(Topic ID: 197539)

Pinball Designers... Please listen!

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

christ (resized).jpg
    IMG_2524 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2523 (resized).JPG
    propeller_schematic (resized).jpg
    propeller_markup (resized).jpg
    first_setup (resized).jpg
    amh2 (resized).jpg
    hardware_1 (resized).png
    amh1 (resized).jpg
    Schematic-Picture (resized).png
    chunky (resized).png
    graphic_compare_TB (resized).jpg
    big (resized).jpg
    now lets all agree (resized).png
    image-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider longhornengineer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Yes, that 's actually the WMS boot sequence so I don't know what planet you are on?
    Modern microprocessors are sold by a few companies that provide generic software bundles so developers can use their products.
    Ben Heck used these, and was happy to promote that fact via his Farnell (sorry, Element 14) web channel.
    It would be best if some on here actually had some electronic knowledge rather than mouthing off about things that they "think".
    Homepin is using the same FREE software tools provided by these companies and everyone else is invited to use them too.

Those companies did not create the assets you just shamelessly ripped off. Ben and crew did.

The Pinheck System is under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Where is your contribution to the project?

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

As for the comments about fonts, come on Ben, you can't be serious.........

Well MicroChip doesn't include the Atari 800 font with the IDE and who in there right mind would use the Propeller unless they where coping the PinHeck System. I see it right under the DMD cable. You even copied an older system with two SD cards due to bandwidth issues with the Assembly code. This was fixed in a later revision of the Assembly code.

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

It would be best if some on here actually had some electronic knowledge rather than mouthing off about things that they "think".
    Homepin is using the same FREE software tools provided by these companies and everyone else is invited to use them too.

Your talking to the PinHeck System designer here bud.

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

It is all industry standard stuff - there are no secrets or surprises here at all.

Lol ok. Yes using logic AND gates and a 556 timer to watch dog the solenoid mosfets is "standard". We designed so much wack into the PinHeck that its easy to spot

Yes I see the 556 timer in there. There is no reason for it. A 555 timer would be fine but I had already designed the 556 for another project so I had the footprint and layout already designed. Why would YOU use the 556 timer and just throw away half the chip.

For those that don't know a 556 timer is basically two 555 timer chips in a single IC chip. On the Pinheck we just don't use the other.

Dude your caught.

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

We have no 555's or 556's in our machine - anywhere. Just more crap from "the opposition". They are not in that picture because they don't exist in our machine - not even in the prototypes. In fact, I don't even recall buying any 555/556 chips, certainly not for many years?

In the protoboard picture. Driver board has 6 DIP-14 ICs which are going to be AND gates and a single DIP-16 which will be the 556. Even has the Watchdog LED and large 100uF cap for the ~1 second RC circuit.

For reference the pinheck has 6 AND gate ICS

Oh and you might not remember 556 but the TI part number CD74HC123 which is a 556 timer.

#151 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Isn't PinHeck a massive dead end in terms of future expansion? I mean, even Spooky did a newer revision.

What do you mean. RZ uses PinHeck REV7D. We have a REV8 EOTL in the works for Bible Adventures Part 1.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider longhornengineer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-designers-please-listen?tu=longhornengineer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.