Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by fish1975tx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Since I started acquiring pinball machines a few years back, I strived for variety throughout the years and also picked up some of my favorite machines from the past. A few have come and gone, but I am very happy with where my collection is now.

As I research each game, I started noticing that not many were designed by the same guy. So I looked into it and found 18 different designers, not including other members on the team, were given credit for the 25 machines I have now. The most I have by one designer is four by Steve Ritchie.

A few of the machines (including GnR, No Fear, Big Guns, and a couple others ) were given credit to a team, but the rest as far as I can tell are single designers.

Here is the list-

Harry Williams
    Harry Mabs
    Wayne Neyens
    Steve Kordek
    Gordon Horlick
    Norm Clark
    Jim Patla
    Ted Zale
    Ed Krynski
    Greg Kmiec
    Bill Parker
    Steve Ritchie
    John Trudeau
    Barry Oursler
    Brian Eddy
    John Borg
    Mark Ritchie
    Joe Kaminkow

Besides the designers mentioned above-
    Python Anghelo was given design team credit on Big Guns
    Slash and Lyman F. Sheats Jr. were given team credit on GnR.
    Greg Freres, Matt Coriale, and Dwight Sullivan were given team credit on No fear.

A couple of the above mentioned were on other machines design teams as well.

#4 9 years ago

Nice variety so far. Since I'm bored at work, I figured I'd research some of the designers that passed through here but are no longer in my collection-

George Christian
    Keith Johnson
    Joe Balcer
    Pat Lawlor
    Joe Norris
    John Popadiuk
    Tim Seckel
    Ed Cebula

If I can come up with any more, I will add them to the list.

#9 9 years ago

This is pretty cool. Usually only a handful of designers get mentioned, but I am seeing a great many names come up that are and were involved in the creative process of pinball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-designers-represented-in-your-collection?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.