12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by examiner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Hey there. I was playing my Striker Xtreme when one of my drop targets broke off. I'm ordering a replacement drop target but it does not come with the decal on it. Is there any way I can safely remove the decal from the broken target and put it on the new one? Thanks!

#2 12 years ago

No, I don't think removing the old and putting them on the new ones will work very well for you at all. Here is where you can get a new set for $50.00: http://www.marcospecialties.com/product.asp?ic=820-6258-XX That would be your best bet. Remember Pinside members get a 5% discount with Marco just type Pinside5 in coupon code box.

#3 12 years ago

For fifty bucks I'd sure as shit be trying! The Marco kit is great if you are doing a whole playfield, but for a single drop target I couldn't justify it.

Unfortunately, as Dude said, there's no way in hell it would work to remove/replace the old one.

A homemade waterslide decal (using one of your other drops as the source) would definately be a cheaper method, if you are up to that.

#4 12 years ago

Exactly. I only need one decal. What is a waterslide decal? Thanks.

#5 12 years ago

You need to get some 3m double sided tape. I cannot remember which version you might want to digg around on RGP as this has come up before.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from PinballGiant:

Exactly. I only need one decal. What is a waterslide decal? Thanks.

It's just a special kind of paper you buy for your computer printer. Available at most office supply stores, even some other places. Print the decal, seal it, wet it and it slides right off the paper onto your drop target. After it dries, cover it w/ a piece of mylar.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-decal-swap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.