2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 175 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Jackontherocks
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

christ (resized).jpg
    IMG_2524 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2523 (resized).JPG
    propeller_schematic (resized).jpg
    propeller_markup (resized).jpg
    first_setup (resized).jpg
    amh2 (resized).jpg
    hardware_1 (resized).png
    amh1 (resized).jpg
    Schematic-Picture (resized).png
    chunky (resized).png
    graphic_compare_TB (resized).jpg
    big (resized).jpg
    now lets all agree (resized).png
    image-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frippertron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 2 years ago

It could be argued that Brian Eddy cracked the code of what modern pinball players want with AFM and MM. As was said before, there is beauty in simplicity. I would like to see a back to basics approach with good quality hardware and an immersive play experience. Things are getting a little bit out of hand with rulesets nowadays. A classic pin should be easy to start playing with clear goals, but with nuances for the experienced player. Once games got "deeper" than say ST:TNG the casual player gets confused and will not pop quarters in the machine. This is the pinball slippery slope. I think for pinball to thrive again manufacturers cannot dismiss the casual player.

#14 2 years ago

The big companies have become " multiball" happy for sure. Multiball should be an achievement, not a given. When there are too many multiballs in a game the experience becomes convoluted and a sensory overload.

#20 2 years ago

Unfortunately Stern will never make an unlicensed theme. I believe Gary Stern said as much

#29 2 years ago

I would love Stern to make some creative original themes. On a separate note someone mentioned Evil Dead. I think we have our best shot at that theme with Keith Elwin. He said it's a dream theme of his, so fingers crossed.

#30 2 years ago

I think mode stacking only works when it's simply done. Like the triple stack on BSD or collecting all the madness modes for multiball madness on MM. It's clear and has a big payoff. It feels like on a game like SW the mode stacking prevents you from understanding what each individual mode is all about, through storyline and what shots are needed for a given mode. It turns something that could be really fun and interesting by itself into duck soup. The modes end up lacking personality and things become samey.

#58 2 years ago

Aurich. I agree shot "hand holding" is getting out of hand. I think what pinball needs more than anything is new blood and new ideas, which makes Mr Danesi's TNA the exact game the hobby needs right now. Most of our designers have been around between 30 and 40 years. At this point things are becoming a little more formulaic than I would like. On a second topic, weren't star rollovers redesigned to make them easier to deal with for WNBJM?

#63 2 years ago

I really like the single pop myself. Steve Kirk'S games come to mind and now TNA. TNA might have the best use of a single pop that I have seen and I love my Meteor.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

What's a reverse inlane? Can anyone give an example?

Check out Fathom. The outlanes and inlanes are reversed.

#91 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

For me, I'd like to see more horror. Proper horror, not kid-friendly PG-13 stuff we've seen before. A Saw game would be my choice for a Halloween release. With enough creative genius, this would be a fantastic pinball game. If it was me, I'd even create the 'Shocker' - flipper buttons that generate a mild electric shock (buzzing vibration feedback, but with the right sound and light show, enough to convince you of an actual electric shock).

It would be cool granted. I just feel pins that have a universal appeal will do better overall, because they limit their buyers with themes that are too adult. Even if I thought a Saw pin had the greatest layout of all time, I already wouldn't be able to own it with a 5 year old at home, same goes for TWD and BSD unfortunately.

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Different lower third configurations. Scissor flippers, reversed in/outlanes, lower pop bumpers, ball-save gates and posts, make nudging matter.
    Different playfield dimensions. Longer, wider, taller, shorter, backbox play, something, anything different.
    Love the idea of moving outlane posts that could be set per player, or change per mode.

The world could use another scissor flipper game like Paragon or Alien Poker! Everything you said was done by Bally in the late 70's and early 80's. They were so unique, we need more outside the box thinking. I also love those one timer outlane flippers on Zaccaria games. Bally tried a similar concept with Embryon.

#94 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

What about the ball eating Xenomorph in Alien?

If it actually works!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Deadpool Premium Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pin Monk
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 9,000.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 27.50
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.50
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frippertron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside