leave me with a positive impression of this organization.

#503 7 years ago
Quoted from Jason1413:

Genuinely curious, are you donating more money than beyond the $40 raffle? I mean I get if you're throwing extra money as an actual donation and you don't feel it's being used appropriately. I could see you wanting more info, but if you're just buying raffle tickets for a chance to win a pinball machine, then what's the issue?

One charity I support is the Texas Ramp Project. I know 100% of my donation (labor) is used to build handicap accessible ramps for people who could not otherwise afford it. That is using your resources appropriately.

If your goal is to support a charity, do enough research to satisfy yourself that your donation is being used to your satisfaction. Less than 30% of my donation helping those in need doesn't meet my criteria.

#504 7 years ago

I'm a big fan of Joe's and I have no issue with the charity at all, but I'm curious...isn't Stern Pinball a sponsor of the charity? Why is the charity spending $5000 on each pinball machine and not buying it at wholesale dealer cost, which I assume is less?

#505 7 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

I'm a big fan of Joe's and I have no issue with the charity at all, but I'm curious...isn't Stern Pinball a sponsor of the charity? Why is the charity spending $5000 on each pinball machine and not buying it at wholesale dealer cost, which I assume is less?

Keep asking questions and you will keep getting answers that make little sense is what I've found.

#506 7 years ago

Or just don't buy a ticket

#507 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If your goal is to support a charity, do enough research to satisfy yourself that your donation is being used to your satisfaction. Less than 30% of my donation helping those in need doesn't meet my criteria.

But are you supporting a charity when you're buying a ticket from EDU or are you trying to win yourself a pinball machine for $40/chance? I'm not trying to bust your balls here, but I see a bunch of posts on this thread (from others as well) have this weird angle like people have been throwing money at this charity and have somehow been duped into paying for a guys vacation house and Ferrari. When really you've been putting $40/chance on trying to win yourself a $5000 pinball game. Would you have done this raffle even if you didn't know where the money was going? Let's not kid ourselves here.

#508 7 years ago
Quoted from Jason1413:

But are you supporting a charity when you're buying a ticket from EDU

Yes. If you want to enter a raffle to win a pinball machine worth $5000 just get 249 of your buddies together and raffle one off. The tickets are only $20 if you're not donating to charity.

Quoted from Jason1413:

I see a bunch of posts on this thread (from others as well) have this weird angle like people have been throwing money at this charity and have somehow been duped into paying for a guys vacation house and Ferrari. When really you've been putting $40/chance on trying to win yourself a $5000 pinball game. Would you have done this raffle even if you didn't know where the money was going? Let's not kid ourselves here.

If all you care about is the pinball machine why pick Pinball EDU instead of a more transparent charity or doing your own raffle? If raffle A & raffle B are the same price for the same prize and raffle A is raising money to spread the word of pinball among children but raffle B is financing some guy's vacation house and Ferrari which ticket would you buy and why? And how would you find out what is really happening to the money?

#509 7 years ago

Yep, caught me red-handed. I'm just trying to win something, I don't care about the charity.

"Cuff 'em boys."

#510 7 years ago

Someone mentioned Project Pinball is only $50. I checked, its $75 but I was so impressed, I got a ticket.

I'd have to say I liked Project Pinball's website, it is well developed, there is a clear goal in mind with results shown over the last five years.

Thank you YeOldPinPlayer for the tag to Project Pinball and for letting me understand your thoughts in the matter. Very enlightening, and thank you for your charity work.

#511 7 years ago
Quoted from Darren_Sisco:

Someone mentioned Project Pinball is only $50. I checked, its $75 but I was so impressed, I got a ticket.
I'd have to say I liked Project Pinball's website, it is well developed, there is a clear goal in mind with results shown over the last five years.
Thank you YeOldPinPlayer for the tag to Project Pinball and for letting me understand your thoughts in the matter. Very enlightening, and thank you for your charity work.

they have 2 here is one for $50 https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/pro2017-sweepstakes

#512 7 years ago
Quoted from Darren_Sisco:

Yeah when they charge the $75 it is usually for a premium model machine I believe.

#513 7 years ago

That's my future aerosmith le you talking about!

#514 7 years ago

I so enjoy these charitable conversations.

I am going to start a charity after I get better, as I get better. It is going to be focused on equipment and TBI and simply getting used good equipment into people's hands who can't afford them. Locally right where it's needed.

That's all. I couldn't tie into pinball. I will be the pinball glue in my charity. It's going to work and I'm going to help people. I hope to start a TBI support group to help recent TBI survivors cope, too. The TBI group I am in is the most fucked up crowd, excuse my language. So much physical and mental damage. The most of each possible in many cases.

I can help them and I will. I am one of them. I can't wait to share more, but pinball and its involvement is secondary. If I can help I will.

#515 7 years ago

I ask people here to please restrain from posting about Project Pinball Charity on Joe's Pinball.edu’s thread. I do believe, it is disrespectful and not needed.

I have known Joe Said for several years now and I believe in his dream to help kids with autism through pinball. I feel that his intent is pure and wish him the best of luck to make this come true.

-Daniel Spolar

#516 7 years ago

21 tickets left, maybe it'll sell out today?

https://go.rallyup.com/pinballedu-mar17

#517 7 years ago

I'm in for a ticket

#518 7 years ago

6 tickets left should be gone real quick

#519 7 years ago

Looks like it is sold out!

#520 7 years ago

It's sold out good luck to everyone

#521 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

It's sold out good luck to everyone

When is the drawing?

#522 7 years ago

Tomorrow my Batman...or Ghostbusters ..or both will be on the way.

#523 7 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

When is the drawing?

It's tmrw at 5pm est

#525 7 years ago

I'm wondering who won. I have a drawing for the 1st and never received any type of communication since purchase. I did get a ticket to print.

Says April 1st was the drawing. 2 days ago. I get a little concerned when I join a drawing and then never hear anything else. Makes me wonder about my involvement. I don't like to wonder. I have enough to wonder about. Did someone win? This would be project pinball charity drawing showing April 1st for a Aerosmith or a batman66.

#526 7 years ago

I think I get it now that a pro raffle ended on the first but my premium raffle is not sold out yet. I skipped the pro raffle, that ended it looks like. I think.

#527 7 years ago

My email said today at 5 central...nothing??

#529 7 years ago

Congrats Matt and all the other winners!

IMG_0403 (resized).JPGIMG_0403 (resized).JPG

#530 7 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I'm wondering who won. I have a drawing for the 1st and never received any type of communication since purchase. I did get a ticket to print.
Says April 1st was the drawing. 2 days ago. I get a little concerned when I join a drawing and then never hear anything else. Makes me wonder about my involvement. I don't like to wonder. I have enough to wonder about. Did someone win? This would be project pinball charity drawing showing April 1st for a Aerosmith or a batman66.

Quoted from Azmodeus:

I think I get it now that a pro raffle ended on the first but my premium raffle is not sold out yet. I skipped the pro raffle, that ended it looks like. I think.

That's a different raffle ran by project pinball.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-the-children-and-win-a-new-stern/page/41#post-3681409

#531 7 years ago

I am not digging that the last two winners tickets were folded or bent considerably compared to the others. I would rather see a list that is by numbers and balls like in bingo. It just seems odd.

2 weeks later
#532 6 years ago

Bought mine for the new raffle

http://www.pinballraffle.org/

#533 6 years ago

Got 2 tickets Good luck 2 all

#534 6 years ago

So I see another two months have gone by I assume we should be hearing the announcement about the physical space any day now?

1 week later
#535 6 years ago

Got a couple tickets, 60 left now.

1 week later
#536 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So I see another two months have gone by I assume we should be hearing the announcement about the physical space any day now?

Just received an email that they signed a lease.

#539 6 years ago

Those last 50 tickets or so always go quick. Lucky I got one.

1 week later
#540 6 years ago

Drawing at 4pm EST today I believe

#541 6 years ago

And a video tour of the new space? Excited for that.

#542 6 years ago

Well I didn't win a pinball but I did win in the fact that I contributed and get to see progress with this charity to help children!

#543 6 years ago

Is there a list of winners somewhere? Missed the drawing.

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I just watched the video on twitch, its under past broadcasts. Joe usually posts the winners to his FB page also.

#545 6 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Just sent via email.

IMG_0677 (resized).JPGIMG_0677 (resized).JPG

#546 6 years ago

Last year I won a signed Ghostbusters translight, anyone that won a TWD signed translight want to trade? Long shot but who knows

1 week later
#547 6 years ago

When will next drawing be?

#548 6 years ago

https://go.rallyup.com/pinballedu-may17

Here's the link to their June drawing

1 week later
#550 6 years ago

Bought mine bump.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 662 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-edu-charity-raffle-win-a-pinball-machine/page/11?hl=rudysoup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.