(Topic ID: 197539)

Pinball Designers... Please listen!

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

christ (resized).jpg
    IMG_2524 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2523 (resized).JPG
    propeller_schematic (resized).jpg
    propeller_markup (resized).jpg
    first_setup (resized).jpg
    amh2 (resized).jpg
    hardware_1 (resized).png
    amh1 (resized).jpg
    Schematic-Picture (resized).png
    chunky (resized).png
    graphic_compare_TB (resized).jpg
    big (resized).jpg
    now lets all agree (resized).png
    image-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Homepin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I have no doubt after seeing latest boot video now Ben
    » YouTube video

Yes, that 's actually the WMS boot sequence so I don't know what planet you are on?

Modern microprocessors are sold by a few companies that provide generic software bundles so developers can use their products.

Ben Heck used these, and was happy to promote that fact via his Farnell (sorry, Element 14) web channel.

It would be best if some on here actually had some electronic knowledge rather than mouthing off about things that they "think".

Homepin is using the same FREE software tools provided by these companies and everyone else is invited to use them too.

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Guess we know why it's being built in China now?

proves you need to change hands

#119 6 years ago

I call it "clutching at straws" - what a crock!

Microchip, Hitachi and many others have free assets available for download on their websites and they actively encourage end users to use these FREE assets so they can get products to market.

This is not a new thing.

So we are clear here, Ben Heck also used these freely provided assets to build his system, certainly as a base for it - that much is very clear to me and plain to see by anyone who is familiar with how these things work in the industry. We did the same, from the ground up.

Let's stop all of the nonsense please.

#121 6 years ago

Let me show a few things here to nip any nonsense in the bud.

Ben Heck used an easily available "hobby" style board to base his system on. This is common practice and freely available to anyone. Below you can see the Digilent board that uses the Microchip PIC32 chip. Microchip makes all the software tools freely available for all to use - Ben used them, we used them and thousands more do as well.

Also have a look at the schematic provided by Digilent (which in itself is a direct copy that was originally provided by Microchip) and compare it with a part of the schematic of AMH (also shown below).

Guess what, they are IDENTICAL. Did Ben "rip Digilent or Microchip off?" NO, he didn't, because these companies provide the information for all to use.

I have also posted a picture of our original development setup - I imagine Ben originally had a similar breadboarded arrangement - it's just "what you do" when starting on a new design.

As for the comments about fonts, come on Ben, you can't be serious.........

Schematic-Picture (resized).pngSchematic-Picture (resized).png
    amh1 (resized).jpgamh1 (resized).jpg
    hardware_1 (resized).pnghardware_1 (resized).png
    amh2 (resized).jpgamh2 (resized).jpg

first_setup (resized).jpgfirst_setup (resized).jpg

#126 6 years ago

It is all industry standard stuff - there are no secrets or surprises here at all.

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from Monte:

Something is rotten in the state of homepin. Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame...

You can believe the rubbish being spouted here if you want - all rubbish.

We have no 555's or 556's in our machine - anywhere. Just more crap from "the opposition". They are not in that picture because they don't exist in our machine - not even in the prototypes. In fact, I don't even recall buying any 555/556 chips, certainly not for many years?

Also, for the record, we do indeed use FTDI chips - genuine ones as they are made in China. In fact all of our semiconductors are genuine parts. Some are actually Chinese brand parts and they too are genuine.

We don't use any fake or knock off parts.

Our machine can indeed be updated, I just don't want end users doing it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Homepin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-designers-please-listen?tu=Homepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.