3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinball_customs
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2016-07-30_06-14-45_418[1]_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

DO NOT BUY SHOOTER RODS FROM PINBALL DECALS INC.
    They break after a couple uses. The cheap glue they use don't last but a couple pulls on the Shooter Rod.
    They have Awful Customer Service. Wont stand behind their Cheap WAY overpriced garbage. 100 bucks for a Shooter and it breaks instantly WTF. Find another place for your Custom Mods. As soon as I took it out of the box I knew I should of sent it right back.

2016-07-30_06-14-45_418[1]_(resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

Clean the spot it was originally glued on at if you can see it. W/ rubbing alcohol and then superglue it on? That's what I'd do. pretty sh!tty that this happened

#4 3 years ago

Joey is a super nice guy and very reasonable. Did you reach out to him before posting this? With all the times dealing with him in the past, it is REALLY hard to believe he wouldn't take care of this for you.

#5 3 years ago

I tried all week with zero response. Pay Pal Emailed with no response. Don't matter now what he does!! Don't really care.
    I will just shop at the other Mod Shops. I have gave Joey a ton of business @ his bloated prices. If I need to buy something he would email back instantly.

#6 3 years ago

Not to be out of place,but,i've been given every situation imaginable,to explain why i still don't have my 4 sheets of his pdi glass!!Ordered first week of January!

#7 3 years ago

That does sound like a let down, but it can be fixed with two part epoxy glue. About 10 bucks at most and let it set up for a day. I've had to fix a couple this way. The custom rods where the handle is drilled and rod inserted are more durable as well. Any I've had come apart are the style you have. Try again to contact them maybe? I've never had to do a return with them, but service was always good. Good luck.

#8 3 years ago

I would rather make the mod myself then buy a plastic basketball on a metal stick for 100 USD.

Just buy a toy basketball in the right size, drill a hole in it and superglue it on the metalrod.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luzur:

I would rather make the mod myself then buy a plastic basketball on a metal stick for 100 USD.
    Just buy a toy basketball in the right size, drill a hole in it and superglue it on the metalrod.

Yep i make them myself and even sell a few . Only cost around 10-15 to make anew one.

#10 3 years ago

I bought a set of their gold mirror flipper buttons and the gold finish came off after about 25 plays.

#11 3 years ago

That happened on my "flipper bats".

Quoted from phillymadison:

I bought a set of their gold mirror flipper buttons and the gold finish came off after about 25 plays.

#12 3 years ago

I've had a similar experience with Pinball Decals, and have found its mods to be overpriced and cheaply made. My jeweled shooter rod for TOTAN broke after fewer than 20 plays, and the die cast blimp for Indiana Jones - misleadingly advertised as "hand painted" - is adorned with a few cheap stickers. For $185, it's shit. I won't be ordering from them again.

Quoted from tilted81:

Clean the spot it was originally glued on at if you can see it. W/ rubbing alcohol and then superglue it on

Yep - worked for my TOTAN shooter rod; but for $90, I found this superfluous...and incredibly irritating.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

That happened on my "flipper bats".

That's nuts I thought just the oils in my skin took the finish off. For it to come off when nothing is touching it really raises a red flag.

#14 3 years ago

I had purchase issues in the past where some prices got raised on parts. The claim was that he had already raised the prices before I ordered and paid for them. I went with him and didn't go with the other company that made the parts. By the time all was said and done the other company no longer had any after PDI raised the price on the parts about 50%. In fairness he offered to discount PDI glass or blades for me. Needless to say I didn't reorder the cancelled parts and I plan on avoiding them unless what he has is important and otherwise unobtainium.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from phillymadison:

Hmm sounds like these kind of things should get a extra coating of clearcoat or two right when they arrive at your doorstep, just to be sure.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luzur:

Hmm sounds like these kind of things should get a extra coating of clearcoat or two right when they arrive at your doorstep, just to be sure.

No. If I buy something, I should NOT have to clearcoat it when it arrives, unless I'm told that the product needs it before I purchased it.

They should ensure that the product that they are selling can last more than 3 hours (~25 plays) on a machine.
    That's just crappy. Speaking of, can I still order a Medieval Madness toilet paper topper from him? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/patsy-ultimate-topper-medieval

#17 3 years ago

If they don't make it right, talk to your credit card company / paypal about getting your money back.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

My jeweled shooter rod for TOTAN broke after fewer than 20 plays

Hey bud, I make those shooter -- PLEASE feel free to PM me your address and I'll be happy to send a new one sorry to hear that happened

#19 3 years ago

Bought a LOT of stuff from Joey.

Gold flipper buttons: The gold flaked off after about a year on ONE button. Ordered another one, and it was fine.

Bought a light-up plane for Congo that had some problems with the lights. He was quick to email me and set it right. Got it replaced/working to my satisfaction. At no time did I feel he was hanging me out to dry.

PDI glass is on ALL my machines. Always got them in a timely manner. With that said, it's been widely reported that there has been a supply chain problem for the last 6-9 months. Why he's not in contact with people emailing him, I don't know, but overall I've been very satisfied with his service, support, and products.

#20 3 years ago

Joey does not make most his mods so if you buy the same mid elsewhere it's likely the same thing

#21 3 years ago

Joey is a great guy and has always answered my phone calls, whenever I call him. Things happen and it is a small business. I too am waiting for PDI glass. I am sure it will happen. Look at the stern issues. Lets all just take a chill pill. I hope everything works out. I too purchased a TOTAN shooter rod. Mine popped off also. I think it depends what spring is on your totan. I takes a stronger one to get it to the last basket. I just epoxied mine back on and it is all good. Has never came off again.
    Magicchiz

#22 3 years ago

After a few years of going back and forth about the glass, pdi vs invisiglass I was about ready to order a custom sized piece of glass for Fire Ball.
    I am convinced the German glass is superior to Invisiglass.
    Not so sure now.
    Whats up with this company, shipping or not?

#23 3 years ago

Coin_Door_Kid,

Sorry for your part problem, maybe you will be successful reaching Joey this week to resolve. Please remember to post here once something happens to close the loop.

#24 3 years ago

$100 for a cheap toy basketball glued to a shooter rod?

When I had my Sharkey's Shootout, I thought it was a no brainer to add a pool ball shooter rod. Holy shit, the prices guys were charging for a shooter rod were retarded. They are charging $60-$80 to drill a hole in a $4 mini pool ball (shipping included on eBay), fill the hole with epoxy and stick the rod into the hole. Blank rods are only a couple of bucks, but I had a spare old rod I used instead.

Pics and details on this thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/making-custom-shooter-rods-is-easy#post-3100098

The Game of Thrones shooter rods are way overpriced too. The sellers just buy cheap GoT medallions for a few bucks and slap them on a rod. I made my GoT rod for $5 total and that included a new blank rod and the medallion was .99 cents SHIPPED FREE FROM China. Just needed to sand down the existing knob to a flat surface then expoxy the medallion on.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

Hey bud, I make those shooter -- PLEASE feel free to PM me your address and I'll be happy to send a new one sorry to hear that happened

Looks like problem resolved. Source fixing issue.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

No. If I buy something, I should NOT have to clearcoat it when it arrives, unless I'm told that the product needs it before I purchased it.
    They should ensure that the product that they are selling can last more than 3 hours (~25 plays) on a machine.
    That's just crappy. Speaking of, can I still order a Medieval Madness toilet paper topper from him? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/patsy-ultimate-topper-medieval

Of course you shouldnt have to, but now in a way reality seems to demand a certain level of distrust of these things.

#27 3 years ago

The ball floats around on the inside in water. Cant do no type of drilling. Has to be glued.
    Its a cool Mod for the game. I really liked it.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Bought a LOT of stuff from Joey.
    Gold flipper buttons: The gold flaked off after about a year on ONE button. Ordered another one, and it was fine.
    Bought a light-up plane for Congo that had some problems with the lights. He was quick to email me and set it right. Got it replaced/working to my satisfaction. At no time did I feel he was hanging me out to dry.
    PDI glass is on ALL my machines. Always got them in a timely manner. With that said, it's been widely reported that there has been a supply chain problem for the last 6-9 months. Why he's not in contact with people emailing him, I don't know, but overall I've been very satisfied with his service, support, and products.

Why is the glass labeled "IN STOCK" on the website?

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

Why is the glass labeled "IN STOCK" on the website?

Good question. I think people have been getting their glass, but some (based on recent posts) have not.

#30 3 years ago

I've been thinking about getting some. Posts here have me questioning it.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Joey does not make most his mods so if you buy the same mid elsewhere it's likely the same thing

I think that's the rub here. When I see the same mod somewhere else, PDI is higher. For example:

PDI
    Tron - Chrome Jet Bumper Cap Ultimate Upgrade Kit
    $157.98 Shipped

Ebay
    Stern Tron pinball machine mod New design pop bumper caps upgrade Chrome
    $109.95 Shipped

That's not a trivial difference.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luzur:

Of course you shouldnt have to, but now in a way reality seems to demand a certain level of distrust of these things.

I appreciate that but I do agree, the problem shouldn't have happened in the first place and I do take full responsibility -- I did thr jewel shooters a bit differently a while ago and I've since changed my method, so I do apologize!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 32.00
    $ 189.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 9.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 430.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 26.95
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    € 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside