You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220320_135317 (resized).jpg
20210811_200114 (resized).jpg
C934C2FA-57A4-4C42-A3E0-1F6BDCF97AF7 (resized).jpeg
B.R.O. (resized).jpg
6E5EBC9C-8982-49BB-91A4-0108BABF0564 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 2 years ago

Actually thought my buddies and I invented disc golf in 2002 by throwing some ultimate lids around campus at statues and fire hydrants. A few years later hosting a poker game a guy shows up late saying he had been disc golfing. I asked the details and soon asked him how much I had to give him right then to have a good set of discs and bag by the weekend. I went all in.

Leagues, led to course building, led to tournies, led to playing NEFA Winter Challenge, led to captaining the Devens, MA winter team, led to regional touring, led to going from AM2 to AM1 to Pro Open. And... then the kiddo comes, tournies go from 22 per summer to 2. Wouldn't change a thing though. We're playing a round in Dallas in a few weeks while on vacation.

I had a great run, got to be on some cards with some great players and people (Avery Jenkins, Jeff Spring) but I only played 1 tourney last year - Brewster River Open (pic of the final hole below, and where World's was a few years ago), and my rust and age were showing (went to VT Co-op Pinball night between rounds to blow off steam!). Next year I can play Pro Masters and my son will just be good enough to get into Rec/Am2. Hell, in P.E. Paige Pierce and I think James Conner came in the Innova van and did a lesson for the elementary school.

For discs I throw there's only ONE criteria - it has to be flat!!! I hate discs with a dome. My hand doesn't feel right when it feels like it's chucking a textbook. Flat Teebirds, Buzz's, and Rhyno's make up the majority of my driver/mid/putter lineup. Throw in a Firebird and Zone for utility/overhands. Have new and beat versions of everything as I can't flick due to a torn labrum. And I'm that one player who unapologetically throws an Innova Groove!

For courses, the northeast gems have been listed above (Maple, Borderlands, Wickham) but I also got to shout out Devens for a cruel change of pace. Also Tully Lake, Flat Rock (Franchie is the man!), Sunapee, and just about every course in VT. Buff (MA) and Hollows (NH) can pound sand. Amesbury (MA) and Pelham (NH) are great for newbies and families. North Calais should be every northeastern player's bucket list course (and those outside the region too).

B.R.O. (resized).jpgB.R.O. (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-disc-golfers?tu=yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.