By Pinball-is-great

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Concerning pinball drive-bys”

• I'm too busy to waste any time doing drive-bys. Besides, there is no machines out on location anyhow. 6 votes
    16%
  • I've found several machines this way over the years. Score! 17 votes
    45%
  • I almost got in a wreck one time doing a pinball drive-by. 1 vote
    3%
  • My wife/girlfriend usually ask me what in the hell am I'm doing when I do pinball drive-bys with her in the truck, then rolls her eyes. 8 votes
    21%
  • I've done some pinball drive-bys, but never noticed a machine in a business yet. 4 votes
    11%
  • I had a cop pull me over after he watched me doing a slow drive-by. I think he thinks I'm not playing with a full deck. 0 votes
  • I'm gonna start doing some pinball drive-bys. I bet I can find some machines. 2 votes
    5%

(Multiple choice - 38 votes by 36 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NBA_Fastbreak-LafLA-Jan2017 (resized).jpg
NBA_Fastbreak-cab-Jan2017-LafLA (resized).jpg
tough_girls_cruisin (resized).jpg
black_lowrider_car (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-is-great.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Let's hear about some of your pinball "drive-bys" that you've caught yourself doing over the years.
I know I'm not the only pinball junkie that has done this on occasion.

You know, like when you see a laundromat out of the corner of your eye while driving. So you slow down and do a drive-by, looking in the windows to see if you see any pinball machines in there.

Earlier tonight just after I left the bowling alley, I scored seeing a machine through the front windows in the side room of a small bar & grill that I haven't been inside before. Wait! Was that a pinball machine in there. So I hook a quick right and drive back through the parking lot real slow getting a better look, ...trying to not look like a criminal. Son-of-a-xxxxx, I think that's an Bally NBA Fastbreak.
Well, now I know of another pinball machine out on location to go check out. I'll post an update to this story, take a pic, and will report back on condition and how well it plays.

#2 7 years ago

Some of the likely places to find pinball machines inside:
* Laundromats
* Bars
* Bar & grill restaurants
* Pizza joints
* Bowling Alleys
* Family funparks & arcades
* Gameroom at some campgrounds
* Gamerooms at large theme parks
* Pinball retail shop

Any other places that I'm forgetting?

Sometimes when you drive by these type places, curiosity kicks in, and you go inside to check it out if any pinball machines inside.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I probably just dreamed all of that. So, no, I don't really have any drive-by stories.

Hmmm, I guess this wasn't you doing a pinball drive-by the other day.
black_lowrider_car (resized).jpgblack_lowrider_car (resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago

Picture taken just before heading out to look for pinball machines out on location around town.
tough_girls_cruisin (resized).jpgtough_girls_cruisin (resized).jpg

#23 7 years ago

Don't know about all of the other states and provinces, but not very many pinball machines can be found out on location at public places in Louisiana. Mostly in Louisiana we just play pinball at a friend's house who collects machines and has a gameroom. So, when you do find a new (to you) pinball machine out in the wild that is not on one of the Pin Maps, it is sort of a big deal.

#25 7 years ago

Update on the pinball machine I found last week while driving by a business.
* It is a Bally NBA Fastbreak, set on 3-balls per game
* It's in very good condition overall, cabinet is not all dinged up, playfield decent and could be made to shine
* Most everything seemed to work on the playfield. Machine was level (from side-to-side), played fast but not too fast.
* Earned a few extra balls, won a few games, got to enter my initials twice.
Here is some of the good news:
* Business owner was friendly, and said he plans to add one or more additional pinball machines during 2017.
* Price per game set at a whopping $0.25 Score!!
NBA_Fastbreak-cab-Jan2017-LafLA (resized).jpgNBA_Fastbreak-cab-Jan2017-LafLA (resized).jpg
NBA_Fastbreak-LafLA-Jan2017 (resized).jpgNBA_Fastbreak-LafLA-Jan2017 (resized).jpg
Glad I went in there to check it out, and was happy to find a machine in decent playable condition, and only a quarter a game to play.

#28 7 years ago

The NBAFB was actually not in the bar like I first thought, but was in the little business next door to it.
It seems their focus is making specialty popcorn, and had a side room for throwing little kids b-day parties.
I didn't ask about the popcorn, but I did see bags of different colors of popcorn.
Perhaps they do carmel covered popcorn and stuff like that.
They did have a small step stool or two that kids could stand on to play the pinball machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-is-great.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-drive-bys?tu=pinball-is-great and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.